It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamic 'Lie' & Other Fun Facts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I never post but this hurt my heart.

As a Christian woman 48 years old, I have been in the Pentecostal Church most of my life. That being said....

This thread starter needs to take some classes at his local university.
Critical Thinking, racism and the media, modern middle east, APA, middle eastern history, Christian history, communications.

IF I were narrow and I would be a judgemental soul...then everyone but those of us who have repented, been baptized in the name Of Jesus Christ for the remission of sin and recieved the Holy Ghost with evidence of speaking in "other tounges", would be doomed to hell fire. (acts 2:38).
The women must wear dresses and skirts (no mens clothing)
Never cut their hair (ever hair=glory=covering) or you will be doomed
No make up
No movies
No TV........

Most important was the teaching that you must have the "revelation of ONE GOD" NO Trinity. Trinity is of the devil. Jesus Christ is tought as God manifested in the flesh. He transends time and space so he could easily have prayed to himself (quantum physics and all that).

With all due respect, I love my Muslim brothers and sisters. We are all from the same family. We are the same.

Therefore, in order to gain a clearer understanding of the history, richness and wonder of such a subject, I recommend studies at a near by University on this subject. You will gain understanding and perspective.

The point of the introduction is this,
When we narrow our perspective of each other we are just wrong.
The Christian religon is so, so very divided.
We can not even agree on who God is or who Jesus is.

Who is "the father, son, holy Ghost"?

The scripture uses "name" singular. Those others are titles.

I just finished an International studies course on the modern middle east. I am studing the history of the region and the Islamic faith. I want to understand.

Contrary to popular beliefe Middle Eastern women are very highly educated and quite beautiful. They DO NOT wear black chador every where. The conservitives do but it is mostly regional. The Burka is Afghanistan. Yes most ladies of Iran will tell you personally Afgh. has issues. Middle Eastern people are quite lovely and beautiful. Do not be prejudice or bias.

This whole misunderstanding makes me so sad.
Educate and respect each other.
We are one family.

I certainly hope this did not come out wrong or hostile as I am very soft spoken.
I must go to work now.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
What an irrelevant, ignorant and useless thread. Shouldn't ATS come up with a "bash the muslims" forum so that we can keep all the idiots in one place?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This is a classic example of why I do not subscribe to any particular religion anymore.

Religious dogma's can always be used for self-centered agenda's.

And IMO it is arrogant, and self-centered to believe that one way is the only way or the right way.

Peace.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I agree, Islam should be bashed and showed up as the scam it really is.

Along with Judism, Christianity, and all other established religious businesses.

They all are false gods.

Jesus practiced individual spirituality and connection to the divine...he wasnt a big fan of organized religion...insofar as he went and tried to destroy the temple...yep, not big on it.

Sooo...what did the followers do when he died?...well they started another organized religion of course to mock his life and message...blew apart the personal connection aspect and turned it into a business where salvation comes only through their institution.

Religion...what a scam...a perfect way to control and stop personal spiritual growth.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

Oh for Darwin's sake...
Islam is an offshoot of Judaism just like Christianity.

These "my god is bigger than your god" arguments are so Middle Ages.
And they belong in the trash bin of history, just like all the rest of that backward thinking.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Better get your crossbow out.

This nonsense and circular argumentation is going to continue until people stop having blind faith.

Originally posted by Angus123
reply to post by jeddun

Oh for Darwin's sake...
Islam is an offshoot of Judaism just like Christianity.

These "my god is bigger than your god" arguments are so Middle Ages.
And they belong in the trash bin of history, just like all the rest of that backward thinking.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Research current events as well as scripture first...then look at the state of the world today...i also compel you to 'see' how they operate...for a people 'so enamored by faith', the Muslims, why shed SO much innocent blood? why willfully execute Christians in front of their families just for NOT being Muslim? What crime did they commit aside from being apostates? please do some research. Im trying to enlighten people here not argue with them as to the true directive of Islam..

