It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard's atheists get religion?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Catholics? God love um'

But are they that "stealthy?"

I dunno????

OT

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
religion is also good for keeping otherwise savage individuals and groups of people in check. I can only imagine how barbaric some people would be if not for the fear of god or hell.

Exactly, that is why I became a Minister this past week and I am currently finishing my theory and the foundation of my "religion" for atheists who want to believe in the afterlife. This "religion" is based on science and the proof of the unexplained. I would have liked to call it Scientology but that is already taken.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elieser

religion is also good for keeping otherwise savage individuals and groups of people in check. I can only imagine how barbaric some people would be if not for the fear of god or hell.

Exactly, that is why I became a Minister this past week and I am currently finishing my theory and the foundation of my "religion" for atheists who want to believe in the afterlife. This "religion" is based on science and the proof of the unexplained. I would have liked to call it Scientology but that is already taken.

Well good for you!!!

clever post...

Sounds like you are on to something!

OT wishes you well friend

OT

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Catholics? God love um'

But are they that "stealthy?"

I dunno????

OT

They manage to continuously shuffle pedophile priests around and keep them completely out of the hands of the law.. so I tend think they are capable of anything..

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I hope to think they learned a hard lesson there...since settling, why would they shuffle? Doesn't add up to me....those offenders are out!

OT

Interesting first post tho, nice out-of-the-box thinking...two thumbs up

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Have we finally met some ethical atheists?

We?

Finally?

OT, the International Humanist and Ethical Union - the main international group representing the humanist movement - has been active since 1952. It's roots go significantly further back.

The IHEU is a recognized NGO and participates at the UN, UNESCO, ACHPR, and the Council of Europe. Their member groups and affiliates are involved in everything from Human Rights debates at the highest level to digging wells and building schools in third world countries.

There's nothing new about this. You're just waking up to it.

www.iheu.org...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Pretty ironic for an institution founded by reformist/Puritan fathers in the 17th century...

But then again, the real religion of the Ivy Leagues and similar institutions hasn't been Christianity for a long time. No, their religion is called "Guilt about Western culture." (Just as long as it doesn't threaten Harvard's $20-plus-billion endowment, of course...)

[edit on 10/26/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Ironic, yep that is the right term...

Thank you