It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A philosophical thought about obidience.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Greetings, fellow Earthling's! This is my first thread, hopefully it will be a good one!

This thought became an idea a few days when I was engaging in an experience that TPTB would condone as a misdemeanor. Although this has been decriminalized in my county, it is still against the law. This is where it hit me. I questioned myself, "why is it I could get in trouble for partaking in something that is safer than alcohol and produces feelings of happiness for me?" What gives people the right to tell me what I can and cannot do?

Maybe the people are more interested in my well being, or perhaps it's just a scam to create revenue and maintain control. I really don't honestly believe things are the way they are because of a interest in our well being. If this were true, they would outlaw alcohol immediately. It really baffles me... our system that we govern ourselves by. It makes me want to say "America, Land of the Greedy, Home of the Slave."

I wonder if things will get better in the future. I imagine a future without any laws expect three.

1. Life is sacred, do not kill others.
2. Life is meant to be an experience, so do whatever interests you! Unless the desired experience conflicts with Law 1.
3. Have fun, live abundant and prosperous, & care for your fellow being. For we are all here together.

Hopefully this short thought on obedience has opened some new perspectives on our system of governance. Would love to hear your thoughts & opinions on this subject.

With that, I would like to wish you all a peaceful & prosperous life.

-Omni

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by InfiniteOmnipresence

I really don't honestly believe things are the way they are because of a interest in our well being.

You are absolutely right about that, and there are a lot of people out there, myself included, who agree with you. The reason TPTB want to keep certain vices illegal is because they make more money that way than they would through legalization and taxation. It has absolutely nothing to do with concern for our well being. S&F

TA

[edit on 26-10-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm happy for you OP - its a major paradigm that many find difficult to even identify, let alone break out of.

Law is not for your benefit - it is for the benefit of those who are in control, and want to stay in control.

The only true law that we ever needed can be stated simply;

Do no harm, cause no loss.

That is the natural and moral law. We do not need other laws, all we need to do is define what constitutes loss and harm, and what penalty is appropriate for various degree's of harm and loss.

Law is a weapon - for the hand of the controller, and aimed at the people.

Disobey all unjust laws, do not support the system - break the laws whenever you can. Doing harm to corporations is morally justified - they are the source of evil and immorality.

Take your money out of the banks.
Default on your payments to banks.
Disobey and refuse to cooperate with unjust laws.
Become self sufficient - remove yourself from under their control by ensuring your own food, water and energy needs.

As a side note - alcohol was prohibited in the US initially because auto's were first produced to run on ethanol. The globalists wanted control - and they wanted them to use oil because it handed them the entire energy monopoly - and they have concentrated that power ever since.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Two words I do not adhere to are:

1) obey, no way I will adhere to rules because I do not like the consequences, if I break them, but I obey no one!

2) worship, I do not believe in worshiping anything! So I don't.
Quite fond of chocolate and tequilla but no worship.

S&F because it's your first thread.
Good luck!

[edit on 26-10-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Completely agree with you. I've had this line of thinking every since I can remember.

That's really how it should be and I hope more people realize this.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by doped00]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
There are some things that we are ill-advised to do, but I can see no justification for criminalizing people for what they put into their own bodies.

Think about all the things that could make you ill or kill you if you ingested them and ask why it's not illegal to, for example, drink washing up liquid.

It's obvious to anyone that if some things were cleaned up and controlled properly there would be less death and misery.

Of course, going out and making a nuisance of yourself or driving a vehicle whilst under the influence of anything should incur penalties.

Obedience isn't a very attractive proposition, but there's a lot to be said for self-discipline

new topics

top topics

join