It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists discover gene that 'cancer-proofs' rodent's cells

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Could a world without cancer be just around the corner? What if it weren't a cure and was a preventitive technique that could stop one from ever developing cancer?

Despite a 30-year lifespan that gives ample time for cells to grow cancerous, a small rodent species called a naked mole rat has never been found with tumors of any kind—and now biologists at the University of Rochester think they know why.

The findings, presented in today's issue of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, show that the mole rat's cells express a gene called p16 that makes the cells "claustrophobic," stopping the cells' proliferation when too many of them crowd together, cutting off runaway growth before it can start. The effect of p16 is so pronounced that when researchers mutated the cells to induce a tumor, the cells' growth barely changed, whereas regular mouse cells became fully cancerous.

"We think we've found the reason these mole rats don't get cancer, and it's a bit of a surprise," say Vera Gorbunova and Andrei Seluanov, professors of biology at the University of Rochester and lead investigators on the discovery. "It's very early to speculate about the implications, but if the effect of p16 can be simulated in humans we might have a way to halt cancer before it starts."

www.physorg.com...

This seems promising. I'm not a genetosist so i'm not really sure about "simulating the gene. I'd like to hear from someone who understands this better than myself.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Sounds good - but there are some good cancer drugs available already that you wont hear about - because they cant be patented, so the globalists cant make money from them.

If they can make money from this treatment - and it looks possible they will - they might develop it.

On the other hand - cockroaches can become resistant to pesticides, but never to being crushed under your foot.

As free people of the world - we are viewed by the globalists as cockroaches - if we become resistant to cancer, be assured that they will just resort to directly stamping out our lives.

new topics

join