It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians' Water Cut 'To A Trickle'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I have no idea what your reply had to do with my post.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Originally posted by mattpryor

All I asked for was a bit of balance.

You've read the Amnesty opinion on the situation. If you want to have a balanced and reasoned opinion of your own, read the Israeli perspective.

Balance is when you listen to two groups of opposing sides. When a neutral organization reports on an issue, you don't have the problem of unbalance because neutral organizations have no agenda.

Jpost, which clearly does have an agenda, refuting what an independent neutral organization says, is not my idea of balance.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TylerKing
reply to post by Snarf

I can honestly see why Palestine might be a little pissed.

So because Israel took back their land after the Arabs took it from them you blame Israel? The U.N. gave Israel back to the Jews because it was rightfully theirs, or are you just ignoring everything before WW ll? Roman history will clue you in or are you going to Ignore that Constantine ruled over the Jews in Israel from Rome and that he turned Christian after being responsible for allowing Jesus to be nailed to the cross.

The evil ones have tried very hard to hide these facts so dont be fooled. Egyptian history proves this as well.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I am unclear as to the arguments in this thread. Is it actually ok with some that the water was cut off? Or is the dispute whether actually happened.

An independent agency has said it has happened and an Israeli government newspaper has said it didn't it is very clear as to who is more reliable.

Now that it is settled that it has happened is it ok? Better yet lets give a hypothetical for those that say there is no proof it has happened.
Hypotheticals are reasonable we ask them all the time.

"IF Israel has cut off Palestinian water would that be ok?"

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

So because Israel took back their land after the Arabs took it from them you blame Israel? The U.N. gave Israel back to the Jews because it was rightfully theirs, or are you just ignoring everything before WW ll? Roman history will clue you in or are you going to Ignore that Constantine ruled over the Jews in Israel from Rome and that he turned Christian after being responsible for allowing Jesus to be nailed to the cross.

The evil ones have tried very hard to hide these facts so dont be fooled. Egyptian history proves this as well.

LOL, seriously? Wow, um ok, well......... see when countries two countries fight and one wins the winner gets the land. I have no problem with this it has been the outcome of war since the beginning of time. The rise of the current State of Israel was based on terrorism, greed, and lies. Check out the accusations of Jews against Zionism, they go places that most critics will not go, and it is very educational, and there are sources for their assertions. If we are going to revert to old world maps, I'm sure all the new Romans, Greeks, Indians, etc (depending on your map of course) will be very excited to learn their new heritage or where they will be placed after the old boundaries are restored.

P.S. Constantine did nail Jesus to the cross, he converted the empire before converting himself (if he did is debatable).

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
If the whole truth about how the successive Israeli governments have mis-treated (nay, 'tortured' is a more accurate term) the Palestinian civilian population since 1948 were to come out, most Americans would opt to cut off US 'government guaranteed loans (i.e. free money) to them and immediately brand them the rogue terrorist nation that they are. (the one who wanted to stop this vicious cycle got a bullet between the eyes a few years ago).

Unfortunately most Israeli school children are brough up with various degrees of zionist vomit being spoon fed to them on a daily basis, to get them to believe in impossibly arrogant creeds such as 'we Jews are the chosen people and the rest of the world are inferior to us...' &tc.

But there is a growing number of 'refusiniks' in Israel who are (finally !!) beginning to be heard: and they are saying, Enough is Enough ! Let's agree to disagree but live in peace and respect.

The first thing that happens to such thinking-persons is that they are thrown in prison, with a hefty fine and a criminal record meant to 'stain' them for life.

My heart (and the majority of Americans' hearts too !) goes out to the Palestinian people who DO NOT DESERVE SUCH HATRED directed against them for more than 60 years---and my support goes out to the Israeli Refusniks who have shown the Courage of their Convictions to stand up and say, the Israeli government is WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG and must change...or suffer the consequences.

