It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Christians are Hypocrites

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
They are puppets and christanity is used as a tool to keep people dumb

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Everyone's a hypocrite about something, act accordingly.

second line.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Charity isn't charity if it's at the point of a gun.
Ask yourself, if a man gives to another because he's FORCED to, is it done out of good will, or fear?
that's the difference between Jesus and Marx.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'm no Christian, nor am I a "liberal" or a "conservative", so my words are just my understanding of others.

But I suppose where the OP differs from those defending Conservative Christianity is the means in which one cares about the welfare of others. Maybe the Conservative Christians don't like the state run welfare system. Perhaps, in their eyes, it breeds chronic welfare recipients, thus feeding a never ending cycle of hopelessness.

Do the Conservatives have the right answers? Probably not. I haven't seen much of anything work so far in this world, but one day, we, as humans, will figure it all out. One day.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
jesus was just a man simply as that. made mistakes like everyman does. be he a prophet or a poet. he was just a man nothing more.

if u have a bunch of questions about the bible read the qur'ran it should answer most if not all of your questions.

you dont have to be muslim to read the qu'ran. i am not christian and i have read the bible several times. i dont have people for what they chose to believe. i just personally believe christanity is the fakest most hypocritical faith out. you can do anything you want with no consequences as long as u ask the man jesus for forgivenss on sunday. its that easy. no wonder way christanity is responiable for the most genicide, and most disgusting thing in the history of mankind. from the crusades to the indians.to slavery,........... even now a days. most sex offenders. serial killers, child molesters, rapiest .. etc or christian.

even christiandomes priest molest little boy's. they dont care. they just gotta ask a man for forgivness do 5 hail mary's and presto heaven here i come.

everybody wants to bash islam. but forgets all the nasty crap in their house.

just my point of view

[edit on 12-1-2010 by jmacbeth]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by The Transhumanist

Nice and simple for the OP.

God/Jesus wants you to give of yourself freely. Not by force.

And for people who want some stats:

-- Although liberal families' incomes average 6 percent higher than those of conservative families, conservative-headed households give, on average, 30 percent more to charity than the average liberal-headed household ($1,600 per year vs. $1,227).

-- Conservatives also donate more time and give more blood.

-- Residents of the states that voted for John Kerry in 2004 gave smaller percentages of their incomes to charity than did residents of states that voted for George Bush.

-- Bush carried 24 of the 25 states where charitable giving was above average.

-- In the 10 reddest states, in which Bush got more than 60 percent majorities, the average percentage of personal income donated to charity was 3.5. Residents of the bluest states, which gave Bush less than 40 percent, donated just 1.9 percent.

-- People who reject the idea that "government has a responsibility to reduce income inequality" give an average of four times more than people who accept that proposition.

Brooks demonstrates a correlation between charitable behavior and "the values that lie beneath" liberal and conservative labels. Two influences on charitable behavior are religion and attitudes about the proper role of government.

Link

Seems pretty Christian to me. Giving of yourself freely.

So your basic premise that you started this thread on fails miserably.

/thread

[edit on 1/12/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by The Transhumanist

Forget about what you think about Christianity or conservatism or liberalism or hypocrisy or whatever. Christ already answers your frustration, you just have to accept this fact.

Matthew 7:13-14

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

Originally posted by masqua
When I think of the 'Religious Right', I think of The Family, aka: The Fellowship:

I'll keep this in mind masqua, thank you for sharing.

BTW what does it mean, poor in spirit?

Do other members usually still subscribe to old threads?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join