It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Moon Base in Tycho Crater? (Kaguya, Jaxa HD image)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

The use of near infrared filters does not provide thermal imagery. It just blocks other wavelengths. This is why it is useful for mineralogy. This is why Clementine had a completely different instrument which it used for thermal imaging. An instrument which was not used for the images of Tycho.

[edit on 11/18/2009 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
You REALLY IGNORE that the infrared radiation has a wavelength (that he is equal to the speed of the light to according to uniform for the frequency) comprised between 700 nm and 1 milimeter (1000 nm) often comes associated with the concepts of “HEAT” and “Thermal Radiation”.
I don't think Phage ignores it, but you are wrong in at least one thing, 1 millimetre is not 1000 nm, it's 1000 μm or 1000000 nm.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

I read just the beginning, up to that part where they say:

The LWlR camera, shown in Fig. 1, used a 1992 state-of-the-art Amber 128 x 128 MerCadTelluride (MCT) FPA for imaging between 8.0 and 9.5 μm

From the same page where you got the Tycho image:

These UV/VIS images were formed from a mosaic of five image cubes, each consisting of spectral bands (415 nm, 750 nm, 900 nm, 950 nm, and 1000 nm). These data were acquired during orbit 40 on February 28, 1994.

Do you see what is wrong in your posts?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

You REALLY IGNORE that the infrared radiation has a wavelength (that he is equal to the speed of the light to according to uniform for the frequency) comprised between 700 nm and 1 milimeter (1000 nm) often comes associated with the concepts of “HEAT” and “Thermal Radiation”.
I don't think Phage ignores it, but you are wrong in at least one thing, 1 millimetre is not 1000 nm, it's 1000 μm or 1000000 nm.

You are right but I did not mean that 1 milimeter is equal to 1000nm but that 1000 nm is comprised in the range.

The range for the acquisition of the thermal radiation is comprised between 700 nm and 1 milimeter.

The indication of "1000 nm" is comprised in this range and it is evidenced in the acquisition of the three different images of Clementine.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

The range for the acquisition of the thermal radiation is comprised between 700 nm and 1 milimeter.

OK, where did you get that idea?

From what I have seen in several places, including the specifications for the Clementine cameras, the "emitted" or "thermal" infrared starts around 8000 nm, and has nothing to do with the "reflected" infrared, that has a much shorter wavelength.

If things were as you say, why would they use two different cameras in Clementine to get the near-infrared and the thermal information?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Compare
www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

And
en.wikipedia.org...

Clementine carried 7 distinct experiments on-board: a UV/Visible Camera, a Near Infrared Camera, a Long Wavelength Infrared Camera, a High Resolution Camera, two Star Tracker Cameras, a Laser Altimeter, and a Charged Particle Telescope. The S-band transponder was used for communications, tracking, and the gravimetry experiment.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Yes.

The use of infrared light and night vision devices should not be confused with thermal imaging which creates images based on differences in surface temperature by detecting infrared radiation (heat) that emanates from objects and their surrounding environment.[13]

Thermographic cameras detect radiation in the infrared range of the electromagnetic spectrum (roughly 900–14,000 nanometers or 0.9–14 µm) and produce images of that radiation. Since infrared radiation is emitted by all objects based on their temperatures, according to the black body radiation law, thermography makes it possible to "see" one's environment with or without visible illumination. The amount of radiation emitted by an object increases with temperature, therefore thermography allows one to see variations in temperature (hence the name).

en.wikipedia.org...

1000nm is at the very lowest end of the thermal spectrum. Also notice that thermographic cameras are used. For the forth time, the UV/VIS camera was not a thermographic camera. The LWIR camera was. The image of Tycho is not a thermographic image. It was made with the UV/VIS camera, not the LWIR camera.

[edit on 11/19/2009 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The Ultraviolet/Visible Camera (UV/Vis)
The filter center wavelengths (and bandpass widths (FWHM)) were 415 nm (40 nm), 750 nm (10 nm), 900 nm (30 nm), 950 nm (30 nm), 1000 nm (30 nm), and a broad-band filter covering 400–950 nm.
en.wikipedia.org...(spacecraft)

What you think that they were looking for with this type of Camera? They wanted to know the composition of the lunar land and this Camera allows to exalt thermal differences of rocks.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

I am quite aware of the specifications of the camera. I pointed out the wavelengths used in the Tycho image a while ago.

Yes, they used the UV/VIS camera for mineralogical studies.
Yes, they used the LWIR camera for thermographic studies.

Two different instruments for two different purposes. The UV/VIS camera shows differences in the minerals on the surface as shown by reflected sunlight. The thermographic camera (LWIR) provides thermal information as shown by emitted infrared radiation.

The image of Tycho (for the fifth time) was taken with the UV/VIS camera. It shows mineralogical differences. It does not show thermal differences.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm sorry if you will be forced to reply for other tens of times.

However, how do you think that UV/Vis can be found the mineralogical differences?

Do you think that the UV/Vis Camera “SMELL” rocks?

I remember you (for the 4th time) that Uv/Vis Camera uses the same band comprised in the frequencies of wavelengths of the infrared.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Ratio of wavelengths 750 nm/1000 nm which is useful for evaluating the amount of mafic materials

www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

The Copernicus spectra display the expected absorption features due to mafic minerals in the near infrared and show spectral features in the SiO combination/overtone vibrational band region above 4 mum.

sci.esa.int...

Analysis of new near-infrared spectroscopic data revealed that the abundance of white mica and its Al content in altered volcanic rock vary systematically along fossil fluid pathways,

geology.gsapubs.org...

This server provides information about mineralogy and is primarily dedicated to providing information about color in minerals and access to data on Mineral Absorption Spectra in the visible and infrared regions of the spectrum and Raman spectra of minerals.

minerals.gps.caltech.edu...

Infrared absorption spectra may be used in various ways to gain information on minerals and mineral aggregates. Although the emphasis has been on "fingerprinting" mineral substances, the composition, structure and mode of combination of molecular ions (anionic radicals) in unidentified materials may also be determined.

econgeol.geoscienceworld.org...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

All this makes honor to you, Phage.
You admit to have misinterpreted and this is an honor point.

However, what do you think about the “anomalies" that are in the crater? Also do you think that they are only pixellation?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

I have nothing to "admit". I have not misinterpreted. It is you who does not understand. The image of Tycho does not show thermal information.

I see no anomalies in the crater. I see terrain.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hmm.... Understand.

After all.... this is your "job".....

What I wonder to you is of being a little more open to some “anomalies”. Your deep preparation could help, if it is not contrary to your job….

No offense Phage. It's very interesting, as always, debate whit you.

However: INFRARED=HEAT!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

I read those pages, and I have know for some time what instruments Clementine carried.

What I don't understand is why do you keep on insisting that a camera that was limited to 1000 nm was a thermal camera, while they had a real thermal camera that took other photos. You can see a comparison below, taken from this PDF.

One difference is that thermal cameras must have a better thermal shielding and preferably a constant, very low, temperature, because changes in temperature can affect the way they "see", so those cameras may even have a cryogenic unit and are not used for anything else.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Stevinus crater is a Tycho twin?

To notice the conformation of the external edges and those of the central peak.

A strange similarity

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
they didnt come to this planet so humans could be distracted by them (well, some of them did) thats why they have to hide. stop focusing on them being here, and start focusing on WHY their here.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Something "liquid" flow in Tycho Crater...

Snake, Worm or Tubes? Notice the "head" shadow on the ground... .

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

ultimate evidence of tower on moon

media.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by moonresearch

Your first post on this old thread....
Hmmm... make my wonder.

What do we see in your image?

top topics