And those consequences are NOT very pretty, let me tell you.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The israelis have bombed the Palestinians with white phospherous bombs , shooting civilians on the streets of Gaza, it doesn't surprise me that they have now cut the water supply to the Palestinian people in half in retaliation of unrelated activities. Sort of like hitting your caged dog for a poop on the lawn.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Ok, I've skimmed over the links, didn't read study indepth but I think I've got the jist and if not I'm sure you'll bring it to my attention
. I know that the UN has passed resolution after resolution, done study after study. The bottom line is there is no way to enforce it (which is of course the design), and at this point the organization serves little purpose. The function of the UN is to maintain international peace and promote cooperation in solving international economic, social and humanitarian problems. It would appear the organization has failed across the board since 1945, and has turned into a glorified country club, imo. In a place of peace, honest discussion, and debate has become a place where threats are made openly, wars planned, and if you simply don't like the state speaking you just walk out and ignore the issue. My point was that the UN needs reform, and I still believe it does.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
All of the land of Israel is ours.
Yitzhak Shamir

You have to understand the political ideology in place before you can even fathom inhumane actions undertaken on behalf of the regime.

To all the future 'anti-semite' comments that are to come up in this thread, i am not against Jews, i have a Jewish friend. This is being -critical.

i dont like what Israel does nor do i like people that say '' Israel is right''
but i do not hate jewish people.why cant people see this? maybe there are sheep !!!!!
this story is so wrong.people have a right to water. but you will never hear Israel and war- crimes

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

Water hasn't been cut off. The report complains that Palestinians receive less water per capita than Israelis.

Since Israelis built, maintain and pay for the water recycling infrastructure, and do share their water with Palestinians (above what was required by the Oslo agreements, even though the Palestinians have not kept to their side of the agreement) I don't see a problem with this. If Palestinians want more water then they should sort out their sewage problem. It's not like they're short of money, they'd just prefer to spend it on luxury cars and rockets than improving their lot.

The other complaint in the report is that Israel destroys illegal wells. So what? You need a permit to dig your own well in any civilized country because it interrupts the water cycle for everyone else. I couldn't build a well in my back yard, and neither could you. Israel is no different - other than the fact that it has one of the most sever water shortages of any modern country.

This report is just another political attack against Israel via Amnesty International who these days are nothing more than a mouthpiece for Arab propagandists. Designed to stir hatred and ill feeling towards Israel, reduce international support and to give the Palestinian leadership more political leverage in a dispute over land.

It's shameful and sad to see formerly respectable NGOs like Amnesty selling out for petrol money, but that's the way the world is going.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
let me get this straight. some of you hate Israel for collecting the money to purchase lands, purchasing those lands once they got enough of it and declaring themselves independent of Palestine.

by your logic, you would sell your house, get the money, wait 20 years and then throw grenades at your old house and claim the occupants stole it from you.

Israel didn't take the land, they purchased it and if some of you could look at the big picture you would know that and you would be able to stow your hatred.

do you know that jews were rejected by the USA during WW2? Same in Canada. Not allowed passage in, left to die. You can't see a reason for wanting to have an independent homeland after that horror?

and you hate them for doing this?

I think your hatred is misplaced. I think your knowledge of history is poor and your sympathies are misplaced. But it would seem that no rational can break through the concrete and steel of hatred in your hearts or through the ingrained and nurtured hatred towards jews that is actively taught and promoted throughout the arab world. That same arab world ideology that is putting bullets and bombs into their own countrymen and their own children and wives and mothers, your countrymen and mine.

I think there are too many soft heads in western society when I read things like what I'm reading here.

I am neither Jew nor Israeli, I am not an arab or of arab descent.
It's not difficult for me to see what the problem is and will Israeli make a bad call now and then? Yes, it can't be avoided when you are faced with constant belligerent attack.

If I had to pick a side, it would be Israels. I don't see Egypt, Syria or Jordan helping out Gaza or "palestinians".

Do you even know that Palestine was the name given to the region in spite by the romans who occupied it?

Did you know it basically means "philistine"?

It would be helpful if some of you could actually drop your emotional reactionary hatred for just one moment and look at it from a logical and rational stanpoint.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Sorry, I could no longer edit, and apparently I didn't proofread

Anywho, The p.s. should have read that Constantine did not crucify .........

thanks

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
let me get this straight. some of you hate Israel for collecting the money to purchase lands, purchasing those lands once they got enough of it and declaring themselves independent of Palestine.

omg are you serious?

funny all you mention is "buying" land
where's the mention of white phosphorus?
you think some people are angry over that and not your "purchasing" argument?

You think????

