It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Schizophrenia has distroyed my life

page: 2
11
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Didn't you have an independent evaluation arranged by Social Security? It is my understanding that that is the norm.

It is also very common for people to be turned down for SSI the first time they apply, so don't give up.

If there are public mental health clinics in your area, you should contact them for treatment to help alleviate the costs and also to gather collateral evidence for your case.

Keep taking your meds and don't give up on your benefits.




posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome
 


The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I sympathize greatly with your situation. I had my first break from reality at 19, and wasn't given an official diagnosis until I was 25. I'm schizoaffective bi-polar.

You mentioned earlier that you have been seeing your MD for your perscriptions up to this point - have you tried seeing a psychologist to evaluate your case?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.



posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If you would like to do some general reading on using homeopathy to treat schizophrenia, I can suggest several sources:

1. Hpathy.com

type in "schizophrenia" in the search category, and it will bring up several articles and cases you can read about.

Here's a general article about using homeoapthy in schizophrenia. It lists many different remedies at the end, but nothing specific about any of them. To read about the more specific remedies, you can search them on hpathy.com.

(The remedy that cured my psychosis is not on the list. My remedy is a more rare remedy, but the list does name some of the more common remedies they use for schizophrenia.)

2. Prozac Free by Judith Ullman N.D.


I also know that there is a homeopath in Portland, Oregon who specializes in mental illness and a naturopathic doctor in Portland who also specializes in using homeopathy for mental illness. You could do a google search on both of them, I'm sure, to find their names and office addresses.

Hope that helps!



posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Ooops. Double post. Sorry...





[edit on 26-10-2009 by nikiano]



posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Guys schizophrenia is NOT something that can just be willed away or controlled through happy thoughts and exercise. It's a very serious mental illness. One that requires a lot of discipline and professional intervention to manage and live with. However, if that happens most people can live normal lives. Anyone that suffers from it can tell you taking meds regularly is the most important thing. Of course there are varying degrees just like any mental illness. Same thing with depression. For most people it's not an illness that can just be willed away. There are sometimes very serious chemical imbalances in the brain. Does that mean everyone should just jump on medication to solve all their mental health problems. Of course not. But those who don't suffer don't realize how challenging it is. Good luck to the OPer. Without a job and benefits it makes managing something like this all the more challenging and overwhelming.

Mental health is one of the most underfunded and mismanaged areas of healthcare in the United States.



posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
im so sorry to hear this coming from you.
i did research on the illness a while back, and i find that mental illnesses especially yours, are ignored and looked over on every year even though it's a rising problem.
I am doing my best to raise mental awareness in my community and my heart goes out to you.
Thank you for being my motivation to go to Medical School. It would be my dream to make life better for people like you.
really and truly.
=]



posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Guys schizophrenia is NOT something that can just be willed away or controlled through happy thoughts and exercise. It's a very serious mental illness. One that requires a lot of discipline and professional intervention to manage and live with. However, if that happens most people can live normal lives. Anyone that suffers from it can tell you taking meds regularly is the most important thing. Of course there are varying degrees just like any mental illness. Same thing with depression. For most people it's not an illness that can just be willed away. There are sometimes very serious chemical imbalances in the brain. Does that mean everyone should just jump on medication to solve all their mental health problems. Of course not. But those who don't suffer don't realize how challenging it is. Good luck to the OPer. Without a job and benefits it makes managing something like this all the more challenging and overwhelming.

Mental health is one of the most underfunded and mismanaged areas of healthcare in the United States.


Acupuncture helps rebalance your health and energies. So basically untaps blocked energy channels. I myself should look into acupuncture therapy, I've been feeling down for a long time. I used to enjoy the things that I did back then, but things slowed down for me, and I felt unmotivated all the time, my back is aching, and for some reason I think about death more often then I ever have in my life. So I think it's a sign that I should ask for help. Later on I'll kick myself for not doing it earlier.



posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I met a woman some time back, she had been diagnosed with incureable schizophrenia.
I intrduced her mother to a Doctor who used Mega dose B-complex Vitamins for this problem.
It took three weeks, she was completely normal, during the process she did worsen for a short time and then she snapped out of it a was fine there after.
This is not a story I heard, but this was first hand, I saw this take place myself, the family was forever grateful to me and the Doctor, but I never ask for anything nor want anything.

At this time I am not aware of where this Doctor is or if he is even still alive, but I am sure some one is following up on his work.

The brain runs on sugar, but needs many other chemicals to function in the proper manner, B-complex Vitamins are one of the main ones.

Your own mental out look can also so help in these mental problems, you seem to have grasp on some part of what is real.

Hang in there things will get better if you want them to.

I also know someone very, very close to me that was diagnosed with incureable schizophrenia, that would only worsen with time.
I believe they were wrong and things only seem to get better with time.



[edit on 26-10-2009 by googolplex]



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epipactis
Sorry to read of your woes wantsome.

A few thoughts that I hope will help:
Ask yourself this, or even your doctor/psychiatrist ~ What is the difference between a psychic/telepath and a schizophrenic?
The answer is none in a metaphysical sense of understanding.


BRAVO! This is the only correct response posted. I record the same voices you're hearing; photograph the same images you're seeing and I can hear them myself but not constantly. The beings are NOT a mental illness, they are external and separate from you. You know this and that's why you are here. You are lacking the veils that most of us have to block them out.

When they start to harass, immediately say a prayer for them, you will be amazed at the response that comes back. Countless lives could be saved if the lies and BS from the medical community would stop, as I can assure you, a great many of them have figured out the truth.

God bless you.