[edit on 26-10-2009 by jeddun]

Exactly... I mean, Christians never executed anyone for not being Christian.
Oh... wait...
So... does your god not demand that anymore or has he not "changed?"

Sorry mate but Islam, Christianity, Judaism... makes no difference. You're all nuts.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The message that everyone misses when it comes to religion is this simple fact:

Have Faith And Love!

That's it, and it's very simple. Everything else is man made, and man interpreted.

The bible was originally written in Hebrew, so translating it to English will of course change its meaning because the translators could add whatever they wanted.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who takes books from thousands of years ago serious, needs to take a step back and stop being brainwashed.

Hatred is not the answer, and if you think "hate" when it comes to other religions other than yours, then you are not reading the essence of the message.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
As uneducated and selective as this thread was I got one good thing out of it. The amount of people on here that have been defending Islam or if not defending holding it to the same scrutiny to that of Western Religion.
Any extreme wing of any Religion can be used to show, shockingly, extreme points of view.
To pick and choose idealolgies and use those as a basis for an argument is a completely unfounded way to make a valid point towards anything. I am very pleased to see so many fellow ATS'ers are aware of this.
Cheers to the commenters!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

I guess it would matter if any of those gods existed. Otherwise, why don't those gods fight each other and then the winner can come and tell the world what the true religion is?

How can multiple gods coexist? and if only one god exists, on what basis can a person decide which one is the correct one?

-rrr

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Research current events as well as scripture first...then look at the state of the world today...i also compel you to 'see' how they operate...for a people 'so enamored by faith', the Muslims, why shed SO much innocent blood? why willfully execute Christians in front of their families just for NOT being Muslim? What crime did they commit aside from being apostates? please do some research. Im trying to enlighten people here not argue with them as to the true directive of Islam..

[edit on 26-10-2009 by jeddun]

Exactly... I mean, Christians never executed anyone for not being Christian.
Oh... wait...
So... does your god not demand that anymore or has he not "changed?"

Sorry mate but Islam, Christianity, Judaism... makes no difference. You're all nuts.

Your starting to sound like the futur in South Park, where there are wars over science. Dont call all religions nuts as your lifestyle choice is also your own form of religion and can be hijaked/manipulated/ and abused the same way any organized religion can. Have Atheist's never said anything or done anything you thought was insane?
Perhaps the same question can be posed a hundred years form now when Atheistism is the dominant view on earth. And how long after that do they start killing people in the name of no god?
If we as humans have one predicatble evolutionary trait it is that we will kill.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
There are soooo many intelligent people on this site but I cannot understand their continued belief in religion.

Yes, I used to be a hardcore Christian fundie but had an expensive exit from the faith when I ran into a 'Christian' con man. - www.swindledforjesus.com... for my story.

So 'God' is going to toss a large section of the world into the flames just because we happend to be born on raised on the wrong religion?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAUTERMILCH

There are soooo many intelligent people on this site but I cannot understand their continued belief in religion.

Yes, I used to be a hardcore Christian fundie but had an expensive exit from the faith when I ran into a 'Christian' con man. - www.swindledforjesus.com... for my story.

So 'God' is going to toss a large section of the world into the flames just because we happend to be born on raised on the wrong religion?

Im not a religious person but i do take offence to you implying that only stupid people partake in Religion.
As a previous woman of faith i would hope you understood that a vast majority of people with strong religious convictions believe in those for the morals and beliefs they instill, not necessarily the tales of the Bible.
As a "newly intelligent woman" as your post alludes to you should realize at best we can say "some relious theories have logical flaws in them, until i Die i wont know and when i know i cant tell you, so lets assume noone is right or wrong but they have the ability and freedom to choose for themselves.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

LOL! I loved that episode!

Anyway, I'm sure there are lots of insane atheists. But they don't kill other people for not being atheists '-)
So, in my book anyway... if you subscribe to a religion, you buy the whole package. It's not buffet style ala carte, no matter how much the person wants it to be.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Hack28

LOL! I loved that episode!

