It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists now confirm superheavy element 114! (Antigravity)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
Spelling erros always ruin the credibility for me.

Spelling whats?

define irony. :-)

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Spelling erros always ruin the credibility for me.

Spelling whats?

define irony. :-)

Yes, pretty funny!

But back on topic why is this news so important?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ByteChanger

I saw a jet/UFO hybrid on an X Files episode.
A flying 3 sided pyramid.

Just forget the Element 115 and the reactor.
I think an aircraft like this is possible.
1 jet engine in the center for thrust.
No wings for lift.
This aircraft floats on artificial gravity waves directed towards the Earth.
With a flip of a switch you could make it invisible.
- Gravity Wave Sphere Cloak -
MJ-12 could have played around with these until
reverse engineering was complete on the matter/antimatter reactor.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

well? you seem very passionate and is talking from first person point of view, are you a real life scientist working on these subjects?

ps--- no cynical comment here... simply wondering. and if you are one, i might have a few questions for you.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Why is this very very very heavy element called "AntiGravity"....if it's that heavy, shouldn't it be"SuperGravity"? What am I missing???

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I don't understand your post.
Are you accusing me of being unaccepting to the idea?
I am not.

In fact, if you read back, I stated how this discussion would progress as you outlined in your post.

"next people will start talking about containing the decay in a magnetic field."

The point I was making is that this is a thread that I have personally seen on this website at least once. Maybe even more than once.

All I said was that "Bob Lazar alleges" and apparently I get some longwinded what-to-do about how skeptical thought sets mankind back.

I appreciate your concerns. I'm just trying to be objective. At the end of the day, yes it has been long speculated that these elements exist. As of yet unproven.

Apparently they are "letting the cat out of the bag" because as I said on page one, I think, I thought this was already known.

Sue me.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
There is so much conflicting information in this thread, people need to get their stories straight.

You can't compare the Element 115 that Bob Lazar was talking about to Earthly Element 114 or 115 created in a lab... because Bob Lazar claims that the Element 115 was given to us by aliens from a far away solar system where Element 115 is stable. It isn't stable anywhere in our solar system, the conditions aren't right.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Sorry guys you've been had.

We don't even know the process by which gravity occurs, let alone have mastered the technology to counteract it or have a deep enough understanding to theorise anti-gravity particles. Also elements at this scale are highly radioactive and highly unstable lasting only a few seconds at most so it wouldn't work as a fuel as it cannot be stored.

Anything about this being Anti-Gravity is mere speculation that should be given no weight until evidence turns up.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Glad to see this thread. Allow me to wade it with a little psuedo-scientific hypothesis I've had for years.

First, I've always felt that there might be a stable isotope of element 118, and it would be an inert gas, just like other elements in that column on the periodic table. Perhaps it might be a liquid. Either way, it would be very dense. In any case, I do suspect that there is a stable superheavy element that can be created.

Second, I've think that the Unified Field Theory may suggest that gravity forces can be generated in a similar way that we generate magnetic forces. We know we can create a magnetic force by moving electrons in a spiral path around a ferrous core, like wrapping a copper wire around a nail and applying electricity.

Maybe we can create a gravity force by moving heavy atoms around a dense core. If I had the time and resources, I'd made something like that just to see. Imagine wrapping a tube around a lead core and and pumping mercury through the tube at high speed. Put this on a scale and see if there is any difference it the weight reading when the mercury is moving and when it's not.

If it does work and you can actually create a gravity force this way, then the heavier the element you can push through the tube, the stronger the effect. So if element 118, or any superheavy element, has a stable isotope, it would be essential to space travel.

If you could use a device like this to create a point of gravity ahead of your ship, your ship would be constantly accelerated forward. I don't think that light speed would even be a barrier. The theoretical problem we see now is that as your ship approaches c, the mass of the ship approaches infinity, so it would take infinite forces to accelerate the ship further. However, if you're being pulled along by a gravity force, extra mass is not an issue. Extra mass would only increase your acceleleration.

Feel free to pick apart my armchair physics at your leisure, but I'd still like to see the mercury / heavy core experiment built.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

...But back on topic why is this news so important?

It isn't important. At least not to the "Aliens and UFOs" forum (although it's an exciting story to physicists.)

I don't understand what this all has to do with Bob Lazar?

Why didn't anyone make a big deal out of the synthesizing of Element 112 earlier this year? Why is the synthesizing 114 so much more "worthy" of multiple stars and flags?

