It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Gang rape outside school dance lasted over two hours

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

I would never bring someone into thsi world ever. See thats a choice, but too many people do not make that choice, and just think its easy.

Blaming parents is just as bad as blaming media or anything else. Everything has negatives if your poor.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I get that. Yes parents should try to be good parents and course teach their kids good values etc. However, my son is 15 yrs old and he KNOWS the difference between right and wrong. If he does something stupid, it's on HIM to be accountable for his stupid actions. Right and wrong is embedded in every single person. It's in our DNA, sure you can teach it, but they KNOW it anyway. If it was my daughter? I would feel exactly the way I expressed in my last post. I wouldn't go knocking on all the parents doors, I would go straight to the SOURCE and I wouldn't think twice about it.

Edit to add: I would also feel *zero* sympathy for the kid just because his parents were crack-heads.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Remember when homecoming dances were fun and teens went home with fond memories? What does this situation say about the youth of today? It's terrible the rape occurred but to be witnessed and treated like entertainment is horrifying in and of itself. No one was appalled enough to call 911? In this age of personal cellphones no one could dial three numbers?

One would be hard press to not find one teenager without a cellphone and yet no one called the police? This shines a very bad light on the parents who kids committed and or witnessed this rape, whether the parents are aware or even care it says they're raising desensitized inhumane additions to society. It also highlight the lack of supervision on behalf of the school that was giving this event. I thought the insurance mandates of such facilities required officials to be proactive on the property to prevent such things from happening?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to

Everything has negatives if your poor.

Am I missing something, what does poorness have to do with choosing to rape? Or choosing to watch someone be raped?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I have nothing but utter sickness welling up inside of me reading other reports on the neanderthals who did this.

Got as far as that 19 year old Manuel Ortega and some 15 year old, who'll no doubt have his hand held the entire time he's in the system.

This, after seeing on the news another damn case here of gang rape by football dirtbags.

I swear to god the human race is doomed if we continue to let this happen...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
There has to be some reason why no one said anything. Maybe she was popular and they all wanted a look?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

I get that. Yes parents should try to be good parents and course teach their kids good values etc. However, my son is 15 yrs old and he KNOWS the difference between right and wrong. If he does something stupid, it's on HIM to be accountable for his stupid actions. Right and wrong is embedded in every single person. It's in our DNA, sure you can teach it, but they KNOW it anyway. If it was my daughter? I would feel exactly the way I expressed in my last post. I wouldn't go knocking on all the parents doors, I would go straight to the SOURCE and I wouldn't think twice about it.

Yeah but the problem with that is, if your kid goes out and steals your car, gets into a wreck, and kills someone. how can he be held accountable? He has no money, no property, hes not even recognized by the state as a person with rights. When the lawsuit comes, they are suing YOU, not him. because it was your car, your kid, and your failure to prevent him from taking your car.

Until kids turn 18, parents are responsible for anything their kid does.

And that is how it should be.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
It has nothing to do with age, or location. This happens everywhere.

THIS is human nature.

Yep.. and it happens in both conservative and liberal areas...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
Maybe she was popular and they all wanted a look?

Maybe the fact that kids are THAT sick these days also says something...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

So, if your son or daughter murders someone, you should be blamed? You shoulda been a better parent! Wrong.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Edit to add: I would also feel *zero* sympathy for the kid just because his parents were crack-heads.

Yes you are correct 15 is an age of accountability of action however in this society it is not an age of legal responsibility so their actions do affect their parents. If parents would teach and be good examples of the golden rule, do to others those things you would like done to you maybe somebody would've called the police.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Chai_An]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Tell that to the lawyers that will likely succussfully sue me ina wrongful death suit. Your kid screws up, youre on the hook. It doesn't matter if that sits well with you, it matters because it's the way we do things around here. Parenting is a responsibility, and if you don't wnat to take that responsibility, dont have kids. Im not saying the kids gets off scot-free while the parents pay the price, but, c'mon now, if you are legally, morally, ethically responsible for the upbringing and guidance of the children you choose to have, you are also responsible if your parenting comes up short.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

So, if your son or daughter murders someone, you should be blamed? You shoulda been a better parent! Wrong.
If that child is under 18 then yep its on me. I didnt pay enough attention to notice behavioral red flags, i didnt keep my gun locked up, I didnt hide my car keys, I didnt know who his friendswere, I didnt know where he went and what he spent his money on. The list goes on and on.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This event horrifies me.

