It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians' Water Cut 'To A Trickle'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Of the US$ 130 million [donations] earmarked for sewerage systems, only about US$ 25 million has been invested in the El-Bireh wastewater treatment plant. This means that of the total US$ 500 million donated, only 5% has been invested in the construction of wastewater treatment plants.

Source

Seems to me that the main problem with Palestinians' water and sewage is corruption, embezzling and negligence on behalf of the Palestinian Authority.

Easier to sit and blame Israelis though right?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

How about Israel rocking up one day and claiming the land? Then requiring permits, of course a permit has to be authorised - I have a feeling that's a nightmarishly long and usually pointless task.

And do you think the Palestinians actually enjoy not having the capacity to treat water? A process that requires a stable infrastructure to do in any scale... An infrastructure Israel will by every single account I have ever seen or heard (bar a few token gestures that Israel will make a massive racket about) attempt to stunt and roadblock (figuratively and literally) at every turn.

Sanitation requires water! - To deny the Enemy is a basic tactic, to control the infrastructure... Again a basic tactic, how could the Palestinians invest in a water network when all the strategic sites have been 'acquired' long ago by those cunning Shylock'esq Israeli's? (I've thrown in a complementary anti-Semitic bone just to keep the soap box crew happy).

To me denying someone a permit to collect rain water is in a smaller way very similar to the Chinese government requiring the Tibetans to obtain a permit should they they wish to be reincarnated

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
Water distribution, as I understand it, is a tricky issue with regards to negotiations. CUT...

Exactly! Here is a reality check which of course will be ignored by those who absolutely friggin right.... "Never want to look at both sides of an issue".

Iraq warns Turkey on Euphrates water supplies

Now... ahem.... what say you about Muslims vs. Muslims concerning "water distribution".

Yeah.... that's what I thought.... never mind.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
Treating water requires a lot of engineering skills and money to run. That money and technical know-how doesn't come from Palestinians, it comes largely from Israelis and Israeli tax payers.

yeah,

we all know that : for centuries palestinian were waiting for the zionists to come to provide them the water from their land.

after all, as any good zionist points anytime they can, palestinian are just animals. How could they ever find a source or dig a well by themselves ?

(we should study their body engineering though because surviving all those millenia without water seems quite unreal)

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

What's turkey and iraq got to do with palestine?

Through diplomacy both of those countries will eventually solve their 'water problem' unlike palestinians who are being made to suffer day after day because the israelis control the tap.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ::.mika.::

Before Israel existed the whole region supported a very small population. Back in those days it was okay to just dig a well and collect rainwater and not worry about what happens to your waste.

Now the population is several million (Palestinian and Israeli), and that system doesn't work anymore.

You can blame the Jews for that if it suits your worldview, or you can call it progress like everywhere else in the world.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by merkava
reply to post by KOGDOG

What's turkey and iraq got to do with palestine?
CUT...

Well to paraphrase a USGS article...

The Euphrates has been brandished as a "water weapon" several times. In 1989 Turkey threatened to restrict Syria's water supply, and during the Gulf conflict of 1990-1991 the same leverage was contemplated against Iraq. After the war the Iraqi government defeated a Shiite Muslim revolt. Many cite this as the government's motivation to finally remove the marshes. The Marsh Arabs are themselves Shiite, and reportedly maintained links with Iraqi dissidents and with Iran. Army deserters and Shiite refugees also hid in the marshes, as well as rebel fighters who slipped back and forth by boat over the Iranian border.5

"Ain't war hell!"

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Oh hang on... Before Israel existed.

Make a problem, solve the problem - control the problem.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Actually, Matt

The problem is Amnesty International has been found to be LYING in that report.

This comes from the Palestinian Authority who says they were not even consulted on this report.

They continue to say that several major error's are in the report.

This from the "Turkish Weekly", and Turkey is not exactly supporting Israel right now and if they can see the lie's.....
Turkish Weekly

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Goldstone report is a lie

Deliberate water shortage is a lie

Palestinian blockade is a lie

Palestinian lands stolen is a lie

Palestinian genocide is a lie

The only truth is israel and its 'Chosen Ones' Right?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Turkish Weekly lifted that article from JPost.

