It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate chief Lord Stern: give up meat to save the planet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Have any of you read about the Lubavitch movement ?
Look it up ..look up about the Noahide Laws too ..
They will FORBID the eating of MEATS

Also see this from the Illuminati card game ..
www.cuttingedge.org...
The New World Order will carry this tendency to a "murderous" extreme. The victim on the left has just died because he "used an insensitive pronoun", while the victim on the right has just died because he "ate flesh of dead animals", probably at an Outback Steak House! Seriously, a vegetarian diet will be mandated and all eating of animals will be strongly outlawed. After all, as PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) has always taught us, human beings are just animals that, for this moment in Evolution, are higher on the evolutionary ladder; therefore, there is no practical difference between a pig, a cow, a chicken, or a human.

MORE
www.cuttingedge.org...

The bible also PREDICTS this
1Ti 4:1 ¶ Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, [and commanding] to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
1Ti 4:4 For every creature of God [is] good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
1Ti 4:5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, AND COMMANDING to ABSTAIN from MEATS which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

That's what I'm trying to find out, and it's a bit tricky. I'm know there have always been herds of cattle or buffalo on the Great Plains, but I suspect that the change from buffalo to cows, if that's what has happened in these areas, isn't really the problem. They're part of the natural habitat there, and are vital to it. I'm sure it has more to do with the deforestation in South America, which has never been addressed.

And please.....efficient or not, I'm happy to do the damn bean fart survey.....I wish I never suggested it now....but I *really* don't want Al Gore staring at my bum for any reason...I'm sure you understand....

[edit on 27-10-2009 by caitlinfae]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae

I can't believe I got myself into this conversation...what's wrong with me.........

To be perfectly honest, I don't know either. but thanks for the honesty. Since it's close to lunch time here, I will refrain from giving you my personal history on the subject.

But on a more serious note, if we are to believe that methane production is such a big problem for global warming, how has it not been a problem in the past? this is not a new thing by any means. It has been going on since the beginning of time. Just imagine a brontosaurus going through a big field of soybeans. And there were a few of those guys around.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
After all, as PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) has always taught us, human beings are just animals that, for this moment in Evolution, are higher on the evolutionary ladder; therefore, there is no practical difference between a pig, a cow, a chicken, or a human.

And all this time I though PETA stood for People Eating Tasty Animals. Huh, I guess you learn something new every day.

I never take the view of an extremist seriously. No matter what the subject. they always tend to cloud rational thinking with over zealous, nonsensical ravings. Everything in moderation.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Just imagine a brontosaurus going through a big field of soybeans. And there were a few of those guys around.

1) We don't see them around anymore, maybe they indeed suffocated in their own fart

2) Seriously, I think that industrialized agriculture on the scale existing today has combined biomass of large animals, which is much more than existed in pre-history

3) Pre-history already happened and if there was a spike in global warming then, it's too late to care -- however we are here now and it's prudent to pay attention.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

its not the meat that causes "Climate change" its the cooking of the meat/food
that causes it.

epic fail

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

If we start to even entertain the idea of buying onto the methane theory, then we must eliminate all producers of methane. Kill all the cows, pigs, and ......Oh yea, humans. then the earth will be just fine.

I don't discount that we as a species need to change the way we do business in order to help our planet stay healthy, but I don't like being lied to like an idiot in order to push a fake agenda. That is exactly what is happening with the whole Global Warming fantasy. Our earth is going through a natural cycle she has seen many times in the past. History proves that. Not paying attention to history is a bad idea. It keeps people from making the same stupid mistakes day in and day out.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

If we start to even entertain the idea of buying onto the methane theory, then we must eliminate all producers of methane. Kill all the cows, pigs, and ......Oh yea, humans. then the earth will be just fine.

I don't discount that we as a species need to change the way we do business in order to help our planet stay healthy, but I don't like being lied to like an idiot in order to push a fake agenda. That is exactly what is happening with the whole Global Warming fantasy. Our earth is going through a natural cycle she has seen many times in the past. History proves that. Not paying attention to history is a bad idea. It keeps people from making the same stupid mistakes day in and day out.

I agree with you ....we really should be more careful with how we treat nature because we do have to live with any consequences that comes with how we treat it ..(same goes for the human body) ...we have to live in it while we are alive so we should treat it with all due respect (eating right ,not abusing it etc)if we want to live a longer healthier life in our old age) ....

