It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians' Water Cut 'To A Trickle'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
Water distribution, as I understand it, is a tricky issue with regards to negotiations. Treating water requires a lot of engineering skills and money to run. That money and technical know-how doesn't come from Palestinians, it comes largely from Israelis and Israeli tax payers.

It would have been nice if Israel would have left some of that infrastructure. Instead of bombing them into the stone age.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

Two centuries ago?! Are you certain about that? I think a better description would be 6 decades ago. You go around saying two centuries some may think Israel has been around for the past two hundred years, we know the state of the current educational system, 1948 until 2009.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
it is very curious, lots of american republicans are zionist friends but how would they react if someone would try to hurt them in USA on their own property, on their own land ??? I mean, liberty, property, isn't that sacred to USA ?? if Israel would do that in USA, you would see lots of people taking their guns and shoot at those fools !!
here in West Bank, they do not care ... freedom, you know, for me but not for the others in the world !!!! shame on you zionist government of Israel, do you really think we do not see your real zionist ( = nationalist = f.. ?? )faces ?? what does your G-d think about it ??? He agrees ? really ??
and we have to believe that ??? our G-d of love = do not do to another what you do not want others do to you ???? what a shame !

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Seems like alot of people here are assuming that Israel is not giving them much water so they leave palestine so Israel can take the land.

This is untrue, there are so many military checkpoints it's almost impossible to leave Gaza. Also when civilians are arrested in the west bank they are sent to Gaza after being released, like it's a 2nd prison or something.

Many Gazans have tried to leave and go to Jordan, but checkpoints just don't allow it 99% of the time.

This is more like stealing land, claiming it, building a wall around it and considering everyone inside it a prisoner of war.
Then instead of letting them go, you keep them there and torture them as if you have some form of sadistic pleasure in seeing them suffer everyday of their lives.

Gaza is basically a concentration camp, just more modern.

I've never seen proof myself of Nazis taking over the israeli govt. as some people point out, but if you look at how the israeli govt behaves, it seems like that's exactly what happened.

Israel does NOT want them to leave, they want to be spectators of misery.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Zionist immigration from Yemen and Russia started in the 1800s.

Maybe 130 years, I rounded it up. Sue me.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

yes of course, it's all the fault of the pals ... Israel zionists destroy their agriculture, their water supplies, their schools, their hospitals, their roads, their homes, their kids, their lives .. but sorry, it's all the fault of the pals of course !!!! sarcastic to say such a thing, matt, i think you are not very human any longer, if someone in USA did such a thing to you or your wife or your children ( I don't think you have them anyway with such mentality ) you would take a gun and shoot on all sides to the terrorists that steel your water, your life, your hope etc ... but you are a poor little man that does not understand any longer why the pals are getting angry, very angry and the rest of the intelligent world also !

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Actually they should have cut the water off 40 years ago and this would all be done with. The Palestinians are nothing but a pain in the arse and should be erradicated like the lowly cockroach.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

And here come the personal attacks. Thanks for validating the stereotype.

I never said it was all the fault of the Palestinians, but they should accept a share of the responsibility instead of blaming everything on Israel.

It's a conflict. It's tragic. If everyone got along then the problem would be sorted, but they don't.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

reply to matt again : come on you poor man, you had time enough to read about what is happening all over West Bank and Gaza open air prison, do not be ridiculous to ask us now to wait until you did study somehow the problems on terrain !!! it's going on for decades, it's well planned, great Israel is the zionist dream, are you not knowing ??
if a man beats his wife for years, who do you think is to blame ??? the woman that revolts agains her husband or the "poor little" macho bastard who one day will kill her because she was too stupid not to defend herself .... poor mister matt-prior to that : poor little human being !!! we are all dogs says the talmud in the eyes of some from there !!!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

sorry but it is NOT personnal, I do not know you but you think that it is the fault of the pals that water supply is cut of ???
I cannot accept that !! sorry man if I did hirt your sensibility.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
perhaps now the pals will get the message. ITs time to move back to the countries that kicked you out in the first place. You do not deserve a country, you do not deserve to be treated as civilized people, I have seen first hand the squalor and pestilence you choose to live in and the simple fact that you remain there is proof enough that you are simple to stupid or to lazy to go somewhere else and provide for yourself and your family.
Rather than go in and bomb the place Israel is choosing to use other means to force the closure of this midden heap. Israel has just as legit a claim on the land as anyone else in the region, and IMO I would sure as hell rather have Israel controlling the area than the plo.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I am Pro Israel, but this was wrong of them. It is very sad. I guess my attitude on it is when someone you consider a friend does something really stupid that screws up their life. You can be angry, pity them, and still wish the best for them at the same time.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Actually, Israel was created as a result of the League of Nations Mandate of 1922, which granted a mandate to Great Britain to create a "National Home" for the Jews in Palestine. This right was based on the right to self determination, a right shared by all peoples.

Ami Isseroff

Link

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phedreus
I have seen first hand the squalor and pestilence you choose to live in and the simple fact that you remain there is proof enough that you are simple to stupid or to lazy to go somewhere else and provide for yourself and your family.

If you have seen it first hand surely you saw the big walls and checkpoints preventing them from leaving?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

There are Zionists, Muslims, Hindus, anarchists, etc. here in the U.S. does that mean that IF the U.S. were to fall to one of these groups that the world should deny its previous existence on the basis of immigration policy? There were some here so, it was always "their" county? That's what it sounded like to me. In 1922 and 1931, the censuses for the British Mandate of Palestine were recorded as having 11% Jewish and 16.9% respectively. In the U.S. we have 15.4 % Hispanic and 12.8% African American, so when will the regime change become effective?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I have a relative on her way over right now, she has been there. I'll have to ask her about these walls and see if I can get some photos.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Actually, Israel was created as a result of the League of Nations Mandate of 1922, which granted a mandate to Great Britain to create a "National Home" for the Jews in Palestine. This right was based on the right to self determination, a right shared by all peoples.

Ami Isseroff

Link

Israel was not created in in 1922, and your link disputes your claim. The Balfour Declaration was written in 1917 was a decree that Britian would like to establish a national home for Jews in Palestine, not a nation. They were to incorporate themselves within existing society. Are we negating to mention how the Brits ended up fighting against the Jews with the Arabs? We also didn't mention the White Papers, the one where Britain in 1939 decreed that the Palestinians would have self determination and to limit the number of Jewish immigrants. Meanwhile, WWII was occurring the British military of overstretched and couldn't support their promise to the Palestinians.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Godot

Sorry to burst your bubble but there is nothing, not a wall or a gate or a checkpoint that is forbidding people from leaving. They are free to go anytime they wish.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phedreus
reply to post by Godot

Sorry to burst your bubble but there is nothing, not a wall or a gate or a checkpoint that is forbidding people from leaving. They are free to go anytime they wish.

Right...so when was the last time you traveled to Israel or is this just an assumption your have or perhaps something you watched on the idiot box ?

Please, lets try and keep this in realm of reality.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
And where do you all think the Palestinians hide their Katuska Rockets and entrences to their military tunnels? Under their beds?

No sirree, check those cisterns and find the truth!

Signed,

Thedevilsadvocate

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join