It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are YOU Looking For?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

In the end, I want to have lived a great life.

Ahhh... and that is the stuff that drives men mad because a great life for one, is a waste to another.

And you know, living is, in itself, a wondrous thing. Do we really need to lead armies to victory or discover some hitherto unknown for it to mean anything?

Each of us, as individuals, contribute to the human experience. If we are part of some greater conscientiousness, then each memory, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant, becomes a star light in the night sky.

Humanity is both a singular abstract of illogic and a study in the collective. We can be no less than a free roaming intelligence and no more than part of a greater sum of the same.

In the end, each life may be a contribution to a greater creature that is both one and many.

No matter your life, it is important. No matter your happiness or sadness, it will be part of the great library. No matter how isolated we are in these physical machines, there will be a reunification.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I think of money. Not to be rich, nor poor. Just enough to forget about economical issues that sometimes distracts us from the subjects that really matters.
This is maybe because I'm in very difficult economical times right now, and I really hope not to be all my life being unable to sleep because i don't know if I'm going to have enough money to buy food tomorrow...
You can't make your living from love, even when we all would love to.

going deeper... the second matter i think is my freedom. I'd really love to have a husband, a nice and small house with a white fence, two kids fooling around and a dog, but that's not the life I really like. I know that I would die in boredom after a few years and since I'm a "little bit" impulsive, i would pack my things and go away, leaving everything behind me.

So, having enough money to be free seems to be the proper answer. I was born to be the crazy and funny spinster aunt on this family

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Caggy]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

And you know, living is, in itself, a wondrous thing.

That it is.

...Yet so many mystical traditions advise us to, and teach us how to, avoid the stuff of life - desire and pain, suffering and want.

Why is that, do you think? ...Is it because such traditions want us NOT to partake of the full wondrousness of life, NOT to live? ...Or is it because we sometimes just need to step back, for a bit, to understand life better and so, appreciate it better, and more fully?

Oh yeah, a little plug. Conceptually related (in a loose kind of way). Depression: An Adaptive Evolutionary Trait?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
In a way I would just like to know why the hell i'm here so I can get on with doing what i'm supposed to be doing if you know what I mean
life feels like one big trick

Ofcourse i know it's not that simple, and boy do I know, but it does'nt stop me wanting it to be.

I feel pressured into thinking and doing things, and pressured into other peoples ideas and thoughts, even on ats, infact i'm quite surprised just how normal people on ats seem to be, even thogh they declare otherwise,I thought I would feel free here but I still feel like i'm in the same cage, just a different corner.

So I guess i'm trying to say that what I want is just to feel comfortable and at ease in my own skin and not feel like i'm wrong all the time.

I'm sorry, I try to explain, but I even can't do that very well
I hope you know what I mean.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I suppose I have two things I'm looking for/my deepest desire.

1) Personally, I want to know the truth about this life, this existence, and this universe.

2) My deepest desire would be for us humans to finally come together as a species and as fellow brothers and sisters. When we put down our weapons and stop fighting over religion, oil, and everything else. When we finally stop spending money on better ways to kill each other and spend it on food to feed starving children, people, and parents. When we spend it on materials to build shelter for the homeless.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for posting here. ...Forgot about this thread, just reread it. Lots of diamonds..

MemoryShock
...I want to look back on my life and know that I made the most from what was available to me...that I was able to contribute in some way to something bigger than myself.

It will happen, MS, if only because life's just like that.

Originally posted by redoubt

And you know, living is, in itself, a wondrous thing.

...Each of us, as individuals, contribute to the human experience. If we are part of some greater conscientiousness, then each memory, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant, becomes a star light in the night sky.

...We can be no less than a free roaming intelligence and no more than part of a greater sum of the same.

In the end, each life may be a contribution to a greater creature that is both one and many.

No matter your life, it is important. No matter your happiness or sadness, it will be part of the great library. No matter how isolated we are in these physical machines, there will be a reunification.

So much here is so uplifting.

Thank you all.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Let me think.........

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Answers

to 'Why ?'

'What's it all about ? '

'What's it all for ? '

'Who's running this show ?'

'What are their qualifications ? '

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Answers

...'Who's running this show ?'

'What are their qualifications ? '

A. You are.
A. Your qualifications are perfect for your role.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join