It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

South Africa might be dangerous in certain conditions

page: 2
6
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by andy1033
 


A shame the Dutch were the first to settle in South Africa - 100 years before the British gained the Cape Colony.


Its the english that made your country into the hell it is today. Just always remember how much they did to you.

I think for all of south africa it will be good, but having a poor team may dampen things, as the hosts normally have to do well.

The world cup needs at least 1 african side, to do well, to unite africa as a continent. Not sure if africa has any good sides at the mo though.




posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing
 


Your point is for people to stay away from the World Cup because 1. we are all rascists (blacks and whites) 2. there may be a threat of bombs

You are succumbing to 1. generalization/stereotyping 2. FEAR.

The main aim of Terrorism is to create Fear, paranoia ... being to afraid to leave home, and making a country unstable/ungovernable.



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
reply to post by Common Good
 


That is sad, really sad. If you actually came here and saw for yourself, you might be amazed.

There not bombs and shooting in the streets ... with riots and rapes for dessert!
There is CRIME. Yes, too much - but the average person is safe if they take normal precautions. Just as they must do in any city in any part of the world.

I went to Nigeria, despite people telling me how bad it was. And I had some experiences but I was safe. I went to the USA despite my reservations about choking on contrails, being brainwashed, killed by the mafia, or a serial killer, dying of cholestrol from all the Fast Food, arrested by Homeland Security etc.

All I am saying is that any country has it's dangers. Most are manageable simply by using common sense.



What???

Go compare that to the rest of the world

www.politicsweb.co.za...

www.nationmaster.com...


I wonder why???



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101
 


I suppose that what you are trying to say is that there are no "poor whites" in South Africa either and that there never were while the whites were in power?
You are a racist through and through and no matter what is said you will TRY and justify yourself and your racist attitude!
You should go and live in Orania, with that White Supremacist in his Khaki clothes and his dark mind!

[edit on 27/10/09 by wiser3]



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing
 


People talk about there crime stats all over the world. Everywhere is unsafe as long as humans exist.



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3
 





And I suppose you would prefer it if Nelson Mandela were still sitting on Robben Island! He is more educated, more dignified, more of everything than you will ever be! You are exactly the type of white person that is the cause of all the crap! ps. I am WHITE!


No, I wish Jacob Zuma was siting on Robben Island.

FYI, I respect Nelson Mandela and what he has done for this country, just not the people taking advantage of his good deeds. He was a great man, and they are tarnishing his image! I have problem with the current state of government taking advantage.

But because I do not agree with the government, I am racist!!! I also don't agree with Bush, what does that make me? He is white.
PS. Where do you live?



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing
 


Your point is for people to stay away from the World Cup because 1. we are all rascists (blacks and whites) 2. there may be a threat of bombs

You are succumbing to 1. generalization/stereotyping 2. FEAR.

The main aim of Terrorism is to create Fear, paranoia ... being to afraid to leave home, and making a country unstable/ungovernable.


Oh I thought the main aim of terrorism was to kill people...my bad.
Well yeah you pretty much summed it up... ussually terrorist threats, bombs, rascist's etc would keep any logical person away but hey... seems all logic has gone out the door.


Pleas point out where I said "We are ALL rascist???




posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101
 


Then you should'nt have said "since the ANC have been in power"

What exactly does where I live have to do with it?



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
now-days all news here about South Africa is crime, crime and more crime, corruption & incompetence...seems like rainbow nation is dead and heading where zimbabwe is!



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
There are nothing racist about jinx880101 comments.

The ANC is not exactly democratic, something their own supporters have commented on. Regional governments have seen their power limited and centralised by the ANC.



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3
 





I suppose that what you are trying to say is that there are no "poor whites" in South Africa either and that there never were while the whites were in power? You are a racist through and through and no matter what is said you will TRY and justify yourself and your racist attitude! You should go and live in Orania, with that White Supremacist in his Khaki clothes and his dark mind!


Wow! You really are wiser! Don't judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes. No matter what you say, I know I treat blacks with respect, I am friendly I make an effort to have conversations with them, and have many black friends, who too hate our government! So call them racist against their own kind why don't you... Just because I despise our government, you call me a racist! Please, It angers me that they say, IT'S OUR TURN NOW..BLAH,BLAH,BLAH. They are just continuing the hate circle, go call those blacks in the op racist please, at least then you will be fair!



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Hi Guys

I cant believe how those idiots talking [snip] about my beautiful country, They are bitching about simple racist remarks on a newspaper. I am a Black south African and I am not taking sides and I am not a racist either, but what about 10 years back when the white man made us:
- Carry ID's everywhere we went or you get arrested on the spot if you don't have it.
- Used to torture black people just for being black
- Not permitted to walk on the pavement.
- Not permitted to have a decent job or have money.
- Not permitted inside libraries and public areas like museums.

I lost both my parents due to real racism, not because of some useless remarks on some site
This [snip] (*member name removed*) hates to see South Africa progressing and should read about SA history before talking [snip] like that online. Peace...

[edit on 27-10-2009 by SALover]


Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by 12m8keall2c]



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Perhaps it's time for some self-examination?

You are doing a lot of harm to South Africa and what we are trying to do for the 2010 World Cup by going around saying “don’t go to the World Cup!”.

I don't care about soccer, or rugby or pretty much anything where a bunch of men are running around trying to get hold of a ball.

