It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians' Water Cut 'To A Trickle'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Palestinians' Water Cut 'To A Trickle'

news.sky.com

Amnesty International has launched a scathing attack on Israel, accusing it of rationing Palestinians to a "trickle of water".

"Israel allows the Palestinians access to only a fraction of the shared water resources, which lie mostly in the occupied West Bank", says the report's author, Donatella Rovera, "while the unlawful Israeli settlements receive virtually unlimited supplies".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Teacher and father-of-seven Bassam Qdah has built a concrete water tank to collect rain water in his home in the village of Shukba.

The Israeli army has told him it will be demolished because it was built without a permit.

"We have seven young children," he told Amnesty researchers, "and even if we use it sparingly, we still need quite a bit of water.

"Why would they want to demolish this small cistern? It does not bother anyone and is on my land."

Oh man again - It's clear why they are doing this to all, it must be... It's siege tactics, I'm surprised they don't leave rotting animals in the water courses like they would of done in medieval times. (although I bet they do have a few potions up their sleeves that would do a modern day job).

The man in the part quoted above can't even collect the rain! And that should belong to anyone who wants to go out of their way to collect it.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
If the world wasn't watching, the Palestinian genocide would have been complete decades ago. It will happen though, ten or twenty years from now, they'll all be dead and it will be overlooked because of the timescale.

+2 more 
link   
This is utterly ridiculous...

Families don't have water... Farmers don't have water...

This is nothing short of GENOCIDE!

Shame on you Israel!

Shame on you!

link   
It's both disgusting and believable. Let's see, if the people learn to live through genocide, food shortages, horrible living and common conditions, let's see if they learn to live without water. Hmmm.....something tells me Israel will give us its "justifiable" reasoning shortly.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I saw this article on BBC and almost posted it.

The biggest question is, why? It just baffles my mind that Israel would do something so horrible to innocent people. Regardless of who governs Palestine, there is no reason to torture these people into thirst and starvation.

It's just so irrationally confusing. The man can't even have a cistern! The Israeli army goes around and destroys water tanker trucks and demolishes wells the Palestinians build for what purpose? Spite? To make sure they're so desperate that they keep electing extremists to continue the conflict against Israel?

It just doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Maybe Israel is learning this new tactic from the U.S? I recall threads here at ATS concerning how it is illegal in Colorado to collect rainwater in rainbarrels from the runoff from foiks' roof. And I recall another thread about the stoppage for water supplies for 1000's of farmers in California so we can all feel good about saving some bay smelts.

Meanwhile, Israel just keeps putting inhumane pressure on the Palestinians. I guess just because they can. Nobody stops them. I imagine if I had been unfortunate enough to be born a Palestinian, I would have become an active "terrorist" long ago, doing my best to help wipe the Zionists off the map.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by kyred]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko
It just baffles my mind that Israel would do something so horrible to innocent people.

It's just so irrationally confusing.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

it' not confusing and it does make sense.

it's israel god damned, what did you expect ?

the confusion might come from the image of israel you have in your mind. you shall review that to understand.

edit:i'm looking forward to zionist (there are many on ats) contribution on this news and see what kind of explanation they'll come with

[edit on 27-10-2009 by ::.mika.::]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
It makes sense when you realize that the people in charge of Israel are followers of Hitler and his psychopathic genocidal minions.

Nazi leaders moved to Israel after the war, and started their genocidal acts once again there in the name of Zionism.

Put two and two together, and you'll see what's behind the curtains.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

These Ariel Sharon quotes will help you make sense of this:

www.quotesdaddy.com...

Here are more quotes from various Isreali leaders:

www.monabaker.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
To deny anyone water should be a crime against humanity.

Period.

No exceptions.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Damn Israeli's.
You'd think after being void of liberty and being starved and humiliated you'd have learnt a lesson on the value of humanity.

Obviously, you havent!

If you continue to treat the Palestinians like this, I say its fair that you too deserve to be treated like scum, until you learn that lesson.

Treat others how you wish to be treated yourself.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Damn Israeli's.

the israeli sheeple is thoroughly brainwashed and programmed. don't blame the sheeple for anything else than belonging to the sheeple->american&european sheeple are as much guilty.

edit:as a matter of fact i know many israeli that "genuinely" believe palestinian are just a bunch of heartless terrorists. impossible to have with them a rational discussion about the situation; somehow it ends up being the same kind of discussion you would have with some average american/european when trying to open minds about the truth about the lies on 9/11. "they stick their fingers in their ears" and call you insane.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by ::.mika.::]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I would like to say something pertinent and relevant in regards to Israel's latest human rights violations but I can only deal with the stigma of one warning on my avatar at a time!

So in keeping with the standards that seem to be employed often when it comes to just what you can say about Israel and the Zionists and what you can't let me just say that there is a Hindu Sect that claims by staring at the sun directly for 10 or 15 minutes each day at sunrise and sunset that you can feed your body nourishment through photosynthesis.

Many of the members of this sect claim within a year of nourishing your body by allowing your eye's pupils to soak up the sun's rays that you not only do not need to eat any food or drink any water but will enjoy perfect disease free health!

Many members of the sect claim to have not eaten food in over 10 years and the founder of the sect claims she has not eaten any food or drank any water in over 25 years.

They claim that the humidity in the air and the dew is all the liquid your body needs to sustain itself and that additionally the people who have learned to live in this manner have cured their own cancers and diseases and enjoy perfect health and spirituality.

Based on that I think we can all see that the Israelis are not bent on Genocide but encouraging the Islamic Palestinians to convert to this much healthier and economical naturally sustaining Hindu sect because of Israel's truly benovelent nature and genuine love and concern for the errant Palestinians living the old fashioned and unhealthy way off of food and water! Yuck, who wants that when you can just soak up some rays from the sun and get a tan at the same time!

No this is not the kind of human rights violation that deserves economic sanctions and military reprisals if the Israel Zionist Regime continues to starve Palestinians and deny them water.

This is just tough love for the Palestinians own good to help them reach a new age of plenty and prosperity by taking the old things away from them and encouraging them to do it a much healthier way.

As usual Israel has done nothing wrong and only has the best of intentions.

Beside it's G-d's water and he gave it to them!

[edit on 27/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
It seems that Israel, is heading for an all out move against all and any middle eastern nation that oppose its politics. Such a small nation creating so many problems in a region which obviously is in need of sanity.

Keep your friends close and your enemy's closer.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Germany was condemned for doing EXACTLY the same thing for the warsaw ghetto.

body count will end up the same

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
israel is the tumor of middle east.

As this tumor grows more people will suffer and die.

Zionism at its peak.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Everyone needs water to live. Innocent people will suffer

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

Find Peace, Propoganda, and the Promised Land on Google videos and watch that to start.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
All of the land of Israel is ours.
Yitzhak Shamir

You have to understand the political ideology in place before you can even fathom inhumane actions undertaken on behalf of the regime.

To all the future 'anti-semite' comments that are to come up in this thread, i am not against Jews, i have a Jewish friend. This is being Israel-critical.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join