It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you believe aliens are mingling with earthlings?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
As a skeptic I am really interested in learning why you believe that there are aliens and that they are mingling with earthlings, mostly through being abducted.

While my questions, below, are aimed at believers skeptics are welcomed but, please, be civil.

01-When did you start believing?
02-What triggered your believing?
03-What convinces you that aliens are real?
04-What convinces you that aliens are abducting humans, mostly at night?
05-What do you see as evidence that abductions are really happening?
06-Why hasn't a world leader claimed of being abducted?
07-What makes you believe that aliens are from outside of our stellar
neighborhood?
08-Do you believe that aliens could be intra-dimensional?
09-Do you want to meet an alien?
10-If you do meet an alien, how would you qualify the alien so as for you
to be sure with whom you're dealing with?
11-What kind of questions would you ask an alien?

12-Your question(s) and answer(s).

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
dont remember i was young
The Hills
Math
SOME 1st hand accounts
My gut
06-What makes you believe that aliens are from outside of our stellar
neighborhood?
How rare the sightings are
07-Do you believe that aliens could be intra-dimensional?
No
08-Do you want to meet an alien?
sure
09-If you do meet an alien, how would you qualify the alien so as for you to be sure with whom you're dealing with?
I would give him my house key and direct him to the wall socket. I would ask him to unlock my wall for me and i would see what he does.
10-What kind of questions would you ask an alien?
I would ask him some real cliche question like "if you were to meet a human would would you ask him".

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

Its difficult to answer questions that are positively biased to those who believe. I would have liked to see a set of question for people that don't believe in aliens.

I believe it is extremely unlikely aliens are here right now

N/A

I guess there must be some somewhere in the universe just not here

Nothing, if they are not here there can't be abductions

None, if they are not here there can't be abductions

Because they haven't, if they are not here there cant be abductions

neighborhood?

Unlikely

Not particularly

I don't think aliens would speak our language they may not speak

Superfluous question for me

Sorry that was the best I could do with those
Cheers
MJ2

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

so...the first thing you do when you meet an alien is get it to electrocute itself?

i like the way you think

[edit on 27-10-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

yeah it was a toss up between the locked wall socket, the garbage disposal hand massage or showing him how to opperate the bathtub toaster.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

01 - When did you start believing?
About 20 years ago when I saw a photo that triggered a reaction and a memory.
02 - See above.
Meeting them.
Research.
My experiences and other people's experiences - what they have in common.
06-What makes you believe that aliens are from outside of our stellar neighborhood?
Some are, some aren't.
07-Do you believe aliens could be intra-dimensional.
Some possibly could. Though I tend to believe inter-dimentional.
08-Do you want to meet an alien?
Moot point. But I prefer to call them ET's. Sigourney Weaver's movie comes to mind when you say 'alien'. Not my experience at all.
09-How to qualify them?
Your intuition knows automatically. When faced with a being, you 'll either feel fear or love. Friendlies radiate love and friendship. You'll feel it. Unfriendlies thrive on the fear vibe. You'll feel that too.
10-What would I ask him?
I'd have to have conscious access to my subconscious mind to answer that one. All I can recall is personal information being shared. You're given only what you can handle.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
It is very simple why I believe there are "aliens" mingling with earthlings. I am an earthling, I know myself and understand myself. There are other creatures here that, although look like I do, I do not understand thus I can't relate them with the earthling idea that makes me and that I know so well.

1. I started believing after I met an alien (or a creature that I couldn't understand)

2. My believing was triggered by the incredible feat that the alien did which I could not comprehend and drained my total attention being manifested in strong anxiety or even anger.

3. Seeing one, feeling one, smelling one and all of that plus all the ideas and emotions that is created in me because of their existence. That convinces me they are real.

4. Well, aliens abduct earthlings just because earthlings are scared at them. And they do it at night because they know that most people are scared of what exists but cannot be seen thus preferring to act at night when its all dark and not much can be seen, thats when most humans are most scared.

5. What I see as evidence that abductions are happening is how there are earthlings completely traumatized acting unconsciously because of how scared they got by the aliens (which tried as hard as they could to be scary).

