It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELL-UPSET BY LACK OF MANNERS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Monday I heard that a mutual friend's dad had passed away. The e-mail sent to me had the following, depite the fact that the sender knew I did not follow her religion: "Let's hope he had the correct relationship with God, so that on Judgement Day he'll go to the right place".
I found this extremely distasteful. The speaker is actually saying that she hopes the person took on HER interpretation of God, or else he will burn for ever in God's psychopathic torture chamber!
I mean my I could then say (as a believer in reincarnation), let's hope he knew Krishna and doesn't end up as a 3rd-world orphan, animal or on one of the hellish planets?
I always say to reborns that the Muslims may be right, or even another sect of Christianity, and then THEY would be going straight to hell. What a sly way to push your beliefs.
The last time I attended a baptist/charismatic mega-church was in 1993, where the youth pastor said: "Freddie Mercury is now burning in hell".
And then they keep saying "Don't judge". Yeah right. Going to heaven with people like that would be hell!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
As the speaker...and a Wiccan I would have simply said rest in peace

eh...I'm not one to push and I am not sure this guy was pushing but I can see how this would be taken as offensive

-Kyo

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Don't get too bent out of shape. We all get offended at some point when someone says something we don't like. You've got your beliefs, the other person has theirs. They may say something you don't like, you may say something they don't like. Best way to go is to just accept you've got differences and go on believing what you believe. No need to get angry.
Not everything has to be a battle. If she keeps pushing it you can kindly and calmly let her know that you have your own beliefs and would appreciate it if she backed off a bit.

new topics

join