It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion could be remembered as genocide.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Nevermind. I decided to keep my personal feelings out of this. Its OT anyway.

Back on topic, I do hope that there isn't an overload of conservatives in a few generations. Oy vey. Censored internet, censored TV, Gays/Lesbians completely unaccepted.

I agree with Kyo - not a world I'd be very excited about.

[edit on 29/10/09 by Morbo the Annihilator]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Could be killing the next Hitler as well, fact is you don't know, aborting the pregnancy of one child might result in millions of people surviving.

It's a choice, and not an easy one. I don't blame people for making a different decision as I did. Sometimes parenthood is not for some people.

Why not give that baby Hitler a chance? People don't turn into Hitlers for no reason, it's mostly a product of their environment. It's what they see.

Just see what happens to kids born to parents who condones abortion... Of course, there will always be exceptions to the rule but usually, very rare.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

no winning with you on this issue eh? No freedom of choice for you?

Course I am also for the death penalty, suppose your against that as well?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

No freedom of choice for you?

Children killed in abortions didn't have a freedom of choice either.

I know they can't talk, but they can communicate with body language... I guess I've said most of the reasons I believe why abortion is unjustified in most situations. I know it's not yet in the laws. And I have to say what I think, otherwise, all of you would be agreeing on roughly the same thing and not learning much.. Peace!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk
And I have to say what I think, otherwise, all of you would be agreeing on roughly the same thing and not learning much.. Peace!

You do realize that you completely derailed this thread in the first place. The OP said SEVERAL TIMES that they did not want this to be a Pro/Anti abortion thread. But you made it one anyway by posting judgemental comments about those who have to choose abortion due to unpredictable circumstances. What exactly do you think you're teaching by derailing a thread and judging others?

Yeah, I've learned alot from this thread, but it's probably not what you were intending..

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I also wanted to add for the OP that this actually came up a few years ago with a friend. I was living in SF and Mark Morford of the SF Chronicle wrote an article where he said he would pay a liberal couple to have children as long as they would pass on their progressive beliefs. I had to chuckle. Apparently you're not the first to ask about the future population of the "left"

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Wow very harsh on people whose situations you could never understand as to why they had to have one and how they felt afterwards. You are cold hearted yourself for judging others on the choices that you couldnt even imagine.

I could agree with victims of abuse and if it will endanger the mother, then abortion could be justified but any other situations are avoidable - abortion in such case would simply be seen as murdering another life just to escape responsibility... Like having accidental pregnancy with your boyfriend and had to abort the kid to not disappoint your parents and friends...

It's no different than other criminals who need to murder someone to cover up his/her crime and escape punishment.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by ahnggk]

Well so according you I am as bad as a murderer? WOW! Sorry but I got pregnant while on the pill and with protection and by a guy who was told he was unable to have kids! Believe me I went with him to his dr's and even he was surprised. I still always use protection no matter what someone says..well I got pregnant and I sure did not want a kid that is why I was on the pill and used a condom. I was not going to bring a kid into this world that I would resent like mother has me, no thank you. I didnt want kids and I still am not ready to have kids and that is why I havent had any and that is why I use two forms of protection. Sometimes things happen! I do agree that some use it as a form of birth control and get them like it's no big deal, that I dont agree with but you never know someones situation until you are in it.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Why not give that baby Hitler a chance? People don't turn into Hitlers for no reason, it's mostly a product of their environment. It's what they see.

You answered your own question. If Baby Hitler wasn't wanted by his parents and they had him anyway because it was the "right" thing to do and he was ignored and unloved and when he got older he became full sized Hitler, how are his parents doing anyone any favors?

Yes, children are a product of their environment. If they are UNWANTED how are they going to be raised in a healthy environment? They will be abused and ignored and turn into crappy adults.

So you're right. Everyone should be fored to have children that they don't want so we can give all "baby Hitlers" a chance. Awesome idea.

:shk:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morbo the Annihilator

You do realize that you completely derailed this thread in the first place. The OP said SEVERAL TIMES that they did not want this to be a Pro/Anti abortion thread.

