It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buttcrack illegal??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - A Louisiana legislator wants to make it illegal for people in the state to wear low-slung pants that expose underwear - or more.

The bill, sponsored by Democrat Derrick Shepherd, would make it a crime to wear clothing in public that "intentionally exposes undergarments or intentionally exposes any portion of the pubic hair, cleft of the buttocks or genitals." In recent years many young men have begun wearing belted jeans several sizes too big, exposing a sizable swath of their boxer shorts, as a fashion statement. Women too have been pushing the boundaries with increasingly lower hip-hugger jeans.

-copy-and-paste-removed-

What a joke! I always knew crack was illegal. But I didnt know buttcrack was. Oh well, I guess what they say is true. Crack kills.

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
1. Please cite sources and do not copy/paste entire news articles.
Link to story

2. This has been covered already:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
1. Please cite sources and do not copy/paste entire news articles.
Link to story

2. This has been covered already:

Oops, sorry B.!!!

*runs and hides*

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
IMHO it is very distasteful to wear clothing that exposes more than you would want your grandmother to see. I believe that there should be some standard of decency to adhere too. I personally do not like to see other people's underwear in public. I don't think the bill would stick, but I don't want a fashion police doggin the malls and such.

regs out...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
They'll have every girl and construction worker against them if they pass that bill

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Just so you know, I'm a girl and, aside from the fact that I don't think it will stick, and I don't want a fashion police, I would like to see a reinstatement of moral value's and decency.

regs out...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by regs
Just so you know, I'm a girl and, aside from the fact that I don't think it will stick, and I don't want a fashion police, I would like to see a reinstatement of moral value's and decency.

regs out...

People all seem to have a different opinion on whats moral and decent though. I think people should be able to wear whatever they want, (as long as theyre wearing something). This is America!!

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well, moral value's and decency isn't something thats supposed to be a part of law, but a part of human behaviour.

There are several factors that make moral value's and decency be at a low standard these days, but its not because someone like to show their underwear or wear a shirt wich shows cleavage imho.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
But, when the clothing that is being worn is so low or high as to be offensive, then it crosses the decency line. Peoples freedom to wear whatever they want should stop at the line where it affects others. I don't want my daughter seeing someones boxers cause their pant's are hanging down to their crotch. I don't want her seeing the lady in the grochery store's cleavage. I think that is indecent exposure.

regs out...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The demonization of nudity is something caused by modern religion ya know, mainly the jewish and christian flavours.

In greek times, society was at levels of sophistication and serenity that makes current civilization and lifestyle feel uncivilized imho. Yet wimen ran around in shirts with bare breasts and homosexuality was a normal part of sexuality.

In afrika, pre columbian america and asia, noone ever had a problem with nudity. Noone saw something sexual, perverted or wrong about it.

We are born nude, most of the human timeline, we spent completely nude.

Nudity has nothing to do with decency. Its natural. Its the people that have a problem with it that are out of touch with their true morals imho.

Morals and decency have nothing to do with the way a person dresses or has sexual experiences.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If I see anyone dressed immorally I'll shoot them! Since we all know that a little nudity is much worse then brutal violence. It's the right to bare arms, not nipples!

Also is there a secret vendeta against plumbers...when I think of buttcracks I think of plumbers.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
lol snaz.

maybe I should start a thread about this conspiracy against plumbers. I mean, someones gotta warn the poor guys.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
The demonization of nudity is something caused by modern religion ya know, mainly the jewish and christian flavours.

In greek times, society was at levels of sophistication and serenity that makes current civilization and lifestyle feel uncivilized imho. Yet wimen ran around in shirts with bare breasts and homosexuality was a normal part of sexuality.

In afrika, pre columbian america and asia, noone ever had a problem with nudity. Noone saw something sexual, perverted or wrong about it.

We are born nude, most of the human timeline, we spent completely nude.

Nudity has nothing to do with decency. Its natural. Its the people that have a problem with it that are out of touch with their true morals imho.

Morals and decency have nothing to do with the way a person dresses or has sexual experiences.

My God, I almost gave up all hope until I came across 'TheMatrix's' post here. You don't know how relieved I was to read your post man!! Good job!!

Some of the rest of you need to seriously ease up on the 'Morality Law' stuff and concentrate more on realizing your own lack of tolerance toward people who differ from yourselves. While your opinions and preferences about such things as 'Style, Culture, & Lifestyle' may carry great value to you, your praise of your own 'Egotistical Beliefs' have made you blind to your own Insignificance.

It may come as a shock, but that 'Butt-Crack, Breast, Body Hair, etc' that is so offensive, just happens to be some of the 'Universal Characteristics' that ALL People including yourself share, equally and naturally. IMO, the thought of People Drunk on their own Self-Righteousness & Hypocritical Moral Judgments of others, is far more Offensive and Immoral than even a Herd of Sagging Topless Breasts, or Crowds of Hairy Butt-Cracks or A Million Man March of Boxers riding 8 inches or more above the belt line.

It's sad to see that so much of Humanity has become completely deluded of their own self-importance to the point of forgetting their own mortality!

In other words, "Some of you Prudes need to Lighten Up, mind your business & tend to your own short comings before telling others how to live, just because it suits your skewed moral code."

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Covered, as mentioned.

new topics

top topics

join