It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Moon Base in Tycho Crater? (Kaguya, Jaxa HD image)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

You failed to mention that the download for the 266MB takes a couple of days! I'm being facetious. It is a pitiful slow download and it starts out by saying it'll take over 1 hour then quickly drops to 1 hour and then to 20+ minutes and it will take that at a pitiful 250+KB/SEC. I have cable access and a Rapidshare Premium account and the download speed of this movie is shameful. Sorry, will have to miss it. But you made it sound good.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
reply to post by Arbitrageur

You failed to mention that the download for the 266MB takes a couple of days!

It started out saying an hour for me, then it actually dropped a little, I got it in about 50 minutes. But time of day and other traffic on the server may affect your download time. They have a lower resolution version on the Japanese site (just over 100mb), and then if you click "English" it takes you to an English version of the site which interestingly doesn't offer English speakers the highest resolution version at all! (strange, eh?) There are 2 versions there and both lower quality, one of them is only about 30mb, I haven't downloaded it but that starts to fall into the ballpark of a crappy youtube video instead of the HD. So you can check out the lower quality versions of you're too impatient to wait for the good version, the smallest file on the English site is roughly 1/10 the size of the largest file on the Japanese site.

Just start the download when you go to bed and it will be done by the time you wake up, it's worth the wait, at least it was for me, I've never seen more realistic looking flyby imagery of the moon, but my 24" monitor helps too, it's freaking awesome at the highest resolution. I've watched it at least 10 times (it's a short video), still looking for the base.
Actually I like studying geology and impacts and it's very interesting to me from that perspective even if I can't find the base.

I actually ran across this movie when I was searching for the original high resolution photos to download, which would be better to look at than the Google moon images we have.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Um, i see the crevasses, ridges, mountains, canyons. Haven't noticed a single structure in any of those pics.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
From what I have seen, all (I hope) the photos will be publicly available in November, so maybe with a little patience we can see the original photos.

As for the download of the movie, it took me 5 minutes.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by hdchop

Originally posted by Aeons
meteor impact sites have raised portions in the center.

The squares are caused by pixelation.

Sorry but had to stop here - although someone may have already caught this - They are not pixelated (at least not the first couple of images).. Look around the image and it's edges.. No other part of the image is pixelated.. that was my first thought until I looked around the areas of the photo that are not identified.. Sorry No pixelation here.....

Right: Pixelation don't leave shadows on the ground...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by hdchop

Originally posted by Aeons
meteor impact sites have raised portions in the center.

The squares are caused by pixelation.

Sorry but had to stop here - although someone may have already caught this - They are not pixelated (at least not the first couple of images).. Look around the image and it's edges.. No other part of the image is pixelated.. that was my first thought until I looked around the areas of the photo that are not identified.. Sorry No pixelation here.....

PIXELATION DON'T LEAVE SHADOWS ON THE GROUND....

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
"THINGS" CHANGE IN TYCHO CRATER!!
www.lpi.usra.edu...

Is this the same place?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

It certainly looks different, the bottom picture looks all smoothed out.

?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravedodger
reply to post by Imagir

It certainly looks different, the bottom picture looks all smoothed out.

?

Then are not only my eyes....

They are in full excavation, I suppose....

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well ive looked for your moon bases in tycho and i cant find anything but rocks and more rocks

I used this image wms.selene.jaxa.jp... and zoomed in.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by remymartin
Well ive looked for your moon bases in tycho and i cant find anything but rocks and more rocks

I used this image wms.selene.jaxa.jp... and zoomed in.

Sorry, Remy.
Bad resolution and heavly doctorized.
Really, really strange....

They hide something in this crater.
Do you see the difference between the two different images taken by Apollo and Kaguya?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

The first image was taken by Lunar Orbiter 5. The spacecraft acquired photographic data from August 6 to 18, 1967.www.lpi.usra.edu...

Here is another view of tycho with similar lighting lpod.org... taken in 2006. Looks the same to me

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Yes, things change, and they are called shadows, they change with the Sun's position.

You cannot seriously compare two photos in which the illumination is completely different, as an extreme example you wouldn't compare a night shot with a noon shot of any place that does not have artificial light, so it is only natural that two photos of the same place (a place that is not flat and smooth) will look different when the Sun is in a different position.

Oh, and the resolution of the Kaguya image is not worse than the resolution of the photos you posted, although I think that it's not a real photo (I am not sure but it looks a 3D model with the photo superimposed).

PS: please don't repeat the same post in other threads, it can be considered spam.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Yes, things change, and they are called shadows, they change with the Sun's position.

That's right.

And the reason the surface looks rougher in the older photo with the sun at a lower angle is that creates longer shadows, even on small bumps, accentuating any lack of smoothness in the surface. The smoother looking image from Japan's probe has the sun higher in the sky so you don't see the long shadows off the surface bumps as much, and while that creates the illusion of being smoother, it's just that, an illusion. If you really study the pictures closely (it helps to put them in the same orientation) you'll see the surface look very similar in both, except for the shadows, and the shadows are not really a surface feature, just a result of illumination.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
"THINGS" CHANGE IN TYCHO CRATER!!

You bet your bippy! Something is just not right. I brought out my NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC image which is the one I used for OP and I copied the photo you provided of the less contrasty and more even lit view and I rotated the photo to match orientation of the NAT'L GEO. one. The central peak has been changed! I have to go with the high quality of the OP and it shows definite shapes and shadows. NASA would not have settled for a less than perfect photograph. That photograph shows land formations that are not in the new JAXA/SELENE or whatever images.

Have I discovered something of importance? I'm going to inquire of NASA and see how much they charge these days for a large print. I can't afford to spend my Soc. Sec. money on a photo that once I'm satisfied is going to be shelved. Maybe one of you "rich" guys want to attempt it.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I see the difference of shadows but the Apollo photograph shows land formations that are not in the new JAXA/SELENE/Kaguya image.
It is not absolutely a issue of shadows, Albedo or sun on the horizon.
Where they have gone these cliffs and rocks?
They were on a huge area....
It is obvious that they are levelled and smoothed out.

There are excavation in Tycho crater!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Take a look at this: NO CLIFFS!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Tycho features in the film and book 2001: A Space Odyssey as the location of TMA-1 (Tycho Magnetic Anomaly 1) which turns out to be one of the enigmatic monoliths.

Like this...

Maybe Arthur C. Clarke and Stanley Kubrik were not wrong...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
All your doing is taking a picture, magnifying it x10 and putting a box around a certain area, thats all. You will see what you WANT to see.

Excavation? What excavation?
Once again, its just a box around a bunch of large rocks that are casting shadows.

The fact that some of you think all you can do is download a picture RELEASED by NASA and zoom in to find something is for lack of better words, retarded.

Nasa with its KNOWN airbrushers pretty much handle anything that you would be able to "find" on your own, does some "stuff" slip through? Of course, but realize for ANYTHING to slip through their airbrushers it would have to be a very small artifact. Not something thats in or around a documented crater.

Get real Imagir.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join