I do, so I'm sorry. I tend to be a respectful person most of the times but this is definitely not most of those times...

I just can't imagine someone's 'right to live' being violated to be taken lightly enough to have a 'civilized' discussion about it of mostly pro-abortionists.

I'm pretty sure some anti-abortionists are holding themselves back from posting out of respect to the OP. I'm just not the kind of person who always does what is told... ...In the interest of offering an alternative perspective.

No freedom of choice for you?

Children killed in abortions didn't have a freedom of choice either.

Nothing against anyone and the OP, just have to deliver a message.. sorry.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
A hot topic

The mass abortions of the 20th and 21st centuries will eventually be remembered as the biggest genocides in human history, 10's of millions of the most innocent and helpless murdered, by those they were suppose to be their guardians and protectors.

These unfortunate souls have been sacrificed to the god of "I will do what I want to do" on the alter inconvenience, sacrificed for previous pleasures.

Fetus and embryo rights are the last great fight for our civilizations, but since these have no power others must fight their battles.

Since their rights appear to conflict with a woman's so-called right to choose I don't believe they will ever be recognized under the current world system of governance, but one day this will change.

Under that system pregnancy will always be a blessing and never projected as a curse of inconvenience.

World Clock

Click on deaths on the left side, then on the very bottom right corner is the abortion numbers which are over 34 Million this year, on target to be 38 million. About 1 abortion every second this year alone. Let's say the average was 30 million per year for a decade that's 300 million in just 10 years. So about a billion have been slaughtered in the last 50 years.
That is the greatest genocide in all history.
And one day world society will remember it as such, and it will be the greatest shame of this time period, and our generation.

To put it in perspective, it will be viewed the same as if a man today took a knife and stabbed a 1 year old baby that was crying to death because it's crying irritated him. Yes with horror, and be viewed as how could somebody be so callous, maniacal and cruel. People will wonder what was wrong with our generation that we did such things.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

OH please!

That was so overly dramatic it's sickening.

I am pro choice. CHOICE. it's not like billions of people are going out getting knocked up JUST to get an abortion.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

I am pro choice. CHOICE. it's not like billions of people are going out getting knocked up JUST to get an abortion.

But what about the unborn child's choice? Isn't body language good enough?

The baby can feel all the pain put on it by the hurting procedures. The particularly sound shows the baby struggling to stay alive. Abortionist doctors confess that seeing the abortion “...of the baby on the ultra sound concerned more than anything else. Women were never permitted to see the ultra sound"(Alvare, Helen, Wilson, Marle, Wolf, Naomi, 1997). Women should be permitted to see this. They ought to see the struggling of the life they are killing.

The rest of the article here:
www.writingservicescompany.com...

[edit on 30-10-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Yea, that's late term abortion. Nice try.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

OH please!

That was so overly dramatic it's sickening.

This illustrates my point perfectly as to attitude and general consensus, it sickens pro-choice people to hear the truth of this.

I am sure no women wants to get pregnant so she can get an abortion, because they cost time, money and pain usually physical and emotional.

So I will agree with you on that singular point, which is actually quite obvious.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Thank you BluJay33, that's what I was looking for. That's what COULD be in a magazine article of, say, 2040.

I know people are giving their own personal opinions. I do think abortion is a bad thing, but so are drugs, prostitution, and a lot of things that people will do whether they are legal or not, so might as well legalize it all while the population is Liberal. Life for a prostitute in Nevada is better than elsewhere because it's legal, regulated, and safer. I don't agree with it, but the PEOPLE need to decide what is right & wrong for THEIR generation.

Right now (2009) the abortion topic is split about 50-50. . . but if Conservatives continue to have more children than Liberals, the next generation will be dominated more by Conservatives, and it will be more like 65-35, and the next generation after 80-20.