Same goes with the earth ..and the natural resources etc .

Some things nature is dishing out through natural process ..some we have brought on with our inventions (Modern inventions) ....
It really does cause an imbalance ..but not as severe as man would like us to believe (Like the article above wants us to believe about animal waste lol)

There is some truth to the fact that we have donated to the earths inbalances and will reap the severe consequences from mistreating the earth (cutting down whole forests just to build houses etc) ....But there is also the fact that many of the calamities that come upon man (especially in these end times) are on us as judgments from GOD (all of the plaques of Egypt came from the elements of the earth ) .....Even the bible says this ..
Gen 6:13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them WITH the earth.
(The earth was (and is again) filled with violence THROUGH the men of earth )

Notice he destroyed them with the earth (using the ELEMENTS and the inbalances of earth ) to destroy them ....
The Egyptian plaques all came from the EARTH (Lice,flies etc) the plaques of Revelation all come from the earth (locusts,boils,diseases,famines etc)
Earthquakes are also part of judgement from God (many places in scriptures discusses where great calamties came upon man through earthquakes etc) even in the end earthquakes are a major way for God to get the attention of earths inhabitants since we are all so out of control and do not even care anymore that it is GOD who has a say over the ELEMENTS of our atmosphere .....(satan is in charge of the elements but GOD allows it to happen because of our wickedness on this earth) ...scripture says satan is the PRINCE of the Power of the AIR ...so it is him who sends it down on us as God instructs him to ......

Also dont forget that some of the things happening on earth these days (earthquakes tsunamis etc ) are also signs of the Lords coming ..
Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
(So much for the global warming theories eh )

Rev 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

Rev 8:7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

Rev 11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

And this one
Isa 14:9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet [thee] at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, [even] all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.

MOVED
1) tremble, quake, rage, quiver, be agitated, be excited, be perturbed

a) (Qal) to quake, be disquieted, be excited, be perturbed

b) (Hiphil) to cause to quake, disquiet, enrage, disturb

c) (Hithpael) to excite oneself

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It's amazing me how many of you are buying, or pseudo-buying, this utter (lol) nonsense.

Cow farts affecting the environment? I mean...Come ON!

The person who brought up the large roaming buffalo herds made an excellent point!

Edit: Just waking up here :/

[edit on 28-10-2009 by susp3kt]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt
Cow farts affecting the environment? I mean...Come ON!

a) it's feasible to measure the amount of methane produced by a cow
b) number of cows is available through agricultural statistics.
c) climate models have methane level as one of many parameters
d) you can vary input to the model and see the outcome

If you don't get basics of scientific method, have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I understand the scientific method just fine. Thanks for your interest in my academics though.

Can't you see that this is a divide and conquer tactic though? Keep bickering about "cow farts" though. Cows emit more methane through belching than through flatulence anyway. The solution is simple, change their diet. There is evidence that adding garlic to the cow's feed cuts their methane emissions in half. Good day.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt
Can't you see that this is a divide and conquer tactic though? Keep bickering about "cow farts" though.

I really don't see who's trying to "divide and conquer" who, really. So far the attitude on this thread was like greenhouse gas is fine, I don't believe this crap and stay away from my steak already.

Cows emit more methane through belching than through flatulence anyway. The solution is simple, change their diet. There is evidence that adding garlic to the cow's feed cuts their methane emissions in half.

Seems like a fine solution amongst many.

In the long run, the planet is becoming overpopulated and in addition to possible methane effects and such there is lack of water and other resources. Looking for ways to not screw up teh planet in the worst manner is justified imho. Just like adding garlic to cow diet, eating more veggies by humans would be a sensible idea.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

OK, here is my problem with the methane thing. If we stop eating meat, will there not be any more cows? Will we just kill all the livestock? Not likely. In fact, if we stop eating them, their numbers will increase. Then you have to worry about deer farts, and bear farts. They exist as well. And my main argument is that over the history of time, there have been animals. Wholly Mammoths, lions, tigers, bears, oh my. They have always been here. they have always farted. Oh, and the humans, yea, they fart too. If you want to make a difference in this world, try to focus on things that we can change. And don't buy into everything just because they said it on TV. You have to use some common sense. Not just what your liberal professor says. Think for yourself. Please.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join