It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion could be remembered as genocide.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I'm not here to argue whether abortion is right or wrong. My own personal belief is that it should be taxed heavily (4000/day in America x $5000 = $20 million per day) EXCEPT in cases where rape has been proven, or the health of the mother is in danger and she needs the abortion to survive. Those abortions done for convenience (the vast majority) should be taxed.

Now, why am I saying "Abortion could be remembered as genocide"?

Here is why:

Those having many children today are religious people (Conservative Christians & Mormons in America, for example). The Liberal non-religious don't have many children. In a generation or two, the vast majority of America will be Conservative.

At the same time, developed nations will have a big problem. There will be a desperate need for more people. Many developed countries have fertility rates too low, because people today are not having enough children. The population that remains will be Conservative, because that's who will be left, because Liberals today aren't having many children.

Is it making sense so far? good.

Now the problem of underpopulation will be blamed on the "Abortion Genocide" of the 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s. . . Think about it. If 80% of America is Conservative Christian by 2040, abortion will definitely be made illegal, and the textbooks will remember the generation (our generation) who committed the great atrocity of shedding innocent blood, millions & millions of babies killed.

I'm not claiming to be a prophet.

This might not happen, but the way things are going, it seems that it will.

There have been about 50 million abortions in America, a country of about 300 million . . . (no one can say it's insignificant) . . .

Again, I'm not arguing whether abortion or right or wrong. I'm showing how in the future it COULD be remembered as a genocide.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings

Again, I'm not arguing whether abortion or right or wrong. I'm showing how in the future it COULD be remembered as a genocide.

Maybe, in the distant future. The church is powerless to do anything about it due to too much secularization within.

Shedding of innocent blood is a form of worship to the evil gods. The same gods who would like to keep humanity in constant conflict, chaos, oppression, and ignorance.

Obviously, nobody cares about the significance of certain acts anymore. Like everyone wears an inverted cross or pentagrams not knowing its satanic nature.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Abortion? Genocide? I think you are far underestimating what Genocide is all about.

And to be blunt and frank it's fetucide. Genocide is a term when you start an ethnic cleansing campaign and start murdering off hundreds of thousands to millions of the same kind of people.

On a planet of over 6 billion people, taking some out that aren't born yet is little cause for alarm. We are far from being an endangered species.

Down the road if somehow some way we do end up being endangered, guess what? We have a year round mating cycle. That's right, we can make more people pretty quickly.

I do think part of the problem of society today is the fact that religious people are having so many children. Shesh oh Pete people, wear protection for crying out loud.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Actually the whole birth rate thing is not so much tied to a political leaning as it is the intelligence of the would-be parents. A study a while back (can't find it) suggested that in fact the higher your IQ the lower your chances of having children were (by choice of course) and that the less intelligent of the world were popping out children at amazing rates. If the numbers are correct the US is hovering just slightly over a 2.0 fertility rate so we are just barely below the required 2.1 replacement rate necessary to compensate as the older generations die out.

If America can have such a huge number of abortions and still stay that close to the target number I don't see much of any problem, if anything its a good thing because a good chunk of those having abortions (not all of course) probably are not fit to be a parent anyway and shouldn't be bringing a child into the world. Would you really want to be paying for the children of binge drinking young women who don't take the time to use birth control while hooking up with random people during college?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings
I'm not here to argue whether abortion is right or wrong. My own personal belief is that it should be taxed heavily (4000/day in America x $5000 = $20 million per day) EXCEPT in cases where rape has been proven, or the health of the mother is in danger and she needs the abortion to survive. Those abortions done for convenience (the vast majority) should be taxed.

Now, why am I saying "Abortion could be remembered as genocide"?

Here is why:

Those having many children today are religious people (Conservative Christians & Mormons in America, for example). The Liberal non-religious don't have many children. In a generation or two, the vast majority of America will be Conservative.

At the same time, developed nations will have a big problem. There will be a desperate need for more people. Many developed countries have fertility rates too low, because people today are not having enough children. The population that remains will be Conservative, because that's who will be left, because Liberals today aren't having many children.

Is it making sense so far? good.

Now the problem of underpopulation will be blamed on the "Abortion Genocide" of the 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s. . . Think about it. If 80% of America is Conservative Christian by 2040, abortion will definitely be made illegal, and the textbooks will remember the generation (our generation) who committed the great atrocity of shedding innocent blood, millions & millions of babies killed.

I'm not claiming to be a prophet.

This might not happen, but the way things are going, it seems that it will.

There have been about 50 million abortions in America, a country of about 300 million . . . (no one can say it's insignificant) . . .

Are you kidding me?? Genocide... Yeah sorry I dont see it that way. Also only religous people have a lot of kids..Are you kidding here too?? 50 million a year? Yeah ok..Sorry but what the US does DOESNT speak for the whole world. Would you care to back up all your ramblings with statistics on abortion and religion and how big their families are..

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

In fact, 20 million of the 46 million abortions performed annually worldwide occur in countries with highly restrictive abortion laws

See the word WORLDWIDE, so your figures for the US are way OFF. Also if you would do a little reading abortion rates are higher in areas where it is illegal vs where it is legal.

statistics

You might want to read that link....Its not very recent but it has great information that blows your idea out of the water. Sorry I dont mean to be rude but until you have been in a situtation like the women who have had abortions you really cant say anything about it IMO. Its not genocide and I highly doubt others later on will see it that way.

In 2005 (the most recent year for which there is reliable data), approximately 1.21 million abortions took place in the U.S., down from an estimated 1.29 million in 2002, 1.31 million in 2000 and 1.36 million in 1996. From 1973 through 2005, more than 45 million legal abortions have occurred in the U.S. (AGI).

mmm doesnt look like 50million now does it in a year? more like in 23 years! break that down that is about 2 million a year.

