It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it okay to bash Christ and not okay to criticize Obama?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
There are those that are personally opposed to religion, Christianity mostly, that will question the authenticity of Jesus Christ but scream and cry fowl and racism at the smallest questioning of Obama's words and actions.

On the whole, this fervent devotion and accusations and public persecutions is really no different than those that would proclaim heresy for different beliefs and lifestyles. Is the asking for proof of Obama's eligibility no different than asking for proof of God's existence? Other than the fact that Obama could provide such proof, albeit there would be those that proclaim it fraudulent.

And it is not just Christ and Obama. The structure of both Christianity and liberal/Democrat ideals are in question along with the various mouthpieces for each. Such as the clergy and Pope along with the Dem. Leadership and Pelosi.

But when statements and actions are considered wrong such as pedophile priests defiling the tenants of doctrine or Pelosi's recent questioning of where is the constitutional power to perform a Healthcare Reform, why cannot the faithful admit that there is a wrong? Is it dogma from the faithful that disallows such questioning?

Has Democratic mantras become a religion for some people? It is said that nature abhors a vacuum. The systematic removal and ostracizing the traditional religions has left an opening. Is it possible that there is a true need of faith as a part of being human? Could the left, traditionally not religious, become a faith for the faithless?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Sadly to some though, Obama is their Christ.

On a brighter note...

I bash Barack Hussein Obama daily

In fact, instead of saying grace before dinner, we each take separate turns bashing the idiot.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, it makes more sense to criticize Obama, if for no other reason than Obama is an actual person who actually exists.

And Obamas name hasn't been used to justify the murder and oppression of Millions of people throughout the world.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Alot of people rather bash Christ than Obama because Christ wants us to be accountable and good people and teaches us to love our neighbors as much as we love ourselves. However, Obama teaches us To love ourselves and to get as much of our "Obama Money" as possible. I mean seriously Obama is like a leaf in the wind on what he says. I dont trust the bastard with a spoon let alone our freaking country!

By the way to the post about killing in Christ's name if I recall Christ never asked anyone to kill in his name! Its like me saying I am going to "kill" all the kittens in the world because my Dog told me to! Did my dog tell me to do it NO!!! so Dont Blame Christ or the Christian faith for the wrong doings of a few. Its like saying all white people are racist or all black people are dumb!

Seriously, the media and the people of the united states need to be much more critical of this so called "savior"! The man cant even remember what faith he is... why is it that people trust him with our country?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

It could very well be that having faith in something- anything- is a necessary part of human biology. After all, we humans are not known for being fully logical. It is really a fact that every single person in Earth has to struggle to an extent between choosing logic and fantasy, and unfortunately most people choose the illogical path.

Even I do that sometimes, I must admit (such as believing in the existence of aliens in other planets without any concrete evidence, facts, or undeniable proof).

Having said that, I get my kicks by criticizing religion AND Obama (as well as the other world leaders, corrupt politicians and big business owners, rapists and people who murder for no reason at all, people who kick kitties, etc.).

So not everyone who is strongly against religion ( I'M NOT anti religious people, only the belief systems) is an Obama supporter or democrat

edit: fixed for grammar

[edit on 27-10-2009 by newworld]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hmm...

Bashing Christ? I dont believe anyone bashes Christ...even back in my hardcore athiest days when I used to smugly laugh at all theists, I never bashed Christ...exist or not, the guys life (the story of it) is a nice chap that raged against the machine. Whats not to like

People bash the followers, the concept of the church, the religion in its entire concept and follow through. Its like someone bashing Santa...why? You can say its not true, and if there were...Santa'ians out there somewhere, surely those are in need of some good laughing at...but why bash the story of a pretty good guy..

As far as Obama...I dont believe many openly swoon at him personally...even hardcore Reps will acknowledge that personally he made alot out of his life that otherwise could have gone wrong...he is a modern day success story, clever chap, etc...but his policys are the ones either blindly accepted and defended, or opposed and bashed.

I think people whom bash a person because they disagree with their ideology have no real opinion anyhow...they are just robots paying lip service to whatever talk show they listened to earlier to make themselves feel superior, alternatively the same with anyone whom would bash christ himself verses the religion, followers, etc...just mindless morons whom do not know how to elevate themselves up, so would rather take a elevated person (real or not) and smash them down...

I always said...anyone can point out a hole in the wall...anyone can even make the hole bigger...but it takes a person with strength to start repairing the wall.

Strength is a trait not often seen in society, but plenty of people today are good at pointing at holes (real or not) in walls

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Since when is it "not OK" to criticize Obama? This site is FULL of criticisms about Obama. What are you talking about?

News Flash: It's OK. It's OK to criticize Jesus Christ. It's OK to criticize Obama. Heck, I criticize Obama. You're going to hear feedback regardless whom you criticize, though.