Rape is a serious issue that in itself revolts me but these circumstances - a gang-rape with a vast audience. No one tries to stop it, no one eve call the cops instead they... laugh? Cheer on? Participate?

It really saddens me to see that the kids of today just don't seem to have a soul (for lack of better words to describe it). I've put myself on the line for much less serious situations and got beat up. Didn't save the day like a hero but my bruises and broken fingers were a lot less serious than what would have happened to someone else if I had not stepped in.

The mere thought that people can crowd around a girl being raped and instead of helping her choose to victimize her further... that's the lowest. The scum of the Earth. Humanity's sewer.

My thoughts go to her and her family.

As for these... "people"...

... I'll leave it at that.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix
reply to post by Wookiep

Tell that to the lawyers that will likely succussfully sue me ina wrongful death suit. Your kid screws up, youre on the hook. It doesn't matter if that sits well with you, it matters because it's the way we do things around here. Parenting is a responsibility, and if you don't wnat to take that responsibility, dont have kids. Im not saying the kids gets off scot-free while the parents pay the price, but, c'mon now, if you are legally, morally, ethically responsible for the upbringing and guidance of the children you choose to have, you are also responsible if your parenting comes up short.

I'm not talking about the "system" because that works so well, right? Yet we have children like the ones in this story popping up more and more doing unimaginable things like this, and people like yourself blaming the parents on everything. I'm talking about what the system *should* be like and that involves making the one who commited the act accountable, and punished! The *reason* it doesn't exsist is because people spend too much time blaming parents, and it shouldn't even be about $$$. Tho as sick as our "system" is, it alsways turns into that. Yep, you're right good luck on making murderous and sick twisted teenagers accountable! I didn't say it exsisted, and thats the problem.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
We will pay the price for our own stupidity and lack of moral. We will burn in hell forever and ever, Humanity´s lost...

We shall pray to the Lord that we are the ones to be saved...

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Bildeberg]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix

If that child is under 18 then yep its on me. I didnt pay enough attention to notice behavioral red flags, i didnt keep my gun locked up, I didnt hide my car keys, I didnt know who his friendswere, I didnt know where he went and what he spent his money on. The list goes on and on.

Right. And if your kid was one of the ones who raped that girl, it's your fault for allowing him to go to school.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Just to clear up a possible misconception...

The girl was lured to a dark alleyway where the perpetrators (the guys) were waiting and drinking. It happened close to, but off campus. Those who were present and watched, were involved... It's not an example of someone yelling "fight" and everyone comes to watch and cheer (by everyone, I mean the general student population.)

It seems that this took place somewhere that campus security could not see and wouldn't have known about (off campus, dark, alley). I don't know that the school can be blamed for this...?

I'm not detracting from the vileness and horror of the situation, but it seems that it was a specific group of guys and not symptomatic of a general apathy of the school crowd at the dance.

I agree that responsibility lies squarely w/the ones' involved (at least one is over the age of 18 though it appears most were 14-15...)

So. Sad.

SFGate

[edit on 27-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

No its the fault of the school for not providing the neccessary security. Now if I knew that, and still let her go, then yeah I would share some of the blame. Any parent that allows their kid to go into a potentially dangerous situation shares some of the burden if something happens. To me allowing your kid to go to a dance should not be considered a potentially dangerous situation. Although after this story, that may not be true anymore.

I predict the school is going to be hearing from some lawyers very soon.
They share some of th blame for sure.

edit-just saw the post above me, if it were off campus then the school doesnt appear to be liable.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Gigatronix]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Yes, I agree in this case the shcool should be partly to blame as well. I just can't figure out how you can say these kids are not to blame. Theres absolutely no justifying any one of them getting away with it, or a simple slap on the wrist. Maybe they will be tried as adults. I sure hope so, and I hope they get the whole book thrown at em.

Oh well, difference in opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join