It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H1N1 Confirmed in Toronto Teen Death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
South Ontario here. Currently suffering from what is most likely swine flu. It is pretty bad but not the most severe flu I've ever had. However, it's by far the longest lasting. The biggest challenge for me is forcing myself to eat and drink for sustenance.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Flu can cause viral meningitis. I bet you are rite!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
My feeling is the hospital is saying H1N1 because they sent him home with menengitis, the thought that it might be something else probably never crossed their minds. May not be the case but I can see how it could happen.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Why should a random 13 year old healthy boy get meningitis from the flu? Is meningitis common for swine flu victims? Anyone know? Also if someone can clear this up. Also when people get the vaccine, does this mean when they first get it, the virus is live?? Would that mean if you’re in contact with someone who got the vaccine and they sneezed on you, could you get the vaccine? They said he just collapsed, and died? Doesn’t sound like pneumonia of any kind there?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I live in London Ont .,I heard about the unfortunate boy this morning . There a rumors circulating, it's totally unconfirmed.. like all rumors, the local health minister is seeking Ottawa's approval for mandatory vaccinations . At this point I can't see vaccinations being mandatory .

[edit on 27-10-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

wow actually you get swine flu with the flu jab?

Anne Marie Fletcher said she feared her 15-year-old son Rhys was going to die as she rushed him to hospital less than 24 hours after receiving the swine flu vaccine.

The teenager fell seriously ill after receiving the injection, along with thousands of other pupils across Northern Ireland last Friday. He was later diagnosed with swine flu.

Read more: www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I am 20 min away from the victim’s school.

I read online that autopsy confirmed H1N1. Meningitis not mentioned...rumor here only. New symptom with the sore neck then?

Very sudden, very troubling. Getting ready to home school!

[edit on 27-10-2009 by enigma.prufrock]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

Wow that is sad news. I just heard 100 dead in Ont. Scary... maybe I will get the shot...

Are we even vaccinating for swine flu yet? I read in the papers Canada is getting a different batch of vaccine. Probably won't get it until after the flu season is over.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by adnil
My feeling is the hospital is saying H1N1 because they sent him home with menengitis, the thought that it might be something else probably never crossed their minds. May not be the case but I can see how it could happen.

I would give you 100 stars for that if I could. I heard he went to a walk in clinic originally. But yeah, doctors cover for each other quite often I find.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I don't think we are getting a different vaccine. We could not sure. Is the death toll really past 100 in Ontario. I thought it was only 53 or around that, shows how much I know lol. Swine flu doesn’t worry me accept for the fact that it effects people 19-29 a lot more than a normal flu. Also it is even worse on teenagers. I don’t understand how it can affect the young and healthy? Some people who die from swine didn’t even have an underlying condition. So why are healthy people dying from this?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
I don't think we are getting a different vaccine. We could not sure. Is the death toll really past 100 in Ontario. I thought it was only 53 or around that, shows how much I know lol. Swine flu doesn’t worry me accept for the fact that it effects people 19-29 a lot more than a normal flu. Also it is even worse on teenagers. I don’t understand how it can affect the young and healthy? Some people who die from swine didn’t even have an underlying condition. So why are healthy people dying from this?

Well, according to the radio tonight, they reported 100 dead. But, I can't validate it.

Yes, I thought the # was around 50ish too... seemed to jump rather fast.

My mother received a regular flu shot today, the swine flu vaccine was unavailable for her. But maybe its her age group or something.

Now from what I was hearing. I thought swine flu was not a killer flu. It was just really really contagious. Maybe if you were 86 years old and smoked for 75 years... Doesn't seem like that is the case.

But, yeah. it is puzzling why the young and healthy are dropping. I just also heard a 6 yr old died in Sask about a month ago(?) of swine flu...

The scary thing is, I have a healthy 16 yr old boy. So, I'm hoping he does not come down with a sore throat...

Best wishes!

[edit on 28-10-2009 by ByteChanger]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Wow all these Ats members from kelowna I live there as well. I hope we all had swine flu as my family was sick a couple of weeks ago includng my baby sonic that is the case we are all over it and doing fine if not then it lies vefore us as many here have it.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Based on the numbers in Canada and the US
approximately 1/100,000 is dying
that's .0001%
which sounds about right for a regular flu too...
but we'll see.