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GROUP6
 

Yes this is interesting concept, I have noticed upon falling asleep as I drift off, I hear voices.
They say differnt things most of which I do not understand, sometimes soft whispers sometimes yealing out differnt things.
Another thing is when in dream state, I have noticed things are wrong in relation to the real world, things work and fit together in impossible ways.
Just some thing to think about the way the brain works, or differs in the way it works in the waking state and if there is any possible connection with people who have mental problems.

I read a book sometime back and it was writen by a woman who had recovered from schizophrenia.
It was interesting book and told how at the onset she was in the woods and noticed that the woods had some how changed, and if I remember correctly the trees and other things had begin to talk to her.
Maybe she was just seeing and hearing something that was really, like in Carlos Castanada's books where Don Juan spoke of the fact that Trees speak and had a lanuege of their own, but it was hard for the average human to understand, unless they were in a altered state.
In our modern society it would be Abbie Normal for this to occurr, and would be concidered crazy, to the native shaman it could be concider normal as the Sprits were in everything, the water , sun, trees and so on, just to be able to hear them.

Some wait and listen that they might hear the voice of the Creator speak to to them, as they pray, but if Creator did really speak to them they would be diagnosed as being somewhat crezy.



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Yeah, I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder bout two years ago. Now, it is beginning to degenerate into mania, rage, low level of paranoia.... et cetera. I know how you feel to a degree.



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex

Yes this is interesting concept, I have noticed upon falling asleep as I drift off, I hear voices.


This phenomenon is not considered pathological and is quite common.

Hypnagogia

Hallucination



[edit on 2009/10/27 by GradyPhilpott]



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
the medical drugs will never cure it, only will make worse, drugs only 'removes' symptoms by dumbing you, make you sleep

schizofrenia is often coused by heavy metals in the system, only clean rational mind can be in the clean body

try maybe researching how to clean your body from toxins and years of drug abuse, chelation therapy etc, i don't know how i can help else



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If you were born in ancient times you would have been brought in front of a Shaman and your gift honed. Today they don't know what to do with so you so they stuff you with worthless drugs.

For all the people who claim to have some illness, have you ever taken any high doses of psychedelics? I wonder if you notice any resemblance with the hallucinations.



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by angelx666
 


Medication for schizophrenia is never referred to as a *cure*. It is simply like you said something that will dull the symptoms so you are fit or atleast more capable of living a normal life and functioning day to day.Same goes with meds for severe depression or anxiety,don't cure just allow you to function.



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome
 


I know you probably want "care answers" but its just not how i act.

Could you tell me how it is to be schizophrenic? What kind of behaviour do you have? Is it multi personalities? I just don't get this "illness". How does it work?



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
saw this today and thought of this thread. hope it is a help in the future!



New 'schizophrenia gene' prompts researchers to test potential drug target



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
I met a woman some time back, she had been diagnosed with incureable schizophrenia.
I intrduced her mother to a Doctor who used Mega dose B-complex Vitamins for this problem.
It took three weeks, she was completely normal, during the process she did worsen for a short time and then she snapped out of it a was fine there after.
This is not a story I heard, but this was first hand, I saw this take place myself, the family was forever grateful to me and the Doctor, but I never ask for anything nor want anything.

At this time I am not aware of where this Doctor is or if he is even still alive, but I am sure some one is following up on his work.

The brain runs on sugar, but needs many other chemicals to function in the proper manner, B-complex Vitamins are one of the main ones.

Your own mental out look can also so help in these mental problems, you seem to have grasp on some part of what is real.

Hang in there things will get better if you want them to.

I also know someone very, very close to me that was diagnosed with incureable schizophrenia, that would only worsen with time.
I believe they were wrong and things only seem to get better with time.



[edit on 26-10-2009 by googolplex]


Excellent post. I suffered from psychosis for years, and when it got to the point that I falsely accused my best friend of something wrongly, I decided to get help. The high-dose vitamin treatment is called orthomolecular therapy. It was first coined by Linus Pauling, the only single two-time nobel laureate.

Please OP, take the time to look into this therapy. I took high-dose vitamins and noticed help instantly. It took several months to really balance out, but was well worth it all. You could have something called pyroluria, abnormal histamine levels, or cerebral allergies. I had severe pyroluria and slightly depressed histamine levels.







Orthomol ecular Treatment for Schizophrenia

[edit on 27-10-2009 by unityemissions]



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
My x-husband had this disorder. It progressed as he got older.
It was markedly worse when he drank alcohol, and he was an alcoholic that's probably why it got worse. He remained in denial about his condition.

So take note anyone who is having this problem.

No alcohol.
And NO MSG or Aspartame. They are both neurotoxins that stimulate the nerves and will make your symptoms worse. Read labels. NO soft drinks.
Buying food is a problem and these substances are in almost everything.
MSG is frequently called by other names.
Go to truth in labeling
for more info.
Beware of pesticides...they are nerve poisons.
Throw out perfumes and colognes.
I'm MSG/glutamate sensitive as well as being sensitive to other chemicals.
They give me a roaring head fog and other discomforts.
I use Ivory soap and Ivory dish soap. I use an unscented laundry soap.

Learn to cook from scratch. Buy fresh veggies and fresh meats--Organic if you can afford it.

And yes, B Vitamins can be a great help. They can calm your nerves.

I wish you well,
O.Z.



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It makes me a little sick that we live in the richest country in the history of the world, and we can't spare a few grand a month to people in your situation. Of course, we can GIVE 10 billion dollars to Exxon at the same time they're breaking the record for profits ever made in a quarter.. But we can't give some chump change to people who can't function in a normal work environment.

What the hell is wrong with this country.



new topics

top topics



 
11
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join