It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists now confirm superheavy element 114! (Antigravity)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I suggest everyone subscribe to this guys channel btw...he puts alot of thought into his videos.

Good channel, I can't wait to subscribe to it.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by game over man
Spelling erros always ruin the credibility for me.

Spelling whats?

define irony. :-)

Yes, pretty funny!

But back on topic why is this news so important?

Well, for a history of its significance, you would have to watch a old interview by someone named Bob Lazar...he basically put area 51 on the map kinda thing.

Long ago, he came out and spoke about how he is basically a whistleblower, talked about how this mysterious base in the desert is backengineering a alien flying disk.

He talks alot about various scientific details of his job, lots of really technical stuff...and then he talks about how its all powered.

He said basically they artifically create 115 which lets off energy and then folds down to 114 (which I guess 114 occurs naturally on a different star system called Reticuli)...the energy gets processed from the reaction.

Now, when this came out, the skeptical community basically said there is no such thing as 114, never will be, the island of stability is a myth, will never be created, therefore Lazar is a liar.

This experiment has confirmed the potential existance of 114, which simply means a little bit more of lazar's story is based in fact. now, how much of it is still open for debate (and no doubt will be debated alot), but its sort of just a small piece in a large puzzle that has been sorted out. Pretty exciting for the hardcore UFOlogist though.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
So the only evidence that element 115 has anti-gravitic properties is that Bob Lazar says so?

Well, I'm ZombieOctopus and I say that element 122 allows you to travel through time... prove me wrong!

No he said that 115 is what powers the reactor that powers the ship. Lazzar claims that 115 is great because its colder than normal fission. Its everything combined to make it fly.

I don't believe anything that comes out of John Lear's mouth though. Trees on the moon

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
There isn't a coverup. Physicists have long predicted that elements probably go to 126. The real problem is that there is no known physical mechanism by which Lazar says what 115 can make what he says it makes alleged starships do.

en.wikipedia.org...(extended)#End_of_the_periodic_table

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Don't worry,our wonderful government will just use this extraterrestrial given element for evil purposes,and I'll bet my life's savings on it. They will have new weapons to destroy with in no time!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
If I had the time and resources, I'd made something like that just to see. Imagine wrapping a tube around a lead core and and pumping mercury through the tube at high speed.

Think Nazi Bell.

You might not like what you see.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Thanks for the post, it gives me HOPE!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
great find;
Flag and Star

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by JayinAR

It's amazing to me the bloody mindedness of people, it really does.

Pretty much the whole of academia have sneered and ridiculed the whole notion and possibility of super heavy elements, until quite recently that is.

What else has mainstream science been working on that these 'skeptics' (i hate that word) have laughed at and rubbished for years as impossible, fantasy, and non-science?

How about Time travel? Yep, the old chestnut is getting serious attention again, and it is estimated that mankind will have cracked it in another 50 - 150 years. Which means it has ALWAYS been possible for any race to conquer at any time.

Teleportation..Star trek style matter beaming is a real science being seriously researched (with REAL research money - lot's of it)

FTL (Faster than light or superluminal speeds) travel has been coming on leaps and bounds over the last 20 or so years. YES, i know relativistic speeds would increase mass exponentially and would ultimately require more energy than is currently available in the universe, BUT research is heading into areas that allow for circumventing this.

Anti gravity.

And loads of other subjects that would have previously attracted derision and scorn, not serious research grants, as they are today.

Skepticism is fine, as long as it doesn't become a way of life, or a career.

The real possibilities in science tend to be rubbished as a matter of course for these people, just because they feel they have a stance to maintain.

i absolutely agree...have you got some links to those things you mentioned..about rsearch into anti-gravity or getting around the speed of light problem..

thanks

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

well iv looked on the U.S. Department of Energy's Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory,s website and found nothing about this

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
This element was created in 1998. According to the article, its existence was confirmed. Anti-gravity properties were not confirmed, at least not according to the article.

I'm not sure how anyone figures that a collection of elementary particles is going to produce anti-gravity. Not saying it's *impossible*, but there is no basis for such a possibility.

From what I can see, we're already up to element 118, with no evidence of anti-gravity.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Yeah, you're right...that could be said.

But normally, a discovery, any discovery in a practical sense is much more than the theory or the science behind it.

As a throwaway, you take a 12V car battery, and look at it. It's a smallish rectangular box, fairly massive, and hard to the touch.

It holds a vast amount of potential chemical energy.

Is that the end of the story for practical purposes? No..we have to know the processes and design and engineer required ancillary equipment in order to use the energy in a practical way.

We need conductive cables, we need a method to recharge it, we also need equipment and devices to make use of it's power. The battery, even though it's quite a powerful little box, is nothing without the correct processes and procedures put in place, in the correct sequence, in order to make use of the battery.

