It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamic 'Lie' & Other Fun Facts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

The facts are in scripture...not my opinion.

This is one of the best oxymorons I have seen of late

I told myself I was going to stay out of this thread but I could not resist.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun
Jeez everyone here so far has missed the BIG point.

ALLAH was a pagan moon god, one of 300!

Is it sinking in? what i'm TRYING to explain?

ITS B*LL#

[edit on 26-10-2009 by jeddun]

ALL RELIGION IS BS!

So what if its a pagan moon god of 300? What makes this any crazier then your god? An invisible all-knowing entity who is everywhere in space and time, perfect without any faults who "speaks to you" and is judging you?.....

Don't people get commited to mental institutions for less insane ramblings?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
First of all, nice post! Secondly I'd like to point out a couple of things:
Jesus and god are two seperate individuals of like spirit. (you wouldn't pray to yourself.)
God says there are more than one god, he says he's the only TRUE god.
In Genesis god said "let US make men in our image", denoting plural.
God let Satan rule this earth long ago. If he didn't, then Satan would not had been able to offer it to Jesus when he was praying on the mount.(Jesus would have known if it wasn't his to give or not.)

All this being said, study all faiths, pray to god to help you gather the real truth.

I've had Muslim teachers. They care about their fellow man as long as they are Muslim only, when it comes to survival. This, in my opinion is the tale tale sign of a true religion. Yes, Christians have murdered and pilaged to gain converts. This was done by large "religious groups" using religion as a guise to further their worldly exploits. Real Christians will help anyone. I can't say the same for Muslims. I hope to be proved wrong.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
its the worlds over political correctness you can't say anything that might look derogatory because u might upset someone . please! back in the day if a group of mostly Japanese attacked up we didn't declare war on india for it. when 911 happened all this political correctnesss got out of hand and it started because if goverment didn't try to label most muslims as moderate and friendly they were fearful of mobs attacking american muslims and pissing off friendly muslim nations.and the sad thing is if nobody all them years ago had been fair and told the saudis they had valuable oil all you would be hearing about muslims would be about the history of the crusades.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I am an Anti Theist so honestly I think this whole thing is ludicrous. I find it amusing however, that in your argument you basically describe the Islamic God as an actual GOD, and your God as an emotional and personal three beings lol. How dare you perpetuate such violence, it is you inability to accept things that has plunged the world into the chaos that it is.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

isn't it pointless to debate something that there is no proof of even exists? everyone accepts that there is a god so easily with no proof just bibles that humans wrote (sci-fi/ fantasy novel) but if u say there are aliens oh no give me proof or i wont belive it, hypocracy

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

amen brotha!!

Mod Note: One Line Post � Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/27/2009 by TheRedneck]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
reply to post by jeddun

Oh for Darwin's sake...
Islam is an offshoot of Judaism just like Christianity.

These "my god is bigger than your god" arguments are so Middle Ages.
And they belong in the trash bin of history, just like all the rest of that backward thinking.

Star from me. Well said.

Mod Note: One Line Post � Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/27/2009 by TheRedneck]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by IFA420
reply to post by jeddun

isn't it pointless to debate something that there is no proof of even exists? everyone accepts that there is a god so easily with no proof just bibles that humans wrote (sci-fi/ fantasy novel) but if u say there are aliens oh no give me proof or i wont belive it, hypocracy

Have you ever seen your brain?
I mean the one between your ears?
No, I mean your own actual grey matter?
No?
Then how do you know it exists? You don't. You have faith, because you were told without it, you'd be dead.

I know god is real. A majority of everything on earth gets more dense as it freezes. Not water. It gets less dense. Therefore it floats. If it didn't we'd die because all the water would freeze when the ice formed and fell to the bottom and repeated. Fish would die, no food. It turns out god was THINKING when he created things. He even allowed people like you not to believe. Maybe if you put more time into using your grey matter and not listening to what sounds hip, you could come up with some interesting tidbits to prove your side.
'just saying.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
First of all, why would God want to be all gods in all religions. Think about it, he would never be known by anyone as a true identity. Second, God being our creator would be the source of all truth meaning he would be one God which on a particle level it comes down to one, henceforth wanting his creation to know him as one God not many. Third, I find this series of statements/questions to sum it all up. "Humans are imperfect by default, because they need proof to develop a connection with their creator rather than accepting him by faith. However unlikely they try to aimlessly derive proof from content only generated by themselves, through underlying values that they assign to individuals via credibility. Henceforth they will most likely struggle with having faith, due to whoever they deem as credible for defining God, because despite their imperfect conception that person they choose would then be placed incorrectly as better than God. Therefore, how can an imperfect person who was created define its perfect creator even in simple forms such as language?"