BUT it's up to US - the regular Joes that have contact with the other International regular Joes that should be giving an honest view of South Africa. Not just point at the negative issues and shout at the world "Look! Don't come!". The World Cup promises economic growth for the country, which means that every South African will be influenced one way or the other - be it by something small like the fuel price going down, or something bigger where you can make millions. If YOU tell people to stay away, then you are simply shooting yourself in the foot.

You are providing a skewed image of the political situation in the country. Yes, Julius Malema is a complete idiot and out to destroy the country. But unlike popular believe the country and its politics doesn't revolve around his stupidity.

Yes, there is racism – and it’s a dead horse that’s being ridden by both sides to the bone. Everywhere in the world. Move on.

Why don't you provide BOTH sides of the story? If we take your methodology we can give a load of Ku Klux Klan-related quotes, and say "Don't go to the USA, because it's racist!". Or tell everyone about the black gangs running the crime statistics to the sky and say "Don't go to the USA, because it's overrun by gangs".

Tell a neutral story. Show the good with the bad. It's for your own well being in the end.

My International friends - don't hesitate to visit South Africa. You don't know what you're missing.



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SALover
 




I cant believe how those idiots talking [snip] about my beautiful country, They are bitching about simple racist remarks on a newspaper. I am a Black south African and I am not taking sides and I am not a racist either, but what about 10 years back when the white man made us: - Carry ID's everywhere we went or you get arrested on the spot if you don't have it. - Used to torture black people just for being black - Not permitted to walk on the pavement. - Not permitted to have a decent job or have money. - Not permitted inside libraries and public areas like museums. I lost both my parents due to real racism, not because of some useless remarks on some site This [snip] (*member name removed*) hates to see South Africa progressing and should read about SA history before talking [snip] like that online. Peace...


If you watch the news, you will see it's the blacks talking mostly about the crime statistics for 2010. And this is what pisses me off- Our generation did not do all those things to your generation, but your parents won't let you forget and you won't let your children forget, and so this will go on and on and on..Please!




[mod note: edited quote to remove censor circumventions]

[edit on 27-10-2009 by 12m8keall2c]



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing
 


I am still waiting to hear when this incident that you so willingly use to make to make your point happened? It was over a year ago wasn't it, possibly even two years ago? They were varsity students if I remember correctly? From the Orange Free State (or whatever it's called now), the most racist of the South African provinces!!!

Black or White, if you were born in Africa you are AFRICAN!

Racism, black on white or white on black is just NOT COOL and is not going to get anyone anywhere!



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I have changed the title of the thread. You are welcome to come to South Africa... its truly beautiful here, there are beautiful mountains and great people, and I hope that all these people that made these rascist comments on IOL leave. Just be aware that there are a couple of rascists and that a couple of people get murdered, raped etc each day... sorry for telling the truth.



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing
 


I am still waiting to hear when this incident that you so willingly use to make to make your point happened? It was over a year ago wasn't it, possibly even two years ago? They were varsity students if I remember correctly? From the Orange Free State (or whatever it's called now), the most racist of the South African provinces!!!

Black or White, if you were born in Africa you are AFRICAN!

Racism, black on white or white on black is just NOT COOL and is not going to get anyone anywhere!


Go read the article...



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3
 





Then you should'nt have said "since the ANC have been in power" What exactly does where I live have to do with it?


Well since Thabo Mbeki, and the worst- Jacob Zuma. Happy?

Because if you don't experience this every day, you cannot possibly call me a racist! People who come from overseas to visit SA have had conversations with me about how they perceived 'whites against blacks' in SA while in another country. Once they have spent some time here, they feel the same way we do, and it's clear that reversed racism is rampant here.

Say what you want. It doesn't phase me...I deal with worse things daily.



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing
 


I don't need to "read the article" I watched it being reported on the news and on "Carte Blanche" when it happened, I want you to tell everyone that reads this thread , who isn't going to waste their time by first reading the article that you quote, before they make up their minds that South Africa is "too dangerous" That article is OLD NEWS and you should not have used it to make your point!



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Perhaps it's time for some self-examination?

You are doing a lot of harm to South Africa and what we are trying to do for the 2010 World Cup by going around saying “don’t go to the World Cup!”.

I don't care about soccer, or rugby or pretty much anything where a bunch of men are running around trying to get hold of a ball.

BUT it's up to US - the regular Joes that have contact with the other International regular Joes that should be giving an honest view of South Africa. Not just point at the negative issues and shout at the world "Look! Don't come!". The World Cup promises economic growth for the country, which means that every South African will be influenced one way or the other - be it by something small like the fuel price going down, or something bigger where you can make millions. If YOU tell people to stay away, then you are simply shooting yourself in the foot.

You are providing a skewed image of the political situation in the country. Yes, Julius Malema is a complete idiot and out to destroy the country. But unlike popular believe the country and its politics doesn't revolve around his stupidity.

Yes, there is racism – and it’s a dead horse that’s being ridden by both sides to the bone. Everywhere in the world. Move on.

Why don't you provide BOTH sides of the story? If we take your methodology we can give a load of Ku Klux Klan-related quotes, and say "Don't go to the USA, because it's racist!". Or tell everyone about the black gangs running the crime statistics to the sky and say "Don't go to the USA, because it's overrun by gangs".

Tell a neutral story. Show the good with the bad. It's for your own well being in the end.

My International friends - don't hesitate to visit South Africa. You don't know what you're missing.


The reason for this thread was to point out to people that South Africa is not the "Rainbow Nation" everyone thinks it is. Crime stats have not gone down, racism has increased and political members are being allowed to publicly label people as rascist's. It might happen all over the world, but I live in South Africa and we should not allow it.



new topics

top topics



 
6
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join