It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Gang rape outside school dance lasted over two hours

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I would say that yes it does stem from lazy parents even if they are university students. Even lazy parenting can bring about kids who attain higher learning. There are even those who have become serial killers who have attained degrees of various sorts. Education alone does not make for a good moral basis and does nothing for underlying psychological issues either.

Ethics has its role but would not be without morals. I have personally been through an ethics class and can say that morals and ethics walk hand in hand you cannot separate the two. Ethics is nothing more than another word someone uses for morals values. It is a word used by many to make themselves feel more intelligent, yet morals is the same thing. Morals though sounds more like a religious term so those who do not have an affinity for religion tend to use ethics instead.

You ask, how can it be lazy when the kids reach for higher education? The parents not being involved enough and not having a set place in their child’s life is how. It is easy to sit back and let someone else raise your child and not worry about teaching them right from wrong. Left to society your child will doubtfully learn a good moral standing. Society in general cares only for itself, thus you have others standing by and watching the rape take place. “Things are fine as long as I am left alone” or “If I say anything attention (the kind you do not want) will fall on me and I will be seen as a snitch”.

So tell me again how I don’t have to think as much because I speak of morals?

Raist

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I do not need to answer any of those questions.

The irony is i am right, and none of you know that such a company like microsoft are doing such things.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Cops are often related to gang members.

Gang or mob bosses are often related to local political officials.

Noticing that isn't insulting. Its realistic.

So are you speaking from personal knowledge or just a general hate towards authority?

Maybe I have led a sheltered life, but where I come from, the police are the good guys. No, the police here are NOT related to gang members, they loath them and spend a whole lot of their time trying to rid their towns of the crime and violence that the gang members bring to it.

I get very tired of people crying out against crime/violence while at the same time trying to discredit the very people that are the only thing standing between us and that crime/violence. If you honestly believe what you have said....or if their are places in America where this is true, then I hope you are doing something about it.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
I blame a lot of this behavior on the actual real current educational system being employed by the Powers that Be...Video Games.

Where are the video games in South Africa where this is happening every day?

Most teenagers and young adults spend hours playing video games that the designers do everything that they can to make as real and virtual and graphically detailed as possible.

Games that promote things like violence, war, rape, assault and other deviant and aggressive behavoir are drilled in to their young and impressionable minds hour after hour day after day with background music and sounds meant to send powerful emotional messages subliminally to their cerebral cortex.

Could you please give a list of video games which promote rape?

You do know the same was said about comic books right?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Seriously what is your deal with MS? Why dont you stop complaining in every thread about MS and stick to the topic. f you are so mad at them tell them! Buy an Apple if you're so unhappy then...

To the OP...this is just horrible! That poor girl is more than likely going to be messed up for the rest of her life. I feel so bad for her and her family. What do kids think these days?! Im sorry but IMO what is on tv and portrayed in video games is why I think this happens. Kids see this stuff in video games. You can actually rape people in video games or kill cops or have gang killings , I mean how sick! Life is NOT a video game. I hope the ones who did this get locked up for life. Yes I know that seems harsh but how in the world does one come to watch and THEN participate? How do they not know this is wrong? Wow I'm kind of glad I dont have kids right now and it really makes me question if I want to anymore.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Could you please give a list of video games which promote rape?

Grand Theft Auto comes to mind.

I see by your avatar that you play EvE. Tell me your in game name please. I want to pod you.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by aravoth]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

What do kids think these days?!

sad thing is, they don't, and it's the downfall of society that is the cause. Each generation seems to get worse and worse.

Welcome to the fall of the western empire. Hope you enjoy the ride down, cause the bottom isn't pretty at all.

link   
reply to post by aravoth

Yep GTA crossed my mind....

link   
reply to post by Aeons

Are you serious? Really? Every cop and politician are related to gang members?

Are you that far out of reality that you really think they are all one and the same?

There are bad people in every career group you look in and I am sure that there are those in every career group that are relative to a gang member. But to say they often are is nothing but ignorance in its purest form.

I would love to see your proof that cops and politicians are often related to gang members. If even a quarter were related to gang members I would say the greater portion of those are distant at that.

I am still baffled at the poster who says the cops were the rapist’s friends and will be rewarded for this. Let’s get one thing straight yes there are bad cops, but most are good people.

Raist

link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You do know that America never had these kinds of problems before the liberals started tinkering with the educational system and making laws that forbid effective disciplining of children.

You do know that your arguments generally never offer any solution but are simply critical of those who have genuine common sense ideas that warrant strong consideration if not action?

Many of the carjacking, racing games promote graphic random violence and rape. The more controversial a game is and the more mature the rating the more young children want to play it.

You my friend are a reckless adventurer whose actions play into the hands of the existing order - Chairman Mao!

