It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI raids free child prostitutes in 36 cities(some as young as 10),CNN reports on Afghani sex slaves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I've edited this thread in light of a report on CNN that I saw just after posting. This is so disgusting, two stories, one from the most powerful nation in the world, the other from one of the poorest.

US raids free child prostitutes

FBI officials in the US say they have rescued more than 50 children from prostitution rings.

Nearly 700 hundred people were arrested in 36 cities over three days, officials said, in an operation targeting a number of prostitution hotspots.

Most of those rescued were girls under 18 with the youngest just 10 years old. Dozens of pimps were also arrested.

The raid was part of a larger FBI operation which has so far recovered nearly 900 children from prostitution.

God, how awful that these children were forced into a life of prostitution.

I can't put it much better than this from the article:

"These kids are victims. They lack the ability to walk away. This is 21st Century slavery,"

What I find quite ironic about this item is that CNN's 'MOST POPULAR' is this:

Ignored by society, Afghan sex slaves suffer centuries-old tradition

How odd, how sad, how sick.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Disgusting beyond belief that stuff.

This world is a crime sometimes.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Sickening!!!! Child Prostitutes in America? How are we better than any third world country?

Where are the parents of these children? Are they all runaway and orphans? Is it possible that among the 50 we'll find some missing children?

My heart goes out these children who had to lose their innocence so young in life.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Usually these are children smuggled from 3rd world countries. Often they are sold by their parents. You sound shocked to learn of this. How can you not be aware of the epidemic of "Human Trafficking" a $30 billion+ a year industry?

Edit for Grammar

[edit on 26-10-2009 by red_leader]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Kiwi, I see it like this, when others (religious difference) does something horrible we Americans scream and shout our outrage at the top of our lungs, but when our skeletons come tumbling out of the closet and Americans do horrible deeds, the news is quickly brushed aside and stuffed back into the closet.

Humans are such hypocrites!!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The "pimps" should be publicly tortured, death of a thousand cuts, while being sexually violated at the same time, sickening disgusting evil rotten souless scum. Tied by the wrists to a post and whipped with a fishing pole, tasered and stoned.
A little helpless child oh how that makes my blood boil.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
My shock is not that it is happening, but that it is happening HERE!!! in Good old God Loving/Fearing USA!!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
My shock is not that it is happening, but that it is happening HERE!!! in Good old God Loving/Fearing USA!!!!

I know what you mean.

Apologies, I saw that article about Afghani sex slaves and had to add it, it just seemed right to show it goes on everywhere.

I'm sickened though.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Yeah right, cuz America is a nation of saints.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by red_leader

Well that is how we like portray ourselves to the world. You know we have the answers to all the world's problem and an opinion on everything that happens in every other country, so obviously I would expect us to uphold higher standards.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
When I first moved to Hollywood California at the age of 17 Santa Monica and Sunset Boulevards were teeming with underage prostitutes.

Both teenage girls and boys some as young as 13 and the average being 16 routinely sold them selves and sexual favors on street corners 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Some of them were runaways, some of them were throw-aways and some of them even had decent suburban homes but expensive drug habits and other tastes.

Many of them refused out reach efforts by organizations like the Gay and Lesbian Community Service Center to help them get off the streets.

Many of them would turn down offers of decent paying jobs because they paid less than what they could earn prostituting themselves.

Few of the underage girls had pimps and none of the under age boys had pimps. They were all strictly free lance operators doing what they were doing either out of necessity or their own volition.

Some were in fact addicted to the lifestyle. Many of their older clients were once under aged prostitutes themselves.

To understand the problem of teen age and minor prostitution it helps to move beyond the outrage and the notion that there is always some sinister predator involved forcing them to do so.

It helps to understand the social, economic, familiar, and political situation that causes developing adults to see prostitution and it's associated risks and rewards as a solution to another problem or set of problems or a way to advance themselves or survive through life.

That really though can't be done when people don't focus on what makes victims choose to be victims and the reality is here in America many are victims by choice.

Yes the international sex trade does take underage girls from places like the Dominican Republic and lure them away with false promises into a life of brothels in places like Amsterdam but most often here in America it's just misunderstood kids and not always from bad homes, but kids just rebelling against the authority of their parents and the state who want to be more adult than their age, circumstances and the law allow and turn to one of the few things that a young and inexperienced person with no skills and no legal way to hold a job can do to make big money.

It could be because they have no place to go, it could be because they don't want to go where they do have to go even though by most people's standards their homes are safe and secure places.

This is part of a larger social disease plaguing our society and it is easy to condemn the people who exploit and pay them and sometimes profit off of them.

It is however very hard to understand the complex and often very varied circumstances that lure an under aged minor into prostitution.

Anybody who wants to understand and help correct this problem would do well to leave their outrage at home and start asking and listening instead preaching of telling.

[edit on 26/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
So when will they start killing these who do these sorts of crimes so it doesn't happen again and again and again.

All sorts of animal societies get rid of their bad eggs, the malevolent critter criminals who can't or won't follow the rules... Why don't we?

Oh yeah I forgot, humans aren't making the rules here... 'They' are.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I don't doubt what you say is true, but you surely don't kow this case, nor can you make a sweeping generalisation that can account for a TEN year old being sold for sex.

I don't think anybody here is disgusted with the children doing this, but having disgust for the pimps arrested and adults involved with this is definitely not misplaced, IMO.

Read the BBC piece, it tell you how many were arrested.

That's where people will point their fingers, not at the prostitutes.

new topics

top topics

join