Was a big deal made among the UFO community when element 118 was found in 1999 (and element 116, which was a decay product of 118)? Or when 115 was found in 2003 (and element 113, which was a decay product of 115??

Are we going to make a big deal on the "Aliens and UFOs" forum when (inevitably) element 119 or 120 are synthesized?

I really don't understand the "Alien" angle of this thread, even if one considers Bob Lazar's story. What does the discovery of element 114 have to do with a stable version of element 115?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Second, I've think that the Unified Field Theory may suggest that gravity forces can be generated in a similar way that we generate magnetic forces. We know we can create a magnetic force by moving electrons in a spiral path around a ferrous core, like wrapping a copper wire around a nail and applying electricity. Maybe we can create a gravity force by moving heavy atoms around a dense core. If I had the time and resources, I'd made something like that just to see. Imagine wrapping a tube around a lead core and and pumping mercury through the tube at high speed. Put this on a scale and see if there is any difference it the weight reading when the mercury is moving and when it's not.

Isn't this the way Alien spacecraft have been described to work?

I can't think who it was that tried this experiment (putov?). Also when using superconductors etc spun upto 75000 rpm this was giving a similar effect. Was this the Kasimir(sp?) effect.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Sounds like some scientists have been playing a little too much X-COM!!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

I really don't understand the "Alien" angle of this thread, even if one considers Bob Lazar's story. What does the discovery of element 114 have to do with a stable version of element 115?

I'm kind of lost on this also. There is no connection that can be made that I see?

Many of those flagging must be just reading the title? By tomorrow it will be viral on the Internet that scientists have discovered anti-gravity.

On topic I think????? Some links about LaViolette -

www.etheric.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Paul A. LaViolette, PH.D

The Starburst Foundation

Secrets of Antigravity Propulsion

Thought this could be of interest to those interested in anti-gravity.

Seems qualified and yet I find it odd with his background he is involved with Greer and with Project Camelot. Seems like a career destroying path to follow.

I see some here confuse skepticism with an individuals claims with a belief that something is not possible.

When I run into people claiming they know the secret to anti-gravity, I say show us or you are not being honest. That does not mean I don't believe it is possible, just unlikely the person making the claim is right or in some case in control of their own mental faculties.

This is a Holy Grail like the idea of Perpetual Motion. I met a half dozen people who claim to have a perpetual motion machines and yet they can neither show it to me or demonstrate it. Too secret they say. The government will kill them they say. A bunch of nonsense I say. Give me some money and I'll show you they say. Show me first I say.

Could the government have an anti-gravity device? Yes, but it is unlikely. Could Lazar's claims be for real? Yes, but also unlikely. Does that make me a skeptic? I hope so if that is what skeptic means.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Why would aliens deal with an unstable anti-gravity element if they can easily manipulate the zero-point field to bend time and space, travel extra-dimensionally, and simply mock the laws of physics?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Well, so far, the experiment appears to debunk Lazar's claims of stability actually...considering the elements fell apart very quickly once it was created.

Actually it does nothing to disprove Lazar's claims. Just because they don't how to stabilize it now doesn't mean they won't find out how to in the future. After all, mainstream science just discovered 115 a couple of years ago. It will obviously take time to figure out what can be done with it for the unfortunately ignorant mainstream science community. The mere discovery of 115 fairly recently only strengthens Lazar's case. Just because mainstream science hasn't stabilized it doesn't mean a black project hadn't stabilized it already decades ago.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This thread was started on 28/10/09 at 2.25am, however this information was officially published on 29/10/09 at 10.20am. I'm in Australia right now and it's still not even 29/10/09 here yet!

Doesn't anybody find that odd??

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Funny this come through now, with that new film that's just come out "moon" where they are mining helium-3 on the moon. Just fishy due to the LCROSS mission stuff aswell.

Anyway good news, probably nothing will happen in my lifetime and I'am young, but maybe it will be cool for my kids.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Wonders if full disclosure is imminent? (sorry for my bad spelling)

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

Bob Lazar is NOT a physicist. That unofficial title usually applies to someone with a PhD. in that particluar field. Anyone can dream up elements beyond what we know to exist. Hey, I'm thinking of element 123 right now!

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Aliensun]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

This really isn't a big deal. They just confirmed an element we already knew existed. Element 114 (Ununquadium) has been on periodic tables for a while.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join