It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time, the same but different.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
There has been talk about people who experience time differently than others.

Let's begin.

Laity, for the past few months, i have as im sure a few others here, have been feeling weird about time. at first i thought it was just me wanting to be one of those individuals, and i still am some what skeptical and still think this.

If i think back a month, i have no base on when that was. It is hard to explain, almost like trying to remember a childhood memory, but cant quite place when it occurred. but your sure it was anywhere from x to x. I no last month occurred, but remembering it is near impossible, all the basis i have is what i saw then and matching it to now to see what has changed. my birthday, October 21st, feels like it hasn't come yet this year. and when i try to remember back to that day, i can only remember the moment i was thinking about this same subject.

The only reason i am taking concern is because my whole reality has since been shattered. this is what makes me think something might be happening to me. I have no basis of reality anymore, no sense of normal or abnormal, good or bad, right or wrong. its me experiencing, and its beautiful. i have no more worries, im in high school, and ever sense this happened, i have been skipping high school more and more to learn about life. i wont let school get in the way of my education no longer. i believe i am experiencing freedom, realizing i have nothing at all holding me back.

my apologies if that above sentence sounds odd, you must understand my perspective on everything has changed completely, and i feel i am still getting used to it. expressing my self in this way, that is.

Let me recap this.

Started out as life feeling like a dream. (time acting weird)
Ended up with me realizing a lot, just by my perception on time changing, or at least i think its my perception on time changing.

Any similar feelings, experiences, i have no idea what the right word would be anymore. my vocabulary has been contradicting its self quite a bit in the past...while.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Any similar feelings, experiences, i have no idea what the right word would be anymore. my vocabulary has been contradicting its self quite a bit in the past...while.

I wonder, are you aware (I mean, fully aware) of the implications of the sentence I have underlined...?

The fact that you speak about words and vocabulary failing you says it all.
How else could it be?

Heidegger said once: "Language is the house of Being".

I usually loathe quoting, but that has got to be one of the most profound and accurate statements about our word-based civilisation.

I don't really know what to tell you.
OF COURSE I've had - and am having - experiences that sound very similar to yours.

But words do more than engender misunderstandings, you know.
They can actually undo the finer threads of the "new" reality that is being woven by intuitive insight, at a place where words - our usual, everyday words - have no place or reason of being.

No wonder so many mystics of all times have been so vocal about the need to be - silent.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

people who experience time differently than others.

How would anyone know if they were? There is no objective basis for the experience of time. If the person standing next to you were experiencing time at twice the rate as you...how would either of you know?

I no last month occurred, but remembering it is near impossible

Ok, but what does memory have to do with the experience of time? Memories are subjective. Some things will be remembered more or less well than others. Some things may be forgotten. Memories may be implanted of things that never happened.

Your only knowledge of time is what you are experiencing right now. Look around you. Consider how you feel. How does time feel?

I have no basis of reality anymore, no sense of normal or abnormal, good or bad

Sounds like a healthy condition to me. Now that you're letting go of assumptions about "reality"...try to observe it.

i believe i am experiencing freedom, realizing i have nothing at all holding me back.

"Real-izing" it, yes.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

You seem to some what get what i am saying.

I understand what you are saying about memories, and to look around me right now, but it goes much farther than just this. i did this before, and maybe doing that lead to this, thinking of time so much it becomes obsolete. but i really cant remember things in order anymore, nor can i recall that 2 days ago was the day following yesterday. My concept of time does not exist, or it feels so.

As i said, my whole reality has been shattered, from this whole conspiracy world and spirituality to CONFUSION!

thats all i find my self now, confused and not really caring about whats going on around me. i must say, my anger is completely gone as well with all negative emotions, its only positive, and fear of whats happening.

i have to think back to when i experienced an emotion to grasp the meaning of it. Simply saying anger, is like saying ill take the one thats physical.

sorry if i am confusing people as i write, i am myself. its just so hard to communicate now. Which is ironic, because before this, i can remember finding it hard to communicate with everyday people. now i find it hard with ATSers lol.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by gandhi]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

As time never really existed, but is something ,we humans, have made up for whatever reason, i think we are now at some point that our perception of "time" is dissolving.

The illusion of time is starting to decease. Everything's changing.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

By god i think you've explained it. I am going to add that anyone i have talked to personally is going to somewhat of the same experience. things are...seeming less important, relevant, so on, so forth.

Looking at it in your perspective makes sense. also with all the information i, as im sure many others here, have recieved from various sources. ie. david icke, david wilcox, so on.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
There has been talk about people who experience time differently than others.

Let's begin.

Laity, for the past few months, i have as im sure a few others here, have been feeling weird about time. at first i thought it was just me wanting to be one of those individuals, and i still am some what skeptical and still think this.