It's perfectly reasonable to assume a similar procedural and process path with regards to advanced, theoretical, elemental physics and associated devices. The battery would not work, with only one terminal in use, i would assume, an advanced heavy element reactor would require substantial and precise processes to be in place, before it does what is asked of it.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

A link for anti-gravity:
NewScientist article about Burkhard Heim's Anti-Gravity 'Hyperdrive': www.newscientist.com...

The article is over three and a half years old... still waiting for a progress update.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
If I had the time and resources, I'd made something like that just to see. Imagine wrapping a tube around a lead core and and pumping mercury through the tube at high speed.

Think Nazi Bell.

You might not like what you see.

And pulsing it with AC & DC current...

Don't put anything organic in the vicinity.

[edit to add quote]

[edit on 28-10-2009 by McGinty]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
[edit on 28-10-2009 by GideonHM]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by curiousaboutsky

No, no..Nothing like that!

I am not involved in any professional areas, i just have an interest.

My main interest in advanced technology comes through a more anthropology based interest really.

It both fascinates and infuriates me that humanity has and does and will retard progress and technologies that would and could have already, propelled humanity into a golden age.

For what? Money. Power. Dominance. Dogma. And of course - conceit.

I find it amazing, that the nature of some very intelligent people is such that they feverishly work towards maintaining the status-quo, and dogma rather than using the same energies to advance our collective knowledge, through aiding those that are able to be free thinkers with their not inconsiderable knowledge of conventional science. These people could contribute so much, yet they choose not to.

I find it mind boggling.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I could see how you'd think i was having a pop at you. I wasn't. I really wasn't.

I just started typing and as usual went off on a tangent!

Actually, i was kind of agreeing with you.

People usually 'get me wrong', not their fault, but mine.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

I think it is probably more likely that the stability issues have been overcome in a distant solar system, rather than E115 existing in a naturally stable state.

When it is said that E115 was given to us, i'm inclined to feel what is meant is that the technologies for production and subsequent stabilization (and utilization) were given, not the element itself, in a container or something.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Hopefully this won't sound patronising, but i like the way you think!

It's people who use their minds like you do, who get things done.

Your idea, is very similar to descriptions in Sanskrit texts from the Vedas in India. Most of the text that has been deciphered so far (only a small fraction of the documents available) deal with the technology, construction and operation of flying vehicles of varying sizes and designs.

Simply put, their propulsion (on some of the 'models') consists of what can be described as a 'mercury vortex' drive system.

Similar to what you write. Mercury is pumped around a resonant cavity, under pressure and by all accounts a vortex is created, which is used to propel the craft. Of course, i'm sure it's a LOT more involved and technical that just that, but it's close.

The Searl Effect Generator (SEG) uses spinning rollers and ferrite rare earth elements to create a lifting effect a lifting force (antigrav) as the rollers rotate faster and faster around a series of central rings.

Again, still experimental, and controversial but similar to what you said, in terms of 'pumping' elements around under pressure.

Electrons rotate and retain orbital integrity. The planets rotate and retain orbital integrity, solar systems and even galaxies do the same thing. So does a Gyroscope. It focuses it's center of gravity to a very small point, and because it is rapidly spinning, can be positioned at any oblique angle and essentially counteract gravity.

I remember reading, quite a time ago now, that workers in a plastics factory in the US, encountered a curious effect during manufacture of long lengths of thing plastic (PVC i think) slung between rollers.

The lengths would come along a route, passing over several nylon rollers on it's way to be cut into rolls or sheets etc. Imagine a printing press, carrying long rolls of paper to be printed and you have the picture.

By chance, on an occasion, a worker dropped something, a tool or something, into the path of one of these lengths of plastic sheet, and discovered that the tool (a hammer or similar if i remember), was repelled by a force emanating from above the surface of the rapidly moving sheet pf plastic. They called the factory bosses in, who were equally amazed, at the effect, an tried to physically touch the moving sheet. They discovered that they could not, as they bodies were repulsed, along with anything else they tried. They had accidentally discovered a type of force field, which repelled anything placed withing a few feet of it's surface!
It should be noted that the air was relatively humid at the time, and they have noted that the effect requires high humidity.

It's not a huge stretch to theorize that overcoming gravity would involve spinning something, given the above examples.

[edit on 28/10/2009 by spikey]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Read the book 'Brotherhood of The Bell'. You'll like it a lot. It's posited that mysterious Nazi Hans Kammler's elite R&D department had been inspired by the Vedas in their development of Mercury propulsion.

It utilizes the ostracized, some say hidden, physics of Aether - the spinning mercury creates vortices in the aether with potentials far beyond just propulsion and anti-gravity.

The well posed theory is that the U.S. & USSR captured these works and scientists in 1945 and have continued to develop them since, concealing the breakthroughs that have been made. It's a fine coincidence that Roswell's crashed 'UFO' happened 2 years hence - just while the U.S. are experimenting with the newly acquired tech.

Whether the Bell's breakthroughs were a consequence of a downed UFO in the Black Forest, or whether the Bell is purely an achievement of terrestrial science is still up for debate, but IMO many UFO sightings are terrestrial ancestors of the Bell

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join