It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians' Water Cut 'To A Trickle'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I prefer to hear both sides of an argument when I read an accusation like this before reaching conclusions and condemning people.

Maybe before people jump to attack Israel, they might wish to read this article on JPost which puts things into a bit of perspective:

Water Authority: Amnesty didn't consult us over report

Not much of this article is covered in Western media, and it does shed a different light on things.

Don't suppose most of the posters in this thread will bother though, who cares about listening to both sides when there's an opportunity to slate Israel huh?

[edit on 27-10-2009 by mattpryor]

Oh yes, Israeli government sources are much more trustworthy than the non-partisan Amnesty International right?

There are always 2 sides to every story, in the case the Palestinian and Israeli side. Amnesty International's job is to find the truth between those lines.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Godot

why would one choose to stay and be abused? This is not a matter of a women being abused by a lout and not calling the cops.
This is a question of simple survival. The pal refugee camp is a cesspool, the people living there survive at the whim of the plo, hamas, et al. They want them there simple because it gives them a pretense to say they are there to support the downtrodden people of the area, against the oppressive Israelis.
where was the outrage when jordan, syria, leb. egypt forced these people to leave?
These are arab people! where are the arabs with their billions in oil revenues? why are they not helping these people to find a better life in existing countries?
there is no pal. culture, history, people, language,or state, they are refugees, outcast thrown out by other arab nations, and if they are to lazy and unmotivated to get the hell out of such a vile and dangerous place, if the rest of the arab world is so unwilling to help them, then I ask
WHY SHOULD I CARE>?
On the other hand Israel has not started any of the wars it has fought since its statehood, its tried many different ways to attain peace with its neibhors. Its worked hard to protect its people and make the country free and peaceful, and has always been a friend and allie to the US>
Therefore as to Israel I DO CARE!
Simple matter of choice, of discrimination between that which is worthy of my support and that which is not.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
If Mexico started launching missiles into Texas (and i dont give a crap about any 'reasons')

I'd want my government to level the Mexican government to make sure it never happened again.

If your govt. was doing to Mexico as Israel is doing to Palestine then expect rockets, missiles and the kitchen sink.

If the U.S. did this to Canada, you would also have rockets and missiles.

Oh but you don't care about the cause right?

If you don't care about the cause then you really don't have any opinion to begin with, you just have bias.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

so the checkpoints are there to prevent the terrorists to enter in Israel .... but why do they not prevent the zionist colonists to enter in the West Bank ??? it is a one way trickery ??? are do you think the colonists are there at home - great Israel - G-d did promise you that land ??? 2000 years ago ?? now, as I did say somewhere else : he did promise me also that I may have your house and your garden, yes he did - how do you know he didn't !!! So I will come to take your home, your land, and I will live there because, well because ..... I'm sure you as an american ( if you are .. ) will take your guns and shoot at me - no ??
liberty - property - defend our land USA - yes ok, but when a Pal does it he is a terrorist ??? come on, let's drink a beer because you need to laugh with me !!!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I just read that Liberman wants to bomb with nuclear weapons the GAZA open air prison .... nice people over there ! have a break man, need some vitamines up there ???

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

The UN has needed reformation for quite sometime, but that's a whole other issue. How does a resolution on holocaust denial have anything to do with the current discussion or more importantly on the overall effectiveness of the UN. I'm so happy we (the world) spent money on this resolution instead of something more worthwhile. Why not donate whatever they spent on that to help fight world hunger? or build a home for someone without? or any number of useful ideas, instead of worrying about what a few people (in comparison) think about the holocaust. But again we find ourselves discussing the holocaust.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Israel doesn't want the West Bank ???? are you kidding ??? or telling lies ??? desinformation tactics ??? why do you not take away then the colonists in the outposts that are as dangerous for Israel as they are for the Pals ????
right-wing colonists, hating Pals, great Israel, talmud = we are animals if not jews - come on : you scare me as hell but I HAVE A GUN, try to take my land and my water and my food, try to kill my child, try to kill my wife while waiting on the checkpoints not getting medical help, and you get bullets for free as much as you want, because that is America !! but not up there at yours ??
I HATE THE HAMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I like FATAH !! ok ???
so why did Israel made Hamas as strong to fight Arafat ??? can you explain that to me ??? now you get a madman on your backdoor, yes ok, but you still have a possibility to have a nice neighbour with West Bank, but you want Great Israel, so West Bank will also become the Hell for you too !!!
Push the Devil and he will not stop for your pleasure any longer !!!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

ok ok Matt
I get it

Obama wants to stop more settlements so Rahm Emanuel and David Axelrod are self-hating jews

Rolling Stone comes out with an article about Goldmann Sachs controlling the economy and the author gets thousands of mails saying he is an anti-semite because he just had to chose the company owned by jewish people.

If you believe Israel broke the geneva convention with white phosphorus then you are an anti-semite and are not compassionate over the what they went through during the holocaust

if you think israeli don't have the god-given right to all of palestine then you are an anti-semite

The goldstone report, while goldstone being a jew himself, saying that Israel made crimes against humanity then he must also be a self-hating jew.