[edit on 27/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Gee I guess it would be too much trouble to ask the race of the savages and the helpless victim huh? Is this another black on white outrage that's hidden by the moabama media rump swabs?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by aravoth

Yep GTA crossed my mind....

Come on, don't be scared, gimme your eve name, I promise it'll be quick.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Here are some links to video games that promote rape. They are banned on some sites but with the internet you are able to get anything now-a-days even if its banned on sites like amazon.

This video game has you stalk and attack women

requires players to stalk a mother and her two daughters and sexually assault them, before you can move on to the next level where a whole selection of young, computerized females a wait for your brutality.

rapelay banned

female gamer talks rape

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

Originally posted by Aeons
Cops are often related to gang members.

Gang or mob bosses are often related to local political officials.

Noticing that isn't insulting. Its realistic.

So are you speaking from personal knowledge or just a general hate towards authority?

I don't have a hate-on for authority. Sorry.

People glamourize. Most police try to do their job and do it well. There are still police who have gang/mob family members, and even mob/gangs that specifically try to get their people into the policie services.

Yes. I do know this "personally."

I also know "personally" that there are political officials who are related, or have working relationships with mobsters. Local to on high.

Again, not authority hate. Most people get into politics because they have a passion for it. But not everyone.

Just realistic.

I was terribly disappointed when I first got a good look see at this. But it does make sense that when your profits and power are impacted by something, that you'd try to control that something. Corporations, and criminals.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

horse poop is what that is. America sure did have those problems. They just didn't talk about it, or publish it, and then sent the girls away.

I get sick and tired of people's Golden Ages Fantasies. They never existed, and the fact that you think they did was bought on the backs of victims being silenced or punished.

[edit on 2009/10/27 by Aeons]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You do know that America never had these kinds of problems before the liberals started tinkering with the educational system and making laws that forbid effective disciplining of children.

Really? Rape didn't exist here before liberals started tinkering?

I think you are incredibly naive

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I didn't say or even imply that every police member is related to gang members.

But there certainly are those who are. Sometimes it doesn't matter, because the person in question loves what they do more than they are connected to that family member.

And sometimes, it does matter. There are areas where gangs/mobs specifically target getting some of "their own" in to these organizations for their benefit

Now, deal with what I said rather than trying to change what I said so that you can make it and "all or nothing" with you on the nothing side of it.

edit to add: while I could give you a few names of politicians I am not going to. You want a FINE example though that you surely do know of? Joe Kennedy, father of those Kennedys was a "mob boss." A true, all out, raping, pillaging, bootlegging, kidnapping, crime boss.

[edit on 2009/10/27 by Aeons]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
So let me get this straight..

This girl was tied up and crying and being assultaed?
Or was she just scared to run away...??

the belief NO ONE HELPED her that was walking by makes me feel as if the story isn't 100% clear in the paper...

at a party when i was in grade 10 there was a girl in a room with 2 boys, then more and more came in and she welcomed them in.....

then when her parents found out, she cried rape.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
So let me get this straight..

This girl was tied up and crying and being assultaed?
Or was she just scared to run away...??

the belief NO ONE HELPED her that was walking by makes me feel as if the story isn't 100% clear in the paper...

at a party when i was in grade 10 there was a girl in a room with 2 boys, then more and more came in and she welcomed them in.....

then when her parents found out, she cried rape.

So you think that one might accidentally invite so many in to have fun with you in the parking lot that you end up in the hospital in serious condition?

Yeah, that sounds just like consent.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I think you are being incredibly disengenous and as usual attempting to deflect and derail the thread with focusing on non-productive, non-pertinent points.

Once again you aren't making any attempt to understand better the nature of societies problems or attempting to look for common sense ways to help society.

Most of your arguments are "I am outraged"

Good for you!

Most of your arguments are "The government will correct this one day"

One day over the rainbow...my heart lies!

Most of your arguments are "You are wrong"

This of course makes you what? Right? About being outraged and the government as long as it is led by the Democratic party will one day fix it?

Most of your arguments are "Oops another poster already posted facts that made my original criticisms look silly so let me look for something I can split hairs on"

This is really making the world a better and safer place...for criminals, despots, tyrants, rapists, theives and murderers!

You my hero Hunka!

By chance do you have any solutions to this problem or are we just spilling blood all over the place from your bleeding heart?

My frank assesment is a watered down educational system, weakened parents rights by liberal thinkers and laws, and video games and graphic violence on TV and the Media is causing an escalation in irresponsible people with a skewered non-empathetic view on reality.

What's your framk assessment Hunka?

Do you actually have one?

Once again my friend you are a reckless adventurer playing into the hands of the existing order - Chairman Mao

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join