It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu: Get vaccinated or get sick...pick your poison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I am not here to advocate everyone getting vaccinated. I did not trust it. However it did not matter. Before it was even readily available here my Son came home with a headache and cough. I run a business and can not afford to get sick. I confined him to his room with bed rest and fluid. It did not take any argument he slept almost the whole time. Despite the good heath of my wife and I, sanitizing our hands taking zinc, 5000 iu of vitamin D, C and other immune boosters, we got sick. I was first my wife second. We can down hard on Saturday and it is not fun. I am still weak and break out in cold sweats just from typing.

I can tell you we have had illness in this household before, washed our hands, kept the sick child in their room with TV, food and fluids and got away fine. Sometimes not even in there room and never get sick. This time, we got it bad. After going through this I am thinking maybe I should have gotten vaccinated, however I keep reminding myself there was no real time to do so.

So my point to you all here is not to say trust the government, or trust the medical company. It is to say this is nasty, and does hit you hard even if you are careful, take vitamins and are healthy. So I am saying if this keeps up I would expect to get sick this fall/winter and be out 3-5 days. Most of you probably will. I think the vitamins still helped us being former smokers and not needing medical assistance. Get lots of fluids and start saving money now if you do not have sick time. I definitely would not push yourself too hard if you get this. I was feeling a tad better yesterday. Went to the store to get cough suppressant. Just that trip brought me back to a fever and going to sleep at 8:00 pm (I usually am up till 1:00 am.) I am better today but still pretty weak.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
No offence, but we will take your word for it. Lots of disinfo around.

But like i said, if your genuine, glad to see your getting better.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
A friend of mine I spoke to tonight had confirmed swine flu. He is based in London and described the EXACT symptoms as the OP.

It took him nearly 2 weeks to get over it and he said he has never experienced anything like it.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Dont be scared of swine flu both my brother and I had it here in Australia he got it worse than I did he was sick for about a month and got a bad chest infection with it but it didnt stop him from going to work.

I only had it for just over a week and was more mild than my brother 2-3 days of realy being sick but not stuck in bed, neither of us died or had to goto hospital.

Swine flu is nothing more than a mild flu altho some seem to get it a little worse than others I'd rather be sick for a little while than trust a vaccine that was rushed though and bypassed safty checks.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TimeTo23

Sounds like when I got the seasonal flu last time or what I think was the flu, ended with a nasty sinus infection and chest congestion because of it, I was put on antibiotics two times, and this was just back in March and I had the flu vaccine the november before, still the I had dengue fever back when I was a teen was a lot worst than any flu I ever had, my father had to carry me in his arms to the emergency room in my Island of PR because I could not even walk.

But what can I say I had the best of two nations.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

join