It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Chandryaan 1 Photographed cigar like UFO at the Damoieasu crater?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt

It looks like it's a disc shaped object moving SE, and due to the camera is leaving a motion blur behind it.

This seems more plausible than the idea of the artifact being cigar-shaped.

Not really. It doesn't look like either. A prosaic explanation fits better than a fantasy-prone one.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

Okay Ed so you think this photo might even be the full picture?. hmmm I had that same thought when i looked at the top left. but didn't know for sure. About the crater why then did they call this crater the damoieasu crater?

Here is what I found. I tried finding the crater you featured by copying the title above the photo. But you notice that the title is truncated? So I used up to Cra and eventually found a website for Chandrayaan images:
www.isro.org...
Home >Images of Moon from Chandrayaan-1 This webpage shows your photo plus others. The first photo is your photo: (HySI on Chandrayaan-1: Crater Damoieasu) - www.isro.org...

And, sure enough, it says Damoieasu. I found your photo in full but when one clicks on the crater photo one gets the full photo but in a small rectangle. When you click on the photo in the rectangle one gets a blowup of the crater but within the rectangle and you can move left and right and up and down to see the whole thing.

Below your photo is a group of 6 images of the crater: HySI on Chandrayaan-1: Crater Damoieasu E - Principal components -
www.isro.org... But the quality of these 6 images when you click on them is useless.

Then I realized one thing, the name is misspelled! I was talking about Damoiseau and the Chandrayaan spelling is Damoieasu. Such a crater doesn't exist!

Google Images even asked me: "Did you mean: Damoiseau"

So someone at isro.org has made a genuine mistake in naming this now-unknown crater!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

thanks...

looool.... maybe its a container... idk.... megalith from old earth?

ufo

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Below your photo is a group of 6 images of the crater: HySI on Chandrayaan-1: Crater Damoieasu E - Principal components - www.isro.org... But the quality of these 6 images when you click on them is useless.

I know I took the photo's directly from this site.

Then I realized one thing, the name is misspelled! I was talking about Damoiseau and the Chandrayaan spelling is Damoieasu. Such a crater doesn't exist!

Strange...

Google Images even asked me: "Did you mean: Damoiseau" So someone at isro.org has made a genuine mistake in naming this now-unknown crater!

Thats stupid..but it couldn't be the other thing around

[edit on 11/02/2007 by 0bserver1]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

See this link for info on who and why crater Damoiseau was named:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I don't know guys, it is angled at the same angle as the other "Natural" marking on the walls of the depression. Why would a bloody UFO be rolling down a hill of doom head first?
Why not levitate in the usual "level" fashion?

Unless it is a retarded cigar with wheels, good breaks and a drunken crew -

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

This is a good mystery and I couldn't go to sleep until I made an attempt at finding out what's going on so I wrote to the website's Feedback link. For your info, here is what I said:
-------------------
Hello: I am a lunar researcher and I am having a discourse with other lunar researchers about what seems to be an inconsistency on your website: www.isro.org...

On your website you feature a photo of a crater imaged by Chandrayaan:
HySI on Chandrayaan-1: Crater Damoieasu

Is Crater Damoieasu a new crater, and newly-named by your organization?

Are you aware that there is a similarly-named crater: Daimoseau (see below for more info)?

A search on google.com for your crater name brings up only 10 English pages indicating there is not much information about it. As a matter of fact, on google.com it asks: Did you mean: Crater Damoiseau

A search for Crater Damoiseau on google.com brings up 3,610 results.

Below I include information on who Crater Damoiseau was named after and I also include a link to a black and white photo of the crater taken in the mid-1960s.

I will appreciate your reply.

Cordially,

[snip]

Damoiseau is a lunar crater that is located just to the west of the Oceanus Procellarum, in the western part of the Moon's near side. It lies due east of the prominent crater Grimaldi, a walled plain with a distinctive dark floor. Due south of Damoiseau is the crater Sirsalis.

Baron Marie-Charles-Théodore de Damoiseau de Montfort (April 6, 1768 in Besançon. – August 6, 1846) was a French astronomer.

He is best known for publishing lunar tables (positions of the Moon) between 1824–1828.

The crater Damoiseau on the Moon is named after him.
www.lpod.org...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

On your website you feature a photo of a crater imaged by Chandrayaan: HySI on Chandrayaan-1: Crater Damoieasu Is Crater Damoieasu a new crater, and newly-named by your organization? Are you aware that there is a similarly-named crater: Daimoseau (see below for more info)? A search on google.com for your crater name brings up only 10 English pages indicating there is not much information about it. As a matter of fact, on google.com it asks: Did you mean: Crater Damoiseau A search for Crater Damoiseau on google.com brings up 3,610 results. Below I include information on who Crater Damoiseau was named after and I also include a link to a black and white photo of the crater taken in the mid-1960s. I will appreciate your reply. Cordially,

You only forgot to ask whats that UFO looking thing in the photograph..

No You did a great job ,and If I could i would also flag you for that
.. Well Ill hope they replied your call.?

Now you make me curious..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join