It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice wanted on ouijaboard/EVP.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Is the ouija board always dangerous? Is there any way one could use it responsibly? Also, why is EVP and other forms of mediumship not considered equally dangerous then, or are they?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I've played A LOT of ouija in my days and I have a suggestion. Don't.

If you do, make sure you know what your doing, a wrong move can be devastating to yourself and other's around you.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Stay away from them. Those forces are far greater than you. No one can really handle them, and once there in there in.

Do yourself a favour and do not play with teh dark side.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
There are so many threads about this topic. Most of the responses are the same. Stay away from ouija boards unless you know protective spells to protect yourself. Even then, I wouldn't recommand messing with one.

Once again, stay away from ouija boards.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I must say that I tried it when in my late teens.
It did lead to a lot of trouble. The parents' houses where we did it were haunted, I couldn't sleep anymore and had black shadows in my room. Eventually our little circle all ended up very religious for a while.
I've tried EVP, and got one result from using a standard tape recorder, and I wonder why that doesn't have similar effects.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm not too sure what other forms of mediumship you're referring to specifically, but the reason EVPs are not dangerous when compared to ouija, is that the medium is mechanical. The spirits (or whatever they are) are speaking through the electronic recording device, rather than through you (or your friends).

Any time you act as the conduit for this communication you're inviting some dangerous stuff. As mentioned, there are plenty of other threads about the dangers of ouija, just wanted to point out why (or at least why I believe) EVP to be slightly different.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
not that i am overly religious but...
I played with a ouija board 2x's and it moved all over the place. Lights came on and off in the house and I started having a lot of problems in my life.

I felt completely better after talking to my Minister and being "Confirmed" by the Bishop (Anglican)

In the Anglican church you don't have to do some course like the Catholics to get confirmed. All this is "The Laying on of the Hand" by the Bishop and he blesses you.
As well the Anglican church offers communion to all as the Catholic only to those who have been "Confirmed"

Now I feel better, no crazy things happening.

I don't go to church everyday but maybe part of this was sub-conscious feeling better after being blessed.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
How could a game made by Parker Brothers be dangerous??
I've played with the ouija a few times in my early teens and had no ill effects.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

It is and has been well known for a very long time that ouija boards are very dangerous. It's like an opening to the underworld. Don't say we didn't warn you.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It depends on your frame of mind. If you believe that you are contacting the "dead" or the "spirits" or whatever other "entity", then afterward you will notice every normal little bump, squeak or settling noise that your house makes and believe it to be "haunted".

If you go into it realizing that it's a dumb piece pf printed cardboard made by Milton-Bradley and it is guided by you subconsciously moving the little "reader" part, then you will be no more affected than if you just played a game of Monopoly.

As for the so-called "EVP" phenomenon, this is all very subjective. Why can't these beings ever speak clearly and loudly? Not to mention that the devices used for "EVP readings" are all basically electronic receivers and can pick up many signals like cell phones, walkie-talkies, CB radios, etc. When you faintly pick these signals up, you may believe (if you're gullible enough) that you are hearing "spirits" or whatever.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Like everyone else said, Stay away from those boards.

Playing some good tarot cards is a much better way.
Lots of people do them, with no troubles.

Ouija boards: Stay away from them.

Most people have tried have had serious trouble!

Originally posted by halfoldman
Is the ouija board always dangerous? Is there any way one could use it responsibly? Also, why is EVP and other forms of mediumship not considered equally dangerous then, or are they?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

On the other hand the OP is just in time for Halloween. At least the OP's house will be ready in time to scare all the little kids on Saturday night.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by red_leader
How could a game made by Parker Brothers be dangerous??
I've played with the ouija a few times in my early teens and had no ill effects.

Parker Brothers, Milton-Bradley - same thing. I had the same experience, which is to say that nothing happened.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Dude go for it

but do us all a favor and use a couple of good video cameras infrared if poss and above all else set the cameras on tripods!, i'm sick to death of seeing blurs touted as demons.

All the scary stories we hear about ouija boards are just that "stories" if there was any truth then it would imply evidence of the paranormal.

Evidence of the paranormal (good evidence that is) is what everyone wants so go on dude have a good seance and better science.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

It is and has been well known for a very long time that ouija boards are very dangerous. It's like an opening to the underworld. Don't say we didn't warn you.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Wookiep]

Where the hell do you get this nonsense ? Pleas provide evidence of your claim

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This is a fascinating subject. I've always thought that the game piece was moved via the energy field that emanates from the players' fingers combined with the intense focus on the question and the board. Our minds are more powerful than we think, and auras and energy fields are very real. I'd love to hear about everyone's experiences. This is a GREAT Halloween thread. Great idea, OP!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Forgive me, but this song is going through my head right now after reading this thread. I mean no ill will for believers. I just wanted to share it. This subject could fall into the realm of superstition.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Evidence of the paranormal? Actually I created a thread on it. Seeing how theres only so much one can do the internet, I wouldn't look online for your evidence. I'd say the best way to find it, is to have a personal experience, thanks!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Like everyone else said, Stay away from those boards.
They lead most people to lots of trouble!!
Nearly all spirits are low astral ones, with attachment to the physical world.

Playing some good tarot cards is a much better way.
Or record your dreams, meditate, etc...

Ouija boards: Stay away from them.

Originally posted by halfoldman

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
I'm not too sure what other forms of mediumship you're referring to specifically, but the reason EVPs are not dangerous when compared to ouija, is that the medium is mechanical. The spirits (or whatever they are) are speaking through the electronic recording device, rather than through you (or your friends).

I understand it is that way.

To properly use an ouija board you actually allow a foreign force to enter your body to move the planchette.

It's the spiritual equivalent of inviting strangers into your home to have a big party.

You don't know who's going to do what. You also don't know who won't want to leave.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by badgerprints]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join