Bottom line their is only one God and The Holy Trinity is it. The Holy Bible is flawless being written over 1600 years as one continous book as if it only had one author. It outlines the inception of the greatest reconciliation of the human spirit and gives us a greater understanding of the PERFECT LAMB OF GOD which by our imperfect understanding we sacrificed (Jesus Christ) as Gods children so that he can act as intercessor for our spirit to be one with God. Its all their understand it live it, witness his power! It is glorious

I choose the BIBLE as being the only book to contain the WORD OF GOD! It is the only book that claims so over 2700 times.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

I think jeddun displays a good knowledge.
In Genesis God says, "Let us make man in "our" image."
The Christian God is one God manifested as three. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
God never had sex with a woman He is a spirit.
God gave Himself (love) for us. God was in a man's body reconciling the world back to Himself.
God came before the Caesars.
What about the Jews not doing what God said? God's not a prick. The devil was messing with Job and God told the devil not to take his life. Lot moved into sin city and Moses didn't do everything God told him to do.
If allah is infintely loving then why are the women in Islam treated worse than dogs?

why on earth do "christians" today still use the terminology "holyspirit"

its called female.

without the holy spirit you dont get man

holyspirit + god = man/son
holyspirit + holy spirit = nothing
god + god = nothing

the trinity is even in the hebrew language ,

dad+mon=child

trinity abc

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
reply to post by Hack28

LOL! I loved that episode!

Anyway, I'm sure there are lots of insane atheists. But they don't kill other people for not being atheists '-)
So, in my book anyway... if you subscribe to a religion, you buy the whole package. It's not buffet style ala carte, no matter how much the person wants it to be.

Actually religion has simply been a major way for people to view themselves as superior to other people. The "holier than thou" viewpoint.

The religion of atheism is no different. In many circumstances I see atheists seeing themselves as more intelligent, of higher mind, and in the midst of their view, putting down the religious because of their perspective. It is really no different than any other religion and the basic human necessity to feel better than other people.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Op I tend to agree with your post, Islam is as made up has it comes... Look at the teachings of the nation of Islam here in America, it was nothing but a "Black Pride" Religion borrowed from Arabs and Africans.

Disclaimer I am not a Christian or a true one at that, I have read the bible many times but I have too many questions than answers, but I am finding eerily similar things in the biblical prophecy than any other time....

Now i have also read the Holy Quran and I have to say wow. That book is so backwards look at what it has done to the Arabs. Arabs gave us Geometry and Algebra, there were a group of humans who were more advanced then the Romans or Greeks. All of a sudden a thug name Mohammad shows up and they have been stuck there ever since. Europe went through its dark times, but we pulled through it, America went through its dark days but were pulling through it now. The Arab world has been stuck in its dark days for 2000 years, no that horrible and it’s all because of Islam.

Cut it up and dice it any way you want to, flame it up but when you get down to it Islam is holding back Arabs, Like Christianity did to Europe.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NEWclearMind

Originally posted by IFA420
reply to post by jeddun

Have you ever seen your brain?
I mean the one between your ears?
No, I mean your own actual grey matter?
No?
Then how do you know it exists? You don't. You have faith, because you were told without it, you'd be dead.

I know god is real. A majority of everything on earth gets more dense as it freezes. Not water. It gets less dense. Therefore it floats. If it didn't we'd die because all the water would freeze when the ice formed and fell to the bottom and repeated. Fish would die, no food. It turns out god was THINKING when he created things. He even allowed people like you not to believe. Maybe if you put more time into using your grey matter and not listening to what sounds hip, you could come up with some interesting tidbits to prove your side.
'just saying.

God was thinking when he created the thermodynamic properties of water?

By that logic, then what was he thinking when he created congenital diseases that ruin the lives of innocent children? What was he thinking when he created earthquakes? I could go on, but you get the point, Your argument conveniently selects the things that make the world a hospitable place for life and then ignores those things that don't.

As far as faith goes, yes, people have faith and they need it to believe a few basic things, we all must at least agree that we believe that the world works according to some patterns that are recognizable, and that do not change from place to place or from time to time. We all agree that cause comes before effect and not the other way around.

All these principles cannot be proven but we all believe them. But so what? Just because faith is absolutely necessary for your brain to even begin working and recognizing stuff around it doesn't mean that faith in god in particular is sufficient to demonstrate it's "reality".

-rrr

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

I personally love the 72 virgins bit. Considering it's heaven and you're there for eternity, what happens after they're not virgins anymore? I mean dang... gimmee a week for that... maybe two. Then the rest of the endless buhjillion years is gonna be a massive let down!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

he created all things. Some good some bad. You are right. I have many times asked myself similiar questions. Why did god do what he did? I really don't know. I'd have to ask him. I did enjoy your intelligent comment. Using my opinion, and not scripture, I would have to say, the bad things help you appreciate the good. And there is still some beauty in the bad. One man's junk is another man's treasure.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

i was under the notion it was raisins not virgins

you get 72 "seeds" of new life

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NEWclearMind

good and bad is your own preception , has nothing to do with god.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

Oooh I bet Zarqawi is kicking himself!

The last few comments here remind me of the beginning of the Uwe Boll version of the game Postal.

Two Jihadists arguing over how many virgins in paradise, decide to call bin laden.

"He says maybe 10 at most!"
"10? I was promised 100 virgins!!"
'Screw this, lets go to the Bahamas!!"

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

72 Raisins...? Seriously? I never heard that. Boy I bet there are quite a few good muslims in heaven feeling a tad slighted right now, lol. If I was expecting virgins and god was like, here's your two scoops... enjoy. I'd be pretty honked at him.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join