If i think back a month, i have no base on when that was. It is hard to explain, almost like trying to remember a childhood memory, but cant quite place when it occurred. but your sure it was anywhere from x to x. I no last month occurred, but remembering it is near impossible, all the basis i have is what i saw then and matching it to now to see what has changed. my birthday, October 21st, feels like it hasn't come yet this year. and when i try to remember back to that day, i can only remember the moment i was thinking about this same subject.

Your body actually retains every memory from the time you where conceived. To access those memories is another thread.

The only reason i am taking concern is because my whole reality has since been shattered. this is what makes me think something might be happening to me. I have no basis of reality anymore, no sense of normal or abnormal, good or bad, right or wrong. its me experiencing, and its beautiful. i have no more worries, im in high school, and ever sense this happened, i have been skipping high school more and more to learn about life. i wont let school get in the way of my education no longer. i believe i am experiencing freedom, realizing i have nothing at all holding me back.

The reason you have no worries is that you are still young and feel protected. By experiencing the knowledge that you can gain in high school you can raise your chances of greater experiences through the rest of your life. Knowledge is not limited to philosophy. Choices that we make are the only probabilities that hold us back. By skipping school you are not gaining the knowledge, which equals power. That will hold you back in some form or another.

my apologies if that above sentence sounds odd, you must understand my perspective on everything has changed completely, and i feel i am still getting used to it. expressing my self in this way, that is.

Your perspectives will change throughout your life. Ask anyone of this.

Let me recap this.

Started out as life feeling like a dream. (time acting weird)
Ended up with me realizing a lot, just by my perception on time changing, or at least i think its my perception on time changing.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

thinking of time so much it becomes obsolete. but i really cant remember things in order anymore, nor can i recall that 2 days ago was the day following yesterday.

I suppose one possible interpretation would be that you're growing to become simultaneously aware of all points of time in your experience.

If so, I would expect that your experience would progress from merely discrepancies of sequence to becoming aware now of multiple "instants" of time in your life.

That might be considerabely less disconcerting when it happens if you know it may be coming.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

See - and this is not a reproach, just a statement - you're seeing his (or any such) experience from within the "house of words" we all inhabit more or less permanently, more or less (un)consciously.

His experience of the world - or mine - is NOT your experience of the world, and vice versa.

It may sound like stating the obvious, but it's not.
When people's discourses are analysed closely enough, it becomes patent that we do NOT inhabit the same reality.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

I suppose one possible interpretation would be that you're growing to become simultaneously aware of all points of time in your experience.

If so, I would expect that your experience would progress from merely discrepancies of sequence to becoming aware now of multiple "instants" of time in your life.

That might be considerabely less disconcerting when it happens if you know it may be coming.

Now, this is VERY well said.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

this is VERY well said.

Thank you. But of out curiosity...

you're seeing his (or any such) experience from within the "house of words"

His experience of the world - or mine - is NOT your experience

...what was it I said that you were responding with the above to? My opening statement in this thread was that it's not possible for two people standing next to each other to know what the other is experiencing.

we do NOT inhabit the same reality.

By definition. Though I might amend that to suggest that it's not observable, rather than not possible. But for two people to "inhabit" the same reality, I think they would generally need to be the same being.

In any case....try this thread on for size.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I'll have to go back and review every word I said and every word I reacted to - and that might take time...

Be it as it may, I was reacting from within MY "house of words" (obviously).

(I seem to be in a very talkative mood today.
And I can already see the damage to my house of Being...

But I'll be back. )

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I try not to sound like an a**hole, but I'm not very good at sugar coating what I say to protect the fragile little feelings of American young people. It seems to me that the younger generation of Americans especially, but the youth of other countries as well (and by younger and youth I mean about 35-ish and younger), anyway it seems to me that the younger people of the world are having the hardest time accepting that they are just average, normal humans with nothing special or covetously unique about them and that their lives will unfold in a fairly genaric, non-superior manner and that they will disappear into history unnoticed like the majority of the world before them. Then they let their minds wander while filled with fantasies of being more special than others and things happening to them that are so glorious that they just won't accept the mundane life that is before them. So they end up on drugs or alcohol mooching from the state or a relative and saying thigs such as "no one is hiring right now" and the ever ubiquitous "it's not my fault" or "You don't understand".

Well, pull up your diapers kids, the world is not going to hand itself to you. You need to make an effort to have a life, not feed off of the efforts of others. You are no more special or unique than anyone else and you have no special, gnarly powers. Time does happen. We invented clocks and calendars based on the moon and the earth and the "time" it takes for them to complete a rotational cycle. Wishing you were different or special is not going to change anything.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by tallcool1]

top topics

join