It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H1N1 Confirmed in Toronto Teen Death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

H1N! Confirmed in Toronto Teen Death

www.cbc.ca

A thirteen year old Toronto Canada boy has died from H1N1 complications, IN FOUR DAYS! This otherwise fit boy started complaining of a sore throat on Friday. Over the weekend he was taken to the Doctor, who said, "It's the swine flu, take him home and rest." Monday morning he collapsed and was rushed to the hospital, where he died.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-10-2009 by briantaylor]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The speed of this case is particularly scary. Other kids from the same hockey team are now claiming to be sick too.

On a side note, in my hometown, so many people have swine flu that they have stopped testing for it. It is just now presumed that if you have the flu, it's the swine flu.

My wife, son and myself all have it now.
We did not get vaccinated, (it hasn't arrived for us yet, and we aren't going to anyway.)

I'll build my own immunity to it the old fashioned way, by being sick...

Ugh... Oh well, more time for ATS!

Stay Healthy!

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I live just a hours drive from there. guess what? everyone in this area has the flu. same kind of flu as well, not the regular flu, but horrible throat cough, then to fever.

I'm guessing, we all have the swine flu in this area. Why? well, i personally have had the flu for the past month and a half. same with my family, and all the kids at my high school.

Its just a matter of time before they start testing people and find out whats really in front of us, a swine flu that does nothing.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

Where r u from brian? ghandi?
I am in edmonton ab and we have no reports of severe illness in my neck of the woods.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I live near Kelowna BC

I suspect that swine flu didn't actually kill that boy, but something else was allowed to because he was already sick.
But I'm not a doctor...

Ghandi, they said on the CBC that London Ont, (I guess where the hockey tourney was...) has an EXTREMELY high rate of flu.

Edited to add:
I think the swine flu is real. I think the need to vaccinate is not.
I have been given the opportunity to test this hypothesis.
So I shall....

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The strange thing is this...just when they started saying that the vaccine was available in Ontario there have been three deaths of teens from flu like symptoms. All in Ontario.
Swine flu is apparently doubling quickly this last week or so, everywhere. But is it all swine flu or is it seasonal flu mostly?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I sort of blew this thing off but now I am a little concerned...I have four kids....range in age from early twenties to just born.

All are doing so well and all are happy and engaged in life.

I have had more them my share of fubar for any 10 people and I certainly do not enjoy reading about young persons dying as that kills a part of the fabric of not only that family but of that childs whole community.

It is very tragic to read about and my heart goes out to the family and the community as well as to the hospital staff and emergency workers who are now involved with this emerging crisis.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by morelcabin

That's a great question.
I noticed that too, of course, I'm biased, I've got the flu, so it seems very real to me.

I've also thought it was a little suspicious that the flu explosion, at least in Canada, has come at exactly the right time to scare everyone into getting the vaccine.

It also doesn't help statistics when your doctor says, "We're not swabbing anyone anymore because 90 to 95% of the swabs were coming back positive. Now, if you've got the flu, we presume you've got the swine flu."

It seems, though, slightly moot, as the cure for the regular flu and the swine flu are exactly the same.
Rest and Time.

With, I guess, the added "attention" paid to your symptoms, in case something "weird or extreme" pops up.

I was informed by my Doc today to watch for: High Fever, Difficulty Breathing, or Delerium.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Whilst my thoughts go out to this poor lads family and so to anyone who has lost someone ot swine flu, I cannot help but think they'll put the cause of death down to 'underlying' health issues that made the swine flu more potent, hence claiming that the vaccine would have saved him.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by morelcabin
The strange thing is this...just when they started saying that the vaccine was available in Ontario there have been three deaths of teens from flu like symptoms. All in Ontario.
Swine flu is apparently doubling quickly this last week or so, everywhere. But is it all swine flu or is it seasonal flu mostly?

video.google.com...#

That is a link to a 45 minute long documentary-like video called Vaccination - The Hidden Truth that was made in 1998, and I don't believe it mentions swine flu at all, but it's very relevant to this. I don't know if it's been posted here before, but I think some people here would like it.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by elocin]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Condolences to the family of H1N1's most recent victim.

Any possibility we can make this the "official" H1N1 death toll thread? Otherwise, we might have a new thread for each confirmed death.

Just sayin'

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
May ask a question from where did he got from?

1: Did he visit mexico? by any chance?
2: Are those avian lady bugs responsible for the spread of the flu?
3: Did the young man have any past health issues?

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
May ask a question from where did he got from?

1: Did he visit mexico? by any chance?
2: Are those avian lady bugs responsible for the spread of the flu?
3: Did the young man have any past health issues?

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

Well, it IS highly contagious and rather widespread. You know, the same reason the CDC had this classified as a pandemic since last spring and why Obama declared it an emergency.

A sneeze, a dirty doorknob, a handshake... just like any other flu.