You saw images of the recent gaza war?
People are mad at that, not "purchasing"

blockading them, assassinating doctors, destroying hospitals, businesses and not allowing food or medical supplies in.
You think maybe that's why people have a distate for the israeli govt.?

where's the mention of this in your post?

How could you just mention "purchasing" land and not everything else?

Disgusting post!

do you know that jews were rejected by the USA during WW2? Same in Canada. Not allowed passage in, left to die. You can't see a reason for wanting to have an independent homeland after that horror?

So the answer is to create horrors on other communities?
So apartheid is the answer?
Genocide is the answer?

Disgusting!

I think your hatred is misplaced. I think your knowledge of history is poor and your sympathies are misplaced.

I think your opinions are biased and based on only what you accept to read, or speak about.

That's why you mention none of the atrocities commited by the israeli govt.

But it would seem that no rational can break through the concrete and steel of hatred in your hearts or through the ingrained and nurtured hatred towards jews that is actively taught and promoted throughout the arab world. That same arab world ideology that is putting bullets and bombs into their own countrymen and their own children and wives and mothers, your countrymen and mine.

Go to Jpost, the news website
read the news there and read the comments below the article
Then come back and talk to me about hatred
Seriously, go ahead and do it!

I think there are too many soft heads in western society when I read things like what I'm reading here.

No, you are reading but only interpreting what you wish to interpret.

I am neither Jew nor Israeli, I am not an arab or of arab descent.
It's not difficult for me to see what the problem is and will Israeli make a bad call now and then? Yes, it can't be avoided when you are faced with constant belligerent attack.

Try to blockade New Yorkers
try making their home into a prison.
Seriously, do it.
See if you see any rockets or bullets coming your way

It's not just palestinians, try this with ANY community and you will soon learn that every apartheid-like action has a reaction.

If I had to pick a side, it would be Israels. I don't see Egypt, Syria or Jordan helping out Gaza or "palestinians".

So their friends aren't helping them so i choose to side with their oppressors????

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

blockading them, assassinating doctors, destroying hospitals, businesses and not allowing food or medical supplies in.

Blockade... roger that. If Hamas play nice Israel will lift the blockades. That's how these things work.

Assassinating doctors - by that I presume you mean Hamas terrorists dressed as doctors and stealing UN ambulances to transport arms. Okay.

Destroying hospitals - Wrong again, no hospitals were destroyed. The one in the news was back up and running three days after the war. Pure Pallywood. Some Greek conmen made a lot of money out of that one though.

Not allowing food or medical supplies in - as I recall Israel sent humanitarian supplies into Gaza throughout the conflict for three hours per day. Meanwhile Hamas carried on firing rockets.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

I suppose you also believe that the UN building that was bombed really had terrorists in it as well, even though the UN spoke out about this. Or how even the UN could not gain contact outside of Gaza, and they were not allowed to phone, use the internet, even letter writing did not leave the area?

Come on, it is painfully obvious that Israel does not play the rules, alters stories to fit their objectives, and covers up whatever crimes they may have committed.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Apartheid? What apartheid?

All Israelis are governed by exactly the same set of laws. They can all go to university, they can all vote, they can all own property, they can all get jobs. There is no legal discrimination between whites, blacks, Arabs, Jews, Christians, Druze. None.

Where's the apartheid?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
Blockade... roger that. If Hamas play nice Israel will lift the blockades. That's how these things work.

Assassinating doctors - by that I presume you mean Hamas terrorists dressed as doctors and stealing

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/396550943462.jpg[/atsimg]

Who dressed as who again?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

You mean the UNRWA school that Israel callously bombed, then it turned out actually they didn't bomb at all and it was all a mistake by the UN?

Didn't hear the UN's correction on the news though did you?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Got a link to that Haaretz story or just a "screenshot"?

IDF wear their uniform with pride. Unlike Hamas, who take it off so they can put civilian clothes on and wave a white flag when things look nasty.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

You'll have to understand my questioning of the source. I'll search around for others. For some reason, I just do not trust one the official mouthpieces of the state, same reason I didn't use articles from al Jazeera.

UN suspended gaza aid/workers until it is "safe"

UN driver killed

www.independent.co.uk...

www.guardian.co.uk...

As of yet, I haven't seen the recant by the UN but tons of this sort of stuff, just from January.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join