It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla's Spooky Spirit Radio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

This obviously has been around for a while but I just came across it and wanted to share it with you.

"My first observations positively terrified me as there was present in them something mysterious, not to say supernatural, and I was alone in my laboratory at night."
- Nikola Tesla 1901

"The sounds I am listening to every night at first appear to be human voices conversing back and forth in a language I cannot understand. I find it difficult to imagine that I am actually hearing real voices from people not of this planet. There must be a more simple explanation that has so far eluded me."
- Nikola Tesla 1918

So what is this thing?

Basically, the Tesla Spirit Radio is a crystal radio circuit in a jam-jar. It makes very strange, what some might call 'spooky' sounds by responding to input from several types of electromagnetic sources.

The popular website Instructables.com has posted an explanation of how to build one that uses your computer to make a 21st century version.

The link is here: www.instructables.com...

Here's a Youtube video of the Spirit Radio in action. It is indeed very spooky!

I'm tempted to build one....has anyone in ATS-land ever had any experience with this?

[edit on 26-10-2009 by ImplausibleDeniability]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ImplausibleDeniability

Elvis? Come in Elvis!

Just messing aorund - Nikola Tesla is one of my all-time heroes!

S&F

I might look into building ths as well! Probably even get a grant to do so lol

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
You just made by day.

I have never heard of Van Eck Phreaking. Even if I had, had I not HEARD it I probably would not have made the connection.

I am one of the people who hear high frequency sounds that are NOT tinnitus. Not all the time mind, but quite a lot.

(for the people who automatically want to argue that with me - my hearing does test out high, and is excellent, and tinnitus doens't direction or locality. One cannot walk away and back into tinnitus. so yes, I know it isn't tinnitus.)

Those sounds are pretty much what I hear but way louder.

I wondered if what I hear is EM or RF.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
LOL apparently some research has been done into crystal radios and the blocking of beta-wave brain patterns, but I couldn't find much worth posting about in this thread.

It seems obvious that the radio is getting its energy from the movement of light/EM frequencies across the coils. But is the energy causing the noises or just allowing the noises to be heard?

And if it's the latter, where are they coming from? AM? FM? Parallel universes? Ghosts? Illuminati tin-cans phones?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I am one of the people who hear high frequency sounds that are NOT tinnitus. Not all the time mind, but quite a lot.

Hey, holy crap! I kinda have the same thing!

I can hear lights buzzing and TV's humming that my friends cannot. When I was a kid I even got a headache from a museum alarm system. It drove me mental but nobody could hear it.

I don't hear it nearly as much anymore now that I'm older...thanks for the reminder!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Interaction of photons with the radio. Does the radio make noise when the laser is stationary too?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImplausibleDeniability

Originally posted by Aeons

Hey, holy crap! I kinda have the same thing!

I can hear lights buzzing and TV's humming that my friends cannot. When I was a kid I even got a headache from a museum alarm system. It drove me mental but nobody could hear it.

I don't hear it nearly as much anymore now that I'm older...thanks for the reminder!

I've lost some of the frequencies as I've gotten older.
And the replacement of the vacuum tube TVs means that the whole world within a quarter mile doesn't go "boing" "pop" "boing" "pop" anymore.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

According to the dude who built that thing, the radio is drawing signals from across the EM field.
AM/FM, the whole shebang.

Pretty fricken' cool. This would make a neat project.

The really cool part, at least for me, is that it is light sensitive. Even LED lights.
Very cool.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I have a bit of that "trick" in me.
Enough so that I can walk into an empty house and know if there are any lights or Televisions on without looking.

I don't think I'm doing what this radio does, though.

I can also sometimes know if a person is in the house.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Implausible, that's really cool. Check out this thread right here www.abovetopsecret.com...

Tesla's alien comments are mentioned ; and after reading the thread people talk about how it's the coil he was using. The coil is different from the crystal radio though and I don't think that's what he was using to pick up on those sounds which perplexed him so much. Read that link and let me know what you think about it. I am pretty sure this is what was being used to pick up those sounds as opposed to the coil. Tesla could very well have been picking up sounds and maybe even speech from another world.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
dragonsmusic, that is a great thread.

Tesla is a really fantastic character, I would dearly love to have met the man and gotten some of those lost schematics.

Did you see a movie called The Prestige? David Bowie played him in it...great flick.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Totally agreed. And I have not heard of that film, though I am a fan of both Bowie and Tesla. I'm not very popculturally aware(by that I mean I don't watch a lot of film or tv shows), but I will definitely check it out! Thanks.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Thanks a LOT!!!

I sent the link to my dad who is going to build me one!!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Tesla is one of my heroes too, a technician with passion.

He could converse eloquently about trapping signals from mars or describe the Shakespearean beauty of an Osprey.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This appears to be just a crude spectrum analyzer. The sound from the window color and movement is em noise from the lcd screen.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Nikola Tesla was one hell of an interesting guy and is really fun to research. He made all kinds of cool inventions and blue prints for inventions that he never got to make.

I have heard of this particular invention before and am not quite sure how it works. It appears that perhaps it is able to pick up electricity/static in the air and convert it into sound waves....?

If that is the case, there is nothing ghostly about it.. Unless ghosts are made of electricity... But that is assuming that my feelings on how it may work are correct....

Thanks for sharing... So cool.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
This would make a good GHOST hunting tool.....
Who knows we might see it on Ghost Hunters, that would be cool....

I going to build one asp

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Wow, that's pretty awesome. I loved its reaction to the moving of the colors on the monitor, pretty intense. I would love to try and build one of these but i doubt i have the tech know-how to pull it off, even with a guide.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Spooky Tesla Spirit Radio

Instructions:
www.instructables.com...

Link if that doesn't work:

55 votes but don't know how much he needs or what
the other items are.

ED: extra pictures:

that one needed the special link... control character inside

[edit on 11/14/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

[edit on 11/14/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I like this,plenty of crystals around these ways.
My favourite being Blue John.Wonder what that would sound like?

Though it certainly explains a lot about the different noises that i hear,maybe it is something that has always been with me but only really hearing hums and explosions over the past 10 years.
Ethernets sound like the engaged phone tone to me,no-one believed me till the cat heard it.
Does anyone know if it matters what type of crystals you use?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join