It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Lebanon-based militants fires rocket into Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Fox confirms rocket fired from Lebanon towards Northern Israel. It's not on the website yet, but they just announced it on Fox News. There was only one so far, so might not mean anything other than the usual MidEast Nutso stuff.

And to the Webbot/Timewave folks - could this be the "event" we've been waiting for this week?

Just throwing it out there.

edit for rushed spelling

2nd edit of title due to trying to please the critics, even though I just put what was known at the time... geeeeeeez.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Lolliek]

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Lolliek]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
So it came from Lebanese territory. But do we know that Lebanon fired it? Perhaps it was Hamas that fired it.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I am fairly speechless...
It has happened.
And where there is one missile..there are a hundred.

Any word of retaliation????
That's the scariest prospect of all.

Thanks for reporting this.

Namaste

ZM

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Good catch, lets just wait and see what develops.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
www.jpost.com...

Is found this on the web. Probably this story?

Grtz

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - A rocket fired from Lebanon hit northern Israel on Tuesday causing no damage or injury, an Israeli police spokesman said. A Lebanese security source confirmed a rocket had been fired from southern Lebanon from the village of Houla, and another Lebanese security source said Israel returned artillery fire at the area.

I hope I did that right

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tom463

It sound like what Fox was talking about - so hopefully there will be no more following. Let's hope this is the end of it.

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I think I've heard this tune before... let's see if I can remember the lyrics; a rocket is fired into northern Israel from Lebanon, either by Lebanese Palestinian sympathizers or Hamas, Israel relaliates with mortar and artillery strikes, leveling a couple of buildings, 50 more rockets are launched into northern Israel from Lebanon, the IDF mobilizes armored support for its troops and air strikes are called in, the U.N. starts crying foul, a fragile cease-fire is signed, and six to nine months of a teetering silence while U.N. diplomats talk middle-east peace talks before the song starts all over again, right? Don't think it's the end of the world, it's just another sad example of people who love hearing the same song over and over again.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Legion2112]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Hamas operates in the West Bank/Gaza, Hezbollah operates in Lebanon.

And it was mostly likey Hezbollah, who is backed by Iran, but the Lebanese miltary is supposed be blocking these actions.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well logic dictates if it waas just 1 missile it wasn't hezbollah as they don't do things half arsed probly some muslim group that needed to let off steam if you ask me but i can't be sure.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hardly worth the thread, although some people pushing certain propaganda will like it. After the gaza water story, handy this story comes out.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

You're right, my apologies... God, I can't even keep my pseudo-political freedom fighter/ terrorist organizations straight anymore.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I tried to figure out the time that this actually happened.
Just to see the amount of lagg time from the incodent and the reporting.
If my logic is correct it happened at least 12 hours ago, "by looking at the shadows " and who knows what is going on now?
It would be nice to get the real news, not the censored, version we are all used to..

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Good thread. It will probably turn out to be more of the same (as others have already pointed out) but, who knows what might happen.
Only one thing is for sure.
I want some ice cream and, I aims to git me some.

S&F for your troubles.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by really]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It happened "this evening" according to our news, so it cannot be more then 3 hours delay. "12 hours ago" was morning.
And this is nothing new - there is dripping rocket fire on Israel from Gaza and Lebanon. Once in a month. As long as those guys target non-inhabited areas, Israel shells non-inhabited areas over there as a retaliation. If there would be an escalation in number and efficiency of those attacks - then maybe another round of violence can happen. Right now - it is pretty normal day in Middle East.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

it is okay, no need to ask for forgivness... There like Peas and Carrots over there.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Looks like they retaliated.

Israel has struck southern Lebanon after a Katyusha-type rocket landed in an open ground east of the town of Kiryat Shmona, a report says. A security official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Israeli forces fired at least eight rockets at the village of Hula in south of Lebanon on Tuesday night, AFP reported. The attack came shortly after the Katyusha-type rocket landed in northern Israel without causing any casualties. The source did not confirm whether the first rocket had been launched from Lebanon.

www.presstv.com...

[edit on 27-10-2009 by remymartin]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by remymartin
Looks like they retaliated.

Israel has struck southern Lebanon after a Katyusha-type rocket landed in an open ground east of the town of Kiryat Shmona, a report says. A security official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Israeli forces fired at least eight rockets at the village of Hula in south of Lebanon on Tuesday night, AFP reported. The attack came shortly after the Katyusha-type rocket landed in northern Israel without causing any casualties. The source did not confirm whether the first rocket had been launched from Lebanon.

www.presstv.com...

[edit on 27-10-2009 by remymartin]

You have to laugh at just how biased the wording of that article is. Its hilarious.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Well everyone has a side to be on, All news is biased one way or another.
sl

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This morning...

11:59 Barak: I hope Israel can maintain quiet along northern border (Haaretz)

Then a few hours later...

20:07 IDF fires artillery round at south Lebanon village in response to rocket (Haaretz)
20:17 IDF spokesman: Israel holds Lebanon responsible for Katyusha strike (Haaretz)

This seems suspicious...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join