Myself, well, it's three in the morning, I've been up for two hours now.
Headache, neck and back ache, stuffed nose, fever, cold...
The usual flu symptoms.
Day two begins...

(I didn't mean for this to become a thread about me having the swine flu, but I don't see any new news about the original subject...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Im 45 minutes outside of Toronto and Swine Flu is on everyone's mind around here.. Multiple people I know went to the doctors office and were told they had H1N1 without having any tests done.. Over half of the staff at my wife's work are down with the flu (my spouse included). She had a long drawn out cough (1 week of sickness) similar to most others I have talked to. Co-workers have friends at Western University in London,Ontario and apparently they have tons of people sick with classes canceled.

There has definitely been a switch in the feel of peoples attitudes towards the swine flu situation. More awareness of it seeming like a real/legit pandemic.

That's just one view from Southern Ontario, Canada.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It is interesting to note that City TV Toronto has run a preview ad Stating "join us at 6 as we look into the KILLER flu running through our schools."
I spent a few years in the 90's living in the US and was bothered by the media telling me that Escalators could kill me....how to avoid being killed in a car jacking...etc....Now Canadian news is acting the same.
What a world I live in, where I must exist in perpetual terror of all the things that want to hurt or kill me. Time to lock the doors and load my rifle. On the H1N1 "death" tragic.I can not begin to imagine, but the pink elephant in the room is "how did the media know so fast it was H1N1" They are psychic obviously.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
An interesting note, in this video Dr. Low is asked if the vaccine has had enough testing, he does not answer the question. It is yes or no....not that other vaccines are safe so is this then

citynews.video.citytv.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I would certainly hope that if some of these high profile individual death cases that seem to fuel the panic reaction turn out to be something other than H1N1, the media will be just as eager to retract their original false report , too.

I live just outside of a southwestern Ontario city that reported massive line ups at vaccine clinics yesterday. People were turned away eventually in order to accommodate those who were already in line in time before the clinics were scheduled to close.

I have a son attending high school and another at the local city university and they are reporting that some students have coughs, but that there are no noticeable attendance drops or threats of school cancellations.

I think the whole thing is overblown and I, for one, would steadfastly refuse the vaccines.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Sorry for bringing this thread up but its important to note that the canadian media and local media are using this young boys death as a propaganda toy for there mass H1N1 vaccinations in toronto, the local pusle 24 tv news network asked for those people who were in line for there,

shots and they all said the same thing but said it differently (Well me and my kids are getting the shots because of the young boys death who died from the virus.

I still to this day dont believe that the young boy died from the virus
he could died from something eles, right? and lets remember people he was a hockey player.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

It is propaganda, the deaths of otherwise healty children is from pneumonia complications, this happens when the swine flu opens the door to bacterial pneumonia and the children immune system is already compromised.

The doctors found out that if the parents were more aware of their children symptoms this can be avoided with proper treatment right away, but by the time the children are to see a doctor is too late.

The state epidemiologist urged parents to seek urgent care if children's symptoms worsen.

It was the seventh death from H1N1 in Minnesota, and the second time this year that an otherwise healthy child died after becoming infected with the new flu strain.

Health officials say they still expect the new virus to be no more deadly than ordinary seasonal flu, which kills 36,000 Americans in an average year. What's different this year is that children appear to be more vulnerable to the new strain than to seasonal flu.

The previous child fatality in Minnesota, which occurred in July, also involved an otherwise healthy child. That 2-year-old died because of a co-occurring bacterial infection -- pneumococcus, which causes pneumonia, said Dr. Ruth Lynfield, Minnesota state epidemiologist.

Alone, it's not usually dangerous in someone who is healthy. But the flu virus opens a door, allowing the non-threatening agent to overwhelm the body and become lethal. It's the combination of the two that often kills otherwise healthy children and adults.

www.startribune.com...

In the US alone more people died from bacterial pneumonia than from the seasonal flu.

It is a vaccine for bacterial pneumonia available.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by briantaylor
Thanks elocin,
I do take a multi min and vita everyday
In my circle of friends I also have a herbalist who helps me out with immunity boosters and what nots.
I'm currently tasting wild oregeno, heard that was good for infections.
My wife just reminded me to drink my throat coat tea,
I'm all good, and without Tamiflu!
Nice to meet you.

Buddy of mine in Kansas is going through it...he says drink lots and lots of water...stay way hydrated, and it keeps the headache at bay. Good luck to ya.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join