6. No world leader has claimed being abducted because most of them are aliens or have been abducted so many times that their memories and feelings just went away becoming simple biological machines working for a greater mind.

7. Well, they are so different and so incomprehensible to me that they just have to be from some place very very far away. And well, aliens are aliens, they are superior and can use their time to scare people just for fun, I wouldn't doubt that they are everywhere.

8. Oh yes, totally. As said above, aliens are everywhere.

9. Part of me which is proud and hopeful would like to meet an alien but the other part is completely terrified of aliens, specially because they like to be so scary.

10. Like any other alien he just needs to do something weird and take me from my common place of rationale. If he evokes weird thoughts or feelings from me he is definitely alien!

11. What? Ask something to an alien? I can hardly face one, my reason doesn't allow me to pay attention to it, its way too weird and scares the f*ck out of me just for making me think of it and be a little weird like it is.

*Disclosure: In reality I'm a silly alien pretending to be a smart earthling. Why am I posting all this cr#p? Because I hope that some earthlings will be able to crack the code.*

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
i remember them from when i was small, and that's why i believe. from experience.
i met some. i'm quite sure of it. because they arrived in a craft that came down from the #ing sky. told me they came from a different world. they were humans , but taller and more beautiful. saw them land in a field. spoke with them. i remember fragments of my meeting with them. though the memories were from when i was small. so long ago. i saw the craft. looked up the ladder into it. perhaps it was an experience i should make my own thread about. i believe they are real because i have met a few of them. and they could pass for you and I. so much like us they look. though i met some it was connected to this thing with stars; not stars as in becoming famous . stars as in travelling them. not famous as in the rem song you're gonna be a star. if i am lying may i never write another song again. i'm not lying. because i would die if i could never write another song.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Why do I believe some other unearthly life form is mingling or medling with us? I'm pretty sure I saw them doing it.....

Unless I had a picture it's pointless to discuss. However my wife saw this event also

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
While my questions, below, are aimed at believers skeptics are welcomed but, please, be civil.

- Close Encounters of the 3rd kind.

- Drakes Equation

- It would just be stupid to do it during the day.

- Bud Hopkins Research

- Would you count a world leader's wife?

neighborhood?

- Who would want humans for neighbors?

- No, but they might be inter-dimensional.

- What, and get abducted!?

- I would look for at least one antenna coming out of their head.

- What kind of reception do you get on that antenna?

Question - What kind of reception do you get on that antena?
Answer - A good one.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I started believing when I initially began to immerse myself in the topic of extraterrestrials a few or so years ago. I had always been interested in the subject when i was young, but up until recently had only read and heard a narrow range of in depth information.
I was reading books about remote viewing and channeling etc and got caught on this concept that I kept hearing about ETs actually mingling incognito among Earth's societies.. It's still an idea that intrigues me immensely.

I guess I possess no substantial, tangible proof that 'aliens' exist or actually are walking around on this Earth (nor does anyone else for that matter). I just get the feeling that some people are born to follow different paths - some become accountants, others become astronauts. Neither is right or wrong, or good or bad, it's just the way it is. And despite all of the disagreements between opposing factions, we need each other to bounce ideas off and to learn from. What I mean by all this is, I have been caught up with these out-of-this-world stories of ETs and myths etc since I can remember, I just get the feeling that this is part of my 'calling', because I feel so strongly about. So, in other words, it's not really a question of believing or not believing, it's about just learning as much as you can, and not necessarily taking any sides. So, in answering your question, nothing 'convinces' me that they exist. It's just a feeling that has always been there.

I guess the one indicator that leads me to believe that these 'abductions' are actually happening, is the overwhelming amount of case evidence that has been accumulated over the decades. Not to mention the interesting information being uncovered by increasingly popular regression therapy... And it's not just people, but mutilated animals etc, apparently. Its all painting a very intriguing picture. But then again, it's important not to let your imagination run away from you. Still, one must look at the evidence that we do have, staring us blank in the face, and take it for what it is - an overwhelming indicator that something 'else' is going on here..