Ok ok, I understand

Either you think that EVERYTHING that israel does is right, or else you are either an anti-semite or a self-hating jew.

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

hey fellow Snarf, how would you react if someone was chasing you out of your house, out of your village, out of your land ??? are you american ?? try to do that with an american man, ok, see and count the bullets you will get into your poor head .. ok ? you answer me ?? or didn't the Pals not be chased away out of their homes, villages, land ?? the problem is they still are chased away, still are considered as animals, still are being destroyed their agriculture, their homes, their hospitals, their infrastructure and now their water supplies !!!
and in the end you think they will not revolt ??? come on, drink a beer and relax, it's not finished up there .... pitty .. poor people ( jews AND pals ) over there ... shame on the zionist government USA is giving lots of $$$$$$$$$$

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
"palestinians water cut to a trickle"

this approved by the UN to strengthen Israeli relations.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bcs8484

Yes man, you think we are stupid or what ??? so you try to tell me that it is all propaganda ??? maybe there is a bit of it, ok, but if I understand it well then GAZA is the best open air prison in the world ??? best hospitals, best medical aid, best nutrition for the kids, best agriculture, best water supplies, best fishing possibilities etc etc .... I didn't know, thanks for information.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It is outrageous that the world is watching this passively. It is sad, makes me speechless and at the same time it doesn't surprise me at all. I just saw a Palestinian farmer on TV, he's living on the water source of the West Bank. Yet, Israel forbids him to dig a well. Reason? Israeli security measures forbid him to do so. ''That's how the occupation works'', he says.

How could there ever be peace with this inhumane situation. Who cares? No one. Because Israel and its big brother will silence every objection. ''We need to do this, because imagine that these merciless Muslim terrorist kids would get sufficient water.

Those Palestinians who don't leave freely, will simply be tortured in various ways so that they either die or forcefully leave. And that's how Lebensraum is created.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
reply to post by tristar

The UN has needed reformation for quite sometime, but that's a whole other issue. How does a resolution on holocaust denial have anything to do with the current discussion or more importantly on the overall effectiveness of the UN. I'm so happy we (the world) spent money on this resolution instead of something more worthwhile. Why not donate whatever they spent on that to help fight world hunger? or build a home for someone without? or any number of useful ideas, instead of worrying about what a few people (in comparison) think about the holocaust. But again we find ourselves discussing the holocaust.

My links have nothing do with or should i say, the main content of my links are not solely based on the Holocaust. Just take the time to read one of two of them and you will understand.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phedreus

On the other hand Israel has not started any of the wars it has fought since its statehood, its tried many different ways to attain peace with its neibhors.

Israel hasn't what? Excuse me while my jaw hits the floor.

Oh, and yeah, I have to agree, I think my neighbors would love me and stop making war if I damned up their water and watched their children not only starve to death but dry up like raisins and die too...

/sarcasm

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I wasn't commenting on the links, I was commenting on the block quote in the post.

I'll comment on the links once I've had a chance to review them.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

the problem is they always tell you that you are anti-semitic when you criticize Israel doing ..... but it is part of their tactics : when you do criticize the Israel GOVERNMENT politics then you must be called a anti-zionist !!!! NOT a anti-jew, NOT a anti-semit ! it is false to call someone anti-jew or anti-semit when this person do criticize the zionist politics !!!! It is a good thing to know that more and more people do understand this trickery that wants to shut up the free expression of the world because of the fear to be called " anti-semitic " - it is a FALSE argument, everybody is free to criticize Israel government or Obama or Bush or Santa Claus ..... there are fantastic jews, I'm not anti-jew but anti-zionist. Comprendo ?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Water is a huge issue for israel .

The rain and snow that falls on the Golan, added to natural spring-water, ultimately provides Israel with about one-third of its fresh water. This strategic plateau, about 1,200 km sq (460 miles sq) and all of its water resources were lost by Syria in the 1967 Arab-Israeli War. Since then it has been occupied, and annexed, by Israel.

BBC News

One third of its fresh water .
I don`t see Israel giving back the Golan Heights any time soon .

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

water is a huge issue for the WHOLE world, but Israel has one of the biggest armies possible in the world .... so it stinks for the future !! water and petroleum, let's prepare for the final fights ! with who anyway ?? who will kill for water and petroleum, who does now ???

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

If you don't care about the cause then you really don't have any opinion to begin with, you just have bias.

I see. And who exactly appointed you to be the decider ? Bush?

I care very much about the cause. Im just don't allow my hatred for anyone to over rule whats right in my face.

Israel gets attacked, they defend themselves.

It really is that simple.

and since you know nothing about me, i find it impossible that you can psychoanalyze me. I realize in your world, things go perfect and you're always right, but from where im setting, its quite the opposite i'm afraid.

The Palestinians murder, attack, and so on and so on. They're not innocent. Im not saying the Israeli's are innocent either...BUT it is their land and they are defending it. Yet you set aside all of the Palestinian blunders to further your Jew bashing.

Sorry. Just not going to work for me.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

If you point out one post of mine where I do anything jew bashing I will log out and never return to ATS and that's a promise.

Please provide a link of any one of my such posts.

I await!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join