43% of women obtaining abortions identify themselves as Protestant, and 27% identify themselves as Catholic (AGI).

mmm didnt you say something about religious people dont really get abortions because they like big families...

statistics

You really should read up on something before you make ridiculous claims.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Also where are you getting your statistics that Conservatism is taking over? Genocide does not equal abortion and I hope and pray to the goddess we never live in a world where Christianity or ANY religion takes over law

-Kyo

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Reply to mblahnikluver:

You should have read more carefully. I never said 50 million abortions a year in America. I said about 50 million abortions in America, a country of about 300 million people. In the future, if it is considered genocide, they will look at the total number.

It was a simple misunderstanding. Your links support my statements, thanks, I should have added some and been more clear. I especially like the "unmarried women" statistics.

Reply to Helig:

It's true that America is at the replacement level, but look at where & who is having more, and who & where is having less. 2.0-2.1 is the average. You can "google" this, but places like Idaho & Utah have the most children, for example.

And, does anyone know families with 5+ kids? I do, and they are all Conservatives, mostly Christians. (But with your IQ facts, you might say Conservative Christians have lower IQ)

Reply to whatukno:

My main point was that, if Conservatives keep having more children than Liberals, eventually Conservatives (who consider abortion genocide) will out-breed the rest and will be in power.

This will take a generation or two, as I've said.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I really don't thin Conservatives will ever take over in such numbers...though again as I said if it does happen I am glad I will be gone by that time

-Kyo

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

My bad, I did read it like 3 times
I was just waking up sorry..

Yes I did see how it mentions the most are from unmarried women but I dont think it matters if you are married or not. I dont believe you should be married to have kids but that is my opinion.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Wow, this thread has suddenly gone cold...

Use birth control, if accidental pregnancy ensues, take care of baby. No need to become killer of unborn children...

Or maybe perhaps, do kill your unborn children with abortion! we don't want your cold-hearted genes spreading on this planet!

Poor kids though and poor humanity, what have we gone to

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk
Wow, this thread has suddenly gone cold...

Use birth control, if accidental pregnancy ensues, take care of baby. No need to become killer of unborn children...

Or maybe perhaps, do kill your unborn children with abortion! we don't want your cold-hearted genes spreading on this planet!

Poor kids though and poor humanity, what have we gone to

Wow very harsh on people whose situations you could never understand as to why they had to have one and how they felt afterwards. You are cold hearted yourself for judging others on the choices that you couldnt even imagine.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Sorry I just can't equate Abortion with Genocide.

Abortion is one person choosing to end the existence of a being that hasn't come into this world yet. Genocide is some mass murderer that decides to wipe out a race of people.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I believe you are tring to force your personal religious beliefs on others.

This is not acceptable.

You may certainly choose to not or have a girlfriend/wife have one.

What you may not do is try to enforce your religious belief on others.

:shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

This is also a reply to others:

If you read everything, you would know that this is not a discussion of whether abortion is right or wrong. I mentioned my personal beliefs, but my point was trying to show a trend:

1. If Conservatives have more children than Liberals, the next generation will be more Conservative.

2. Many Conservatives think abortion is genocide.

3. When these same Conservatives are in power & majority in 2040 (or whenever), they will look back and claim that the abortions of the 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, which killed over 50 million unborn babies in America, was genocide against unborn babies.

I'm trying to show what a possible future may look like, if the trend continues.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

Thank you for your explanation, seriously.

I completely disagree with you that that will happen.

I know you said "possible" future and want to acknowledge that

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Wow very harsh on people whose situations you could never understand as to why they had to have one and how they felt afterwards. You are cold hearted yourself for judging others on the choices that you couldnt even imagine.

I could agree with victims of abuse and if it will endanger the mother, then abortion could be justified but any other situations are avoidable - abortion in such case would simply be seen as murdering another life just to escape responsibility... Like having accidental pregnancy with your boyfriend and had to abort the kid to not disappoint your parents and friends...

It's no different than other criminals who need to murder someone to cover up his/her crime and escape punishment.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

I believe it's a lot different than someone covering up a crime. Shesh oh Pete. Yes kids are wonderful. I love my son dearly. But some people, the time is not right, some people find that they wouldn't be good parents. Condoms break. It's not like there are mad liberals going around getting knocked up just so they can go get an abortion.

Abortion is a very very personally traumatic experience for the woman getting one. These things aren't taken lightly by most. It's a decision that is made after a lot of consideration and not like going through the drive through at the McDonald's.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

But some people, the time is not right, some people find that they wouldn't be good parents. Condoms break

It's still life we're talking about... Who know's if you be killing the next Einstein right in your womb! We should give life a chance no matter what.

But with this kind of thinking the world has started to adopt, and if I were that kid in that womb. I'd rather be dead, why bother being born in such cruel and cold world? Why even bother making a difference to help such cold and heartless species?

So go on! Abort your kids! You be probably doing them a BIG favor

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

So go on! Abort your kids! You be probably doing them a BIG favor

Well no, when my then wife was pregnant we decided that we wanted our child and so now thanks to that decision I have a wonderful son. I never regretted that decision. I love my son and I am glad he is here.

Who know's if you be killing the next Einstein right in your womb!
Could be killing the next Hitler as well, fact is you don't know, aborting the pregnancy of one child might result in millions of people surviving.

It's a choice, and not an easy one. I don't blame people for making a different decision as I did. Sometimes parenthood is not for some people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join