I'm sure there have been some high up geezers who have claimed to have been abducted at some stage.. but mostly, I think it's a touchy subject for them to discuss prolly because they're involved in an alliance of some description with outer space beings... I could be wrong on that one
It seems to be a general consensus around these here parts.. Again, considering information that I've gathered from a range of sources in my time researching this topic, it would certainly seem to be plausible, if you exercised an open mind..

I do believe that ETs could be intra-dimensional, as you put it, but I think that the chief reason behind a general belief in their interstellar origins is due to initial and ongoing reports into abductions cases, channelings, remote viewings etc etc, as well as imposed mass media concept - books, tv, movies etc. For many people, they're just becoming routined with the 'outer space' concept and so 'intra-dimensions' are perhaps a bit over many of the general populace's heads for the moment... It does my head in if I think about this possibility for any extended period of time - it's prolly still a bit over my head, to be honest...

You know, just through reading about random-Joes' spontaneous meetings with these ET folk is enough for me to consider making it happen myself. Really, very interesting, but sometimes I doubt whether there would be many located in or around where I am located
Plus I'd prolly be a bit 'star-struck' at first, wouldn't know what to say.. But sure, when the time is right, I would love to meet one

Like I said, I prolly wouldn't know what to say at first, maybe ask a few questions in my mind, asking for them to indicate their realness.. Maybe then I'd ask them what I should ask.. what they want me to know, or something.. not very well planned out at this stage but, it's in progress

Hope I divulged some interesting perspective here. Thanks for taking the time to make this thread and ask these questions. It's been interesting for me too

Kind Regards

P.S. I guess my reasoning behind why ETs might be here on Earth comes down to my 'belief' that things are not always as we see them, and there may have always been ET races operating within close proximity of us and this planet since forever and we've just never realised it. And perhaps only now are we, as a collective consciousness, coming into some awareness of this 'concept'.. This could have something to do with the positioning of our planet in the solar system, but I'm not sure. Regardless, there probably exist countless races of beings beyond this planet - some perhaps even operating right here, right now, maybe since before we inhabited this place, and I think that, just because we are not aware of something or cannot see it with our own eyes before us, does not mean that it doesn't exist at all.

[edit on 27/10/09 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

wtf do you have the same avatar as cmdraleon?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
--- Hard to say exactly, maybe 15yrs ago or so... and "believe" is a strong word, I prefer to say that I accept that they may exist.

--- Anecdotal evidence, stories, reports. No real personal experiences, though I did once see lights in the night sky that to this day I still can't explain.

--- Not convinced, but I think they are, the universe is huge and contains more than we can think of at this time.

--- Not convinced, but if they are here then I wouldn't doubt out, we do it to other species, why wouldn't they?

--- Haven't seen much "evidence" but I do give credence to personal stories from credible people, and hypnosis to back it up helps.

--- Not sure, fear of ridicule perhaps? Maybe none have been abducted, perhaps it was a willful interaction on both parts.

neighborhood?
--- depends on your definition of "stellar neighborhood" I'm not sure where they would be from but I would assume a close star system.

--- Sure why not, if there are other dimensions then I'm sure there would be life there.

--- Ya it would be cool, as long as I didn't get probed.

--- If you mean how would I determine that they're an alien, I would assume looks would do... If they looked like you and me then I'd require them to show me their spaceship.

--- Philosophy, Technology, Physics, Death, God, Time Travel

--- To many questions to really post them, and I wouldn't know the answers till they gave them to me.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by XTexan]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I was very young. It never struck me as a case of 'belief' rather, the finding of clues to something already established as fact.

As above. I recall sky-watching at an early age, or hunting around the garden for signs of things that had frightened me the day before.

Experiences, at first. Then research.

Personal experiences, reminiscent of a certain scene in Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Later, research. As for the reasoning of why abductions mostly occur at night, I think that beyond the obvious answer of stealth lies as many possible reasons as there are possible origins for this phenomenon.

First hand testimony can be very important and revealing. I stick to cases that avoid regression techniques and of course, the integrity of the sources is of vital consideration. After that it becomes statistical.
I'm also from the Ancient Contact school of thought, with all the baggage that entails.

