It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africa might be dangerous in certain conditions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Have those unfair rules stopped now in south africa, where the boks have to play so many blacks. The black players should get there on merit, and from what i saw of the team, they all deserve to be there. SO is the rule now gone?

The quota system is still in place, but it's only the politicians who want it. We had one cricket player refused to play because he found out he was picked only for his colour.

The current rugby coach got his job by promising to use the quota system and then some, but in the end he realised that the public wants results. And to get results he needs to pick his best available players.
The result? We beat the British Lions and won the Tri-Nations.

Successful racial transformation in SA Sport seems to be best when it happens naturally and without political meddling.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
The top security company in the world does not want to come to South Africa for World Cup.

news.ronatvan.com... rous/

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Aah yes, the first fans are arriving

Somalis walking to JHB

Johannesburg - Mpumalanga border police on Wednesday arrested 39 Somali refugees on the South African side of the Mozambican border. Captain Leonard Hlathi said they had travelled for 31 days to seek asylum in South Africa. "They said they were fleeing from a war in their country." The men were heading to Johannesburg.

Oh they are so looking forward to the rich crowds.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

LOL@Fans

Unfortunately, South Africa does have a refugee crisis - and these refugees are not viewed kindly by certain sections of the population as they are seen to be taking scarce resources.

It's a big problem - SA is seen as an incredibly rich country by a lot of other countries (Zim, Mozambique, Malawi etc) - they come here illegally, try get work in order to send money and food back to relatives back home.

The ones that cannot get work, inevitably drift into what I call Survival Crime - it's a vicious cycle.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
www.iol.co.za...

Check this out... she survived but I was shocked to see how quickly they operate. Less than 1 min and your life is over.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

After watching this i cant understand why people still believ this country isn't dangerous.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by halfmanhalfamazing]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join