It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook to keep profiles of the dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Facebook to keep profiles of the dead

www.google.com

NEW YORK — Death doesn't erase the online footprints that people leave in life and Facebook won't either, though it will make some changes.

The five-year-old social network will "memorialize" profiles of the dead if their friends or family request it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Has Facebook done enough?

I was just thinking about something like this the other day. I was wondering how I would know if someone I was friends with years ago was still alive today. I guess now with Facebook we will be able to know.

I guess it is just the natural progression of social networking and had to eventually happen.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitybender

Will they then sell on the details for the mormons to baptize ?
one wonders

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Do peoples pages and profiles regularly get deleted for inactivity or something?

I was wondering the other day, when I saw an e-Harmony ad, what happens to the profiles of a dead person? Will some already lonely individual seek to connect or whatever with the profile of a dead person, not hear back, get more depressed and jump off a bridge cursing the name of the dead person.

I almost obsessively search myself online to make sure I don't exist anywhere. I showed up for a while on the first page of Google because of a job but I got that taken care of real fast. After a while I faded away to be Googled no more.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I almost obsessively search myself online to make sure I don't exist anywhere. I showed up for a while on the first page of Google because of a job but I got that taken care of real fast. After a while I faded away to be Googled no more.

what are good search engines to search yourself?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by if6was9

I just run through all the popular engines like Dogpile, Yahoo, Google, etc... then run one from anywho. I search my full name, partial name, old and current addresses, etc... Anything that might bring me up directly or indirectly.

It started as something fun to do during downtime at work then one day I saw myself and almost had a heart attack and decided to make disappearing from cyberspace a priority and a goal as I've experienced more than one stalker of sorts. Subsequently I never show up in real world information sources either. Except for SS and other government stuff. They'll kill you if you don't play their game.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by if6was9

Try 123people.com

I keep checking there for my details.If any do show up,I then remove or set settings to private on the original site.

[edit on 27/10/09 by gallifreyan medic]

new topics

top topics

join