It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice wanted on ouijaboard/EVP.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I tried the Ouija Board on Halloween with some of my family and friends. Going in with an open mind and positive attitude, Nothing happened. A friend of mine, from whom I gather a lot of wisdom and moral values from, implied he's tried it and it worked for him and his friends. Whatever they connected with was answering their questions to the extent they didn't want to play it again. One was so shocked he started crying. And he's not the one to lie, so I trusted him with his sharing of the experience. So, I'm not sure since it didn't work for me. But, I am going to try it in a more lively atmosphere next time. Anyone that has had a negative experience after playing obviously has weak defenses in their mind or are totally paranoid. Remember, You create with your mind the environment you see. Best of luck to future players!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
dont listen to these fools. if your responsible and reasonably smart about it theres no real danger..you have to know who your contacting and why your contacting them. dont just fool around and see what u can do or yes you may have probs. but when u know what your doing and how to go about doing it than its fairly easy and safe. if your unsure about it, DONT! but with a little info/research maybe help from someone with exp. than go for it. just be smart and dont be afraid. fear can be sensed. if you get an uneasy feeling get out while u can. im my many yrs ive never had trouble.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
STAY AWAY! STAY AWAY! STAY AWAY!

That is really all I have to say.

If you use a ouija board, evil spirits come and stay.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Best advice is we seem to have an ability to conjure up belief of whatever we want to believe in.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
It depends on your frame of mind. If you believe that you are contacting the "dead" or the "spirits" or whatever other "entity", then afterward you will notice every normal little bump, squeak or settling noise that your house makes and believe it to be "haunted".

If you go into it realizing that it's a dumb piece pf printed cardboard made by Milton-Bradley and it is guided by you subconsciously moving the little "reader" part, then you will be no more affected than if you just played a game of Monopoly.

You are right.
It all depends on how you perceive it.
If you have a strong belief that ghosts will come afterwards, they will.
If you do have a strong belief that nothing bad will happen, nothing bad at all will happen.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Along with many others on this thread my advice is don't. It's not only you who's at risk, you can put others in danger too. Here's a link to a post I made some time ago. It relates to a question about contacting demons. What happened to me involved a group of self styled witches dabbling with an Ouija Board, summoning a demon and then failing to send it back...

Previous Post by Insomniac

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If you want to play with the Ouija board, go ahead. Don't let people scare you into believing something that they cannot prove. There is no absolute proof of someone actually contacting the dead/evil spirits/demons/ etc. via the use of the board.

It's like playing with a knife, everyone will tell you it can hurt you but ultimately it depends on how you play with it.

Secondly, I think it's our minds that create the reality around us. If you believe that you will see some demons, then you might just see one.

I have seen plenty of people, including myself, play with the board many times and nothing ever happened.

It's just a game of mind, have fun with it.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insomniac
Along with many others on this thread my advice is don't. It's not only you who's at risk, you can put others in danger too. Here's a link to a post I made some time ago. It relates to a question about contacting demons. What happened to me involved a group of self styled witches dabbling with an Ouija Board, summoning a demon and then failing to send it back...

Previous Post by Insomniac

Yeah I stay away from that stuff, may not believe in it but I have seen the effects on a friend who messed around. He was tormented by 2 demons as he stated - we called a Christian priest but he couldn't deal with it, tried a newage dude who ran off and eventually got some Muslim cleric to recite a bunch of stuff and my mate was mostly normal after that but some of his hair went gray very quickly.

I am a scientist by nature but I have always held a respect that there are forces beyond our comprehension so if you don't fully understand what you are doing don't get involved.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by red_leader

an idea stolen by Parker Brother

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Me and myu grandmother have played with ouija boards many many times and nothing bad ever happened to us or the house or anything. if you want to use it do it dont let people stop you with spooky threats... its most fun if you use it in a woods or cemetary me and my grandmother used it infront of my grandfathers grave and we actually spoke to him..nothing bad has ever happend..

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
If you really want to use a ouji board, do a seance, or put yourself in a haunted place, learn how to defend youself, and how to clear the room/area. These activities open passages through you and those around you.

If you don't clear the room or send them to the otherside, you open yourself up to hauntings, wierd dreams, and other things you are not prepared for. Also, most spirits drawn to a ouji are normally playing around or they have messages that may not be for you.

Immagine being a spirit telling someone a message then having the living persom misunderstand, or disbelieve the message. No wonder they stay in the area and mess with the living.

FYI I am a practitioner of High Magic since I was 13yo in this life. I don't think it's wise to play with fire, unless you know how to put it out. The more you become aware of them the more they become aware of you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join