Anyway, I'm sure there are lots of insane atheists. But they don't kill other people for not being atheists '-)
So, in my book anyway... if you subscribe to a religion, you buy the whole package. It's not buffet style ala carte, no matter how much the person wants it to be.

Buffet style ala carte is a good point, id agree with that.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I think many people agree with the OP. I don't, but I know many people who do. I think the reason for it is that there is so much fundamentalist extremism associated with Islam: Al Qaida, the Taliban, the theocracy in Iran, and all of these groups: Soldiers of God, Army of God, etc. Plus the way religion is a big part of the law in many Muslim countries.

It's easy to think that, until you meet some normal Muslims, who really are the majority.

There are passages in the Old Testament which are alarmingly extreme. A son who cursed his father is supposed to be killed, for example.

There is more extremism in Islam that any other significant religion, but that's because most of those countries did not go through the Renaissance or the Industrial Revolution. They essentially went from medieval societies straight into the the modern era. Do you have any idea how extreme Christianity was hundreds of years ago? Ever hear of the Inquisition?

link   
Although I agree with your views against Islam, I don't think they should be persecuted or have their faith shut down. If I want to believe in a flying spaghetti monster, then by sauce, let me! Until I start killing people saying my "god" told me to. Then I should be persecuted for my wrongdoings. Islam in itself is not harmful, just as a gun by itself is not harmful. The wrong people with guns, or Islam, are harmful. And I agree, Islam is an evil religion of hate, but it is the right of the people to be evil and hateful.

Edit:
I also agree with ClintK above me. Really any religion can be turned into a machine of destruction. The Inquisition, yes. Terrible example of religious hatred. When you start shutting down one faith, you need to shut them all down. And we can't do that.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by OrphenFire]

link   
reply to post by Nammu

I appreciate that a lot of people in this thread have a deep understanding of religion, much more than my own in fact, but I remain unconvinced that this is not different than comparing superman to spiderman.

Whether or not this discussion is identical to a comic book nerd's obsession with detail purely depends on whether any of these religions are "true"

Clearly they aren't ALL true because they contradict each other.

Since the way people select religions (by and large) is by environmental exposure (clearly nobody here ever heard of Yuquiyu, the true god of the taino) therefore the process of selecting a religion is haphazard and not influenced by any external all-powerful being. It is much easier to wait until the time that any god or gods make their presence obvious and just stop investing time and hopes in beliefs that are not supported by any evidence.

Maybe then people can take responsibility for their own actions and find meaning in the relationships they have with each other and their own sense of what's right and wrong.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Where's the palm --> face emoticon when you need it?

I highly recommend every person in this forum read this
www.amazon.com...

"If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but if he will be content to begin with doubts he shall end in certainties."
Sir Francis Bacon

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Does any of this sound ridiculous?

When you die a martyr you get 70 virgins in heaven.

When you run out of wine, don't worry God will whip up a
bath-tub full...he likes to party.

When you pray always face one direction. Everybody knows god is...
over there in THAT direction...irregardless of the position of the
galaxy or universe...he's over THERE.

When you kill your enemies, KILL THEM ALL...except for the young
girls...take them as slaves or sell them into prostitution...oh, and kill
ALL the animals as well.

Do not kill.

Do not eat cows.

Do not eat pigs.

Do not eat for twelve hours.

Do not eat during the day.

Only eat fish on Friday...Friday is the fifth, no wait sixth day
of the week.

Do not do any work on the Sabbath.

Pray...ALOT...worship...ALOT...God likes the positive affirmation
that you really like him. And if you pray ~just right~ he'll get rid of
your ugly freckles, or make sure your team wins.

Heavenly streets paved in gold...Hopefully fully paid for...I'd hate to think
God carried a mortgage.

Honor your Father and Mother, and hope they're not pedophiles or abusive,
but honor them anyway...God says so.

..... I could go on for hours
...bleh

How about this? From kindergarten...a one sentence religious text
that trumps ALL bibles put together...

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

nuff said...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join