It's a CYCLE, and will probably return to Liberalism again. 800 years ago, if you read Geoffrey Chaucer for example, it was VERY Liberal. . . a few hundred years later, and they're burning witches! A few hundred years after and it's Liberal again. . . . . . and I think now we have reached the peak of Liberalism for this cycle, if we haven't passed it already.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

That is the entire point! Abortions are a very personal and traumatic experience for a woman. These decisions aren't made lightly by anyone. I have debated in depth against abortion. The true fact is, it's a horrible experience for a person and so it's not a decision that is made lightly.

But it's a person's right to have control over their own body. I would not force any decision on how a person runs their own body on anyone. Its akin to demanding that every woman must get pregnant at the age of 18.

The government has no right to decide for you whether or not you have a child. To equate abortion a physically and emotionally traumatic experience to genocide is not only foolish, but it's just plain ignorant. People who commit genocide do so with literally no emotion about it. They don't care. They don't think they have done anything wrong.

Furthermore to suggest that someday in the future because conservatives outpace liberals that they will deem abortion illegal, and THEN decry that it's a genocide is ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
These unfortunate souls have been sacrificed to the god of "I will do what I want to do" on the alter inconvenience, sacrificed for previous pleasures.

Right. How incredibly close minded. So my 17 year old friend who had one because her step father repeatedly molested her was paying for her "previous pleasures". Nice. I'll tell her that. She'll be happy to hear your opinion. :shk:

Fetus and embryo rights are the last great fight for our civilizations, but since these have no power others must fight their battles.

You don't thnk animal rights are the "last great fight"? Surely the 1 billion in the last 50 years for abortions don't even CLOSELY equate to the billions of animals that are tortured for "food" each year. Okay, so if 10 BILLION animals are tortured and slaughtered EACH YEAR times the 50 years you used, then we are talking 500 BILLION or 1/2 TRILLION tortured and slaughtered animals. How is that not as big on an issue as abortion? How are their rights any less important?

And one day world society will remember it as such, and it will be the greatest shame of this time period, and our generation.

You really think our greatest shame won't be the child molesting or the murder rates? Really? You think we'll look back and say, "gosh, look at all the unwanted babies that weren't born" instead of, "wow, what a violent pople we were - robbing, raping, and killing each other. look at the wars we started."

To put it in perspective, it will be viewed the same as if a man today took a knife and stabbed a 1 year old baby that was crying to death because it's crying irritated him. Yes with horror, and be viewed as how could somebody be so callous, maniacal and cruel. People will wonder what was wrong with our generation that we did such things.

Wow. There is just so much overdramatic wording in there. How is aborting an 8 week fetus like stabbing a 1 year old baby? Really. I need to know. One doesn't even have any nerves or feeling, yet. But you equate them as the same.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

That is the entire point! Abortions are a very personal and traumatic experience for a woman. These decisions aren't made lightly by anyone. I have debated in depth against abortion. The true fact is, it's a horrible experience for a person and so it's not a decision that is made lightly.

But it's a person's right to have control over their own body. I would not force any decision on how a person runs their own body on anyone. Its akin to demanding that every woman must get pregnant at the age of 18.

The government has no right to decide for you whether or not you have a child. To equate abortion a physically and emotionally traumatic experience to genocide is not only foolish, but it's just plain ignorant. People who commit genocide do so with literally no emotion about it. They don't care. They don't think they have done anything wrong.

Furthermore to suggest that someday in the future because conservatives outpace liberals that they will deem abortion illegal, and THEN decry that it's a genocide is ridiculous.

Well said indeed.

Who am I to tell a woman what to do? Who is the government but a supposed extension of my self and others.

It is a difficult and painful decision of the Individual...period...

Thank you for putting into words what I couldn't.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Just to clarify my stance.

I am all for genocide. I really am. I wish it was me personally that was in charge of who lives and who dies.

If it were up to me personally I would gas 95% of the population of the planet tomorrow. I wouldn't shed a single tear about it. Nor would it upset me getting a nap in the afternoon.

So to equate abortion to genocide is not the same thing.

Before you say I'm heartless, no, your just using my air.

[edit on 10/30/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

whatukno - I laughed all the way through your post.

Thanks for lightening the mood in this tense thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join