It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interplanetary �Day After Tomorrow?�

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trance
but i do know june 8th starts the direct alignment with Venus/Earth/Sun a 1st time event for mankind to witness could this have any meaning on a earth cycle scale?

uh... this is not a first time event at all. here's a list of venus transits from 0001 BCE to 2000 BCE: sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov...

there are 28 listed.

EDIT: was having url troubles...

[Edited on 5/21/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Originally posted by Trance
but i do know june 8th starts the direct alignment with Venus/Earth/Sun a 1st time event for mankind to witness could this have any meaning on a earth cycle scale?

uh... this is not a first time event at all. here's a list of venus transits from 0001 BCE to 2000 BCE: sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov...

there are 28 listed.

EDIT: was having url troubles...

[Edited on 5/21/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

I said this was the 1st time mankind will see a DIRECT allignment, yes this happens before an will happen again its due to our rotation but since we are on somewhat different rotations but somewhat along the same path we only have a DIRECT allignment once in a while june 8th will be the 1st for mankind.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
How can anyone measure pluto's atmosphere pressure?
Think about it. We have sent no probes there. We also can't get a clear image of it. How the heck do you tell it's atmospheric pressure?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
This is why i dont want kids as yet, coz the world is changing and its gonna get worse before it gets any better, and i think the less people alive when it happens the better. I for one am looking forward to it. i think after the # hits the fan then dries. The world will be better... i just hope i survive

My view exactly.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
you should not worry about things like this. Photonic belts are nonsense, photon is another name for Light, which has almost Zero Mass. its like saying a flashlight beam is capable of knocking down whoever it comes across.

as far as Venus, celestial events are spectacular, and should be held in awe and Wonder, as our ancestors did. Venus is the only planet that spins backwards. Many scientists believe this is due to a asteroid hitting the planet thousands of years ago. What is interesting is that the Mayan Calender starts at year zero close to the year that the asteroid is supposed to have hit Venus and set her spinning backward. If the asteroid story is true, venus would have shown brighter than the sun during the day, and filled the night sky. It must have been magnificent, and sent all of earths cultures searching for answers to what happened.

dont be afraid of the UNiverse, enjoy and marvel at the mystery and Beauty she offers, and the celestial show she puts on.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join