They may have been, but I believe that most fringe topics (especially those dealing with non-human intelligences) are the new taboos of the modern world. Nobody likes to feel stupid and claiming that one has any real interest in subjects like this makes one vulnerable to the ridicule of the status quo, who pride themselves in material rationalism.
If you are in politics, one should enforce, not break social norms. Ones livelyhood depends on it.

neighborhood?
I'm not convinced of any theory concerning the non-human intelligences. They could be extra terrestrial, inter terrestrial, tulpas, time travelers, extra dimensional, spiritual, elements of the Universal Subconscious, none of the above or all of the above. The effects of their contact however is (in my mind) indisputable. I also believe that whoever 'they' are, they are able to manipulate our senses and emotions like silly putty. This makes me suspicious of any "final answers" even from abductees who fit my criteria of "not likely to be insane or hoaxing".

Possibly. I suspect our view of space-time and parallel dimensions may be immature.

It is entirely within the realm of possibility that we all meet aliens, every day.
But yes, I would like to meet a 'plain as day' non-human intelligence who would like to converse.

Unusual body shape would be a good start. Demonstration of inhuman technology would be the seller.

Mainly questions of civilization and contact between different races. This might shine some light into how they see humans and what their intentions were/are. And of course, the big one: "Can I spend some time at your education centers?"

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Unresponsible]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

When I started to rationally think.There is no way we are the only beings in the universe.

Reading thousands upon thousands of accounts with craft and their occupants by ordinary people around the world.

There are historical accounts of strange creatures that came down from the sky or lived in the sky in virtually every civilization on earth.

Not convinced of that aspect but SOMETHING is triggering these memories in people.

I have none only peoples statements.

Are you serious? How long would he stay in power if he did.
There are a few that I wish they would be.

07-What makes you believe that aliens are from outside of our stellar neighborhood?

They could be right here in the neighborhood.Mars or Venus?

I believe they may use inter dimensional craft. Would sure cut down the travel time.

Only one of the Nordic chicks.I heard they were hot!

10-If you do meet an alien, how would you qualify the alien so as for you to be sure with whom you're dealing with?

Ask them the time. Aliens would not have a knowledge of our earth based 24 hour time system.

Do they have hermaphodites on their planets.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Oh..I guess it was about 1952-3. I was about 5-6 years old when the "little green men from Mars flap" occurred. My dad told me every one of the stars in the sky was a sun like ours.. my immediate response was "there must be a lot of people out there"

See answer #1

That would be aliens that visit here. Just too much historical evidence in the form of descriptions by ancients describing obvious visitations, cave drawings, obvious space vehicles in centuries old artwork, comments by our own astronauts.. Its just impossible not to believe..that is unless your personal reality would be too intimidated by acceptance.

Not 100% convinced...however it is difficult to refute the "implants",retrieved from "abductees", which apparently are sophisticated devices not possible to fabricate here.

See #4

Good question...but who would want one of the arrogant dumbasses?

neighborhood?

We don't know everything there is to know about space travel..

Possibly.. and could be the reason they showed up when we started setting off atomic bombs...Still not sure they didn't say "stop above ground testing or we will fry your ass"

Absolutely

Non human... or extremely "advanced" human appearance.

A. What is the key to zero point energy..and would you please give it to everyone so it eliminates the possibility of fighting over it.

B. Can you take me someplace sane?.. I am tired of these idiots on Earth who want to live in a constant state of war.

C. Failing the above.. Can you take Obama, Putin, Kim Jung wierdball, and about a dozen others whose name I can't remember or spell.. and drop the m off someplace where they won't screw anything else up here?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Genesis 6:2
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by StopComplaining]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
1-After my entire faimly and i see a giant ufo fly over our house when i was ten years old.

2-The same event.

3-i Have been commnicating with aliens for the past 18 years using telepathy.

4-The aliens told me.

5-The main evidence are the surgical marks ,implants and memories left behind with the abductees.

6-World leaders have been replaced with aliens walkin imposters.They will stay quite about aliens and abductions.

7-Well i beleive they are from space but they have been on earth for millions of years.

8-Possible

9-Already have.

10-I will already know them.

11-I would ask them if they would give me my daughter learna or give me command of a thunderlord medium crusier.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join