My question is this:
Suppose person A got a flu shot every year for 10 years. They avoid any major outbreak of the flu. Their body gets used to killing off these vaccine cultures but never has to mount a full-force resistance. Then one year that person does not get a shot and they get the flu. Would that person get the flu much worse than others, perhaps risking death?

Just curious. I think I only got one flu shot in the past 5 years. I was out of town when my company had shots this year so I did not get it again. Nothing new for me. Stay healthy and weather the storm if it happens.

The most important thing I have learned is no individual is so important that they cannot take a sick day or two for the flu. I despise those that come into work deathly ill because they feel important. Argh!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by briantaylor
I live near Kelowna BC

I suspect that swine flu didn't actually kill that boy, but something else was allowed to because he was already sick.
But I'm not a doctor...

Ghandi, they said on the CBC that London Ont, (I guess where the hockey tourney was...) has an EXTREMELY high rate of flu.

Edited to add:
I think the swine flu is real. I think the need to vaccinate is not.
I have been given the opportunity to test this hypothesis.
So I shall....

I live in Kelowna, the dorms here at UBCO are packed with people with H1N1. Luckily I don't reside in the dorms, but someone obviously caught it and decided to spread the love. Seems to be the same as the normal flu though, people are sick, but no sicker than you'd expect from the seasonal flu.

I heard one person has died in the Okanagan region, but not on campus.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Hi ZombieOcto
Funny I didn't know you were from K town, what with us being "friends" and all.

As I write this, I'm sitting with my tiny netbook, jammies and blankets, and big stupid toque on my head, roll of tissue beside me, sipping sprite and blueberry juice.
My head hurts but not too bad. My nose is plugged. My neck really hurts, but I have a "neck problem" anyway, so I'm not thinking I have meningitus or the like. My back hurts too, dull constant ache and stiffness.
My throat is a little raw, and gets that awful tickley, "have to cough" sensation once in a while, so I cough until my brain hurts, and then I go, "ahem, ahem, ahem" trying to stop the maddenning tickle.
My lungs feel heavy, but I think that's muscle fatigue, I'm just plain weak. They are a little conjested, but not too bad.
Moving is not much fun and neither is staying still.

This is day one.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by briantaylor
Hi ZombieOcto
Funny I didn't know you were from K town, what with us being "friends" and all.

As I write this, I'm sitting with my tiny netbook, jammies and blankets, and big stupid toque on my head, roll of tissue beside me, sipping sprite and blueberry juice.
My head hurts but not too bad. My nose is plugged. My neck really hurts, but I have a "neck problem" anyway, so I'm not thinking I have meningitus or the like. My back hurts too, dull constant ache and stiffness.
My throat is a little raw, and gets that awful tickley, "have to cough" sensation once in a while, so I cough until my brain hurts, and then I go, "ahem, ahem, ahem" trying to stop the maddenning tickle.
My lungs feel heavy, but I think that's muscle fatigue, I'm just plain weak. They are a little conjested, but not too bad.
Moving is not much fun and neither is staying still.

This is day one.

I would suggest taking lots of vitamins.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Thanks elocin,
I do take a multi min and vita everyday
In my circle of friends I also have a herbalist who helps me out with immunity boosters and what nots.
I'm currently tasting wild oregeno, heard that was good for infections.
My wife just reminded me to drink my throat coat tea,
I'm all good, and without Tamiflu!
Nice to meet you.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
My sympathies to this boy's family but when I first heard about this I thought it must be mennengitis. I saw this on the morning news and they said he went to the doctor complaining of a sore neck and a sore throat. Is a sore neck supposed to be a symptom of H1N1? First I've heard of it however, it is a symptom of mennengitis. So I try to find an article to link to to prove that they said this sore neck thing and it doesn't mention it in any of the articles and I just saw it on the news again...same channel as this morning and they didn't mention the sore neck either. So I did a google search with sore neck and while i can see it show up in the results it's not in any of the articles.

google search results

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
How was H1N1 was Confirmed?
Shouldn't they do a autopsy? to confirm it? i mean sure he looked healthy
but looks can be deceiving, i am also sorry for the parents of the young man, but i am sickened to my stomach that the media used this boys death and calling it H1N1 death

H1n1 symptoms (almost like normal flu)

* Fever
* Sore Throat
* Nasal
* Cough
* Respiratory Problems
* Body Aches
* Diarrhea

Now i dont remember they mentioned a sore neck?
This young seems to have had something eles, still shame shame shame on the media for calling this a swine flu death without proof!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
How was H1N1 was Confirmed?
Shouldn't they do a autopsy? to confirm it? i mean sure he looked healthy
but looks can be deceiving, i am also sorry for the parents of the young man, but i am sickened to my stomach that the media used this boys death and calling it H1N1 death

H1n1 symptoms (almost like normal flu)

* Fever
* Sore Throat
* Nasal
* Cough
* Respiratory Problems
* Body Aches
* Diarrhea

Now i dont remember they mentioned a sore neck?
This young seems to have had something eles, still shame shame shame on the media for calling this a swine flu death without proof!

It doesn't have to have those symptoms, viruses can mutate.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join