Do you mean you want to criticize Obama had have no feedback? Well. that's just too bad.
I'm sure plenty would rather not hear any back talk when they criticize Jesus, too, but we all have the freedom to share our opinions. And frankly, crying about "Why is it not OK to criticize Obama" you sound a bit like a cry baby.

Look around. It's OK to criticize Obama. No one is stopping you. Party on!

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by newworld

I think that there is something to the need to fill the need. I simply chose the Democratic Party as an ideology to keep within the confines of the topic. It could be ET's, CT's (such as 9/11, Birthers, etc), and so on. That in itself would make a good thread topic, the need for faith to fulfill as sense of purpose.

Not everyone that bashes religion is a Democrat or even a liberal. Although they do tend to attract the "free thinkers".

So I guess my original question might be rephrased as is there a religious/faith based aspect to Obama worship? That the praising of one and admonishment of the other just another version of "My God's penis is bigger than your god's penis?"

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
So I guess my original question might be rephrased as is there a religious/faith based aspect to Obama worship?

Where do you see people "worshiping" Obama?

People agree with him and his policies, but I have yet to see anyone... ANYONE worship him.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Ah, but think of it as more rhetorical question and you get a better idea of where I was heading.

It was not really a question of which was right and which was wrong or even a clarion call of the talking heads of Obama: messiah or anti-christ?

More of a is there a reverence to ardent defenders of everything Obama to the point of becoming a god-figure that can do no wrong? Which in itself would be consistent with religious context. That it would extend to associates to near divine status.

The point that really set this mental debate off was a statement by Pelosi's staff of Healthcare Reform being a constitutional power under Interstate Commerce Regulation. A comment of biblical fallacy to my understanding of what Interstate Commerce Regulation truly is.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Some days on this site it seems the question is why is it wrong to support Obama?

There are PLENTY of anti Obama threads on this board. It's not like they are being singled out for deletion.

Some people (a select few) just happen to not go along with the angry pitchfork wielding mob and try and support the President.

On the other hand, religious topics I tend to try and avoid.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

People agree with him and his policies, but I have yet to see anyone... ANYONE worship him.

We can cover that from day one at the inauguration as many in the crowd chanted "Who's House? Obama's house."

I could go much farther in depth, but even a reading of various large threads on ATS with an objective mind can see the zeal and fervor in some posters.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
i]reply to post by Ahabstar

I think you've made a rather large leap in this thread. I'm not an Obama apologist, but I think you've made a bad argument.

I'm not going to break this thing apart piece by piece, but I think the evidence is weak. I mean, you could use the same weak evidence to show a correlation between just about anything. I could probably make an identical thread about how hardcore golfers are like mormons!

I think you went fishing with this thread, and now you're looking to reel in a nice big catch

[edit on 10/27/2009 by yadda333]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I havent heard the race card pulled for Obama in a long time, at least in the MSM. But outside of that you will be called out for criticizing any president. Do you remember how people were vilified for criticizing Bush? Called unpatriotic and terrorists?

And as for Jesus, nobody cares anymore, either you believe in him or you dont. Those who want to believe will believe and those who dont wont....I think thats a pointless argument. Especially since he isnt walking on water and multiplying fish etc today.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Origionally posted by Ahabstar
"My God's penis is bigger than your god's penis?"

Origionally posted by Ahabstar
A comment of biblical fallacy to my understanding of what Interstate Commerce Regulation truly is.

LOL, Am I sensing a theme here?

I'm starting to wonder what exactly it is that you have a problem with, is it his policies, his party affiliation, or his junk.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Take no offense, but find the topic somewhat dumb. As some commented, you can't put Christ and Obama on the same plank no matter what. It's almost like pondering why men typically don't shave their legs.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
As a Ross Perot, Ron Paul supporter in the past I don't really support our Coke(Red)/Pepsi(Blue) politics. We get Coke for two terms and then when people are pissed off enough we switch to Pepsi for a change.

Criticism or hatred ?

Criticism is fair and is an intrinsic part of a democratic system. It has to exist.

Hatred is not.

President Obama receives more death threats than any other previous US president, which is hatred.

Looking at what Christ was subjected to, which was hate. Jesus would not advocate the hatred towards this man. For he too was a victim of it.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333

I think you went fishing with this thread, and now you're looking to reel in a nice big catch

A nice sentiment, but was a question of if this is a religious experience for some. A good look of my threads would show I that I do not go for the sensationalism type of threads such as "UFO's are real: Here is the proof and ask me anything." that have cluttered these pages in the past.

Heck, I hardly even reply to those type of threads. I just post a thread when I think there may be something of debatable content. Most, as you can see by replies, go unread. Which is fine by me.

I placed this thread here for the benefit of the mods, so it would not have to be moved from the Religion forum should it become too political.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
A nice sentiment, but was a question of if this is a religious experience for some.

The answer is, in my experience, no.
If I needed a religious experience, there are plenty of deities available. Obama is a politician. Hardly the object of worship or religious experience.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join