Interesting that JPost is a good enough source for the Turks, but not for people on this forum!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Thats because the "ANTI-JEW" crew don't want to read anything that does not support they hate for Israel.

You know, the kind that does not let TRUTH get in the way of a good old Israel bashing thread.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

a. In 1967, consumption in Israel amounted to 1,411 MCM and the population stood at 2,776,000. This is equivalent to 508 m3 per capita per year.

b. In 2006, total consumption in Israel was 1,211 MCM, and the population was 7,117,000. This is equivalent to 170 m3 per capita per year.

c. In 1967, Palestinian consumption in the West Bank amounted to 60 MCM, and the population stood at about 700,000. This is equivalent to 85.7 m3 per capita per year.

d. In 2006, Palestinian consumption in the West Bank was a total of about 180 MCM, and the population was 1,800,000. This is equivalent to 100 m3 per capita per year.

Source

So Palestinian population has increased and so has water consumption per capita. Doesn't really tie in with the "Israelis are stealing their water" line does it?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by merkava

So now Turkey is part of the Jewish conspiracy too???

The source is Turkey Weekly for heaven's sake.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I find it comical and sad when people assume that the Palestinians were a group of backwards nomads that should be thankful the Jews came and "saved" them. Or how people forget that the Palestinians fought in both World Wars with the west. Or how Muslims, Jews, and Christians all lived happily together prior to the invasion of the Zionists. What about how the Zionist sacrificed their "own people" to further their political agenda? Are we so far removed from history, in general, that we forget that people were alive for millions of years (or thousands for some
) without our modern advances?

Did the Palestinians not have water or know how clean it before Israel popped up? Ok, that was rhetorical. But if a group of people were to invade my country, set up their infrastructure, destroy mine, and then tell me I should be thankful for them advancing me (which is debatable) nor should I mind how they control ALL items coming into the area (usually aid) and leaving, which is primarily aid as I am not allowed to import or export anything. Let's just say that country would not have had one peaceful day, not one day without resistance.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
as a non-arab, non-jew, non-christian who is only an american looking in from outside without any religious bias, Israel's treatment of palestein has to be the single most hideous legacy of American violation of human rights and its abuse. I am ashamed that my country is responsible for atrocities committed by Jews who are acting just as ruthless as nazies against them.

how unfortunate that we lack civility as species.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

That's right, let's keep water from those extra children that offset the ration of water, I mean it's their fault there the existing amounts are now not enough right.

To deny basic essentials for life is a human rights violation. Water being the primary need is a gross violation of human rights.

I'm sure the population explanation has nothing to do with the fact that Arabs will have out bred Zionist in about 10-20 yrs and will be the majority......again.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

And I recall another thread about the stoppage for water supplies for 1000's of farmers in California so we can all feel good about saving some bay smelts.

yeah! How dare they protect one of the most important tiers in their local ecosystem's food chain!

Greedy Bastards!

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

i hate to burst your bubble, but us Americans can't even collect rain water either...

by the way, they're being very lenient to them in Colorado - i've heard that they've been stricter and enforced this very thing in other cities, states, and towns.

anyway, i'm not surprised that Israel's doing this to Palestine... at all...

www.ifamericansknew.org...

...check that out

[edit on 27-10-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

You're putting words in peoples' mouths. I'm sure the Jewish and Arab population of Palestine managed their water fine before the population increases (Jewish and Arab) of the 19th and 20th centuries.

That was two centuries ago.

This is 2009.

Digging wells in your back garden and throwing your sewage in the river is not a viable way to ensure a safe and reliable water distribution system for a population of several million in one of the driest regions in the world. It just isn't. It doesn't matter how much you bemoan the existence of Israel or the fact that the creation of Israel has increased the population of all demographics, it doesn't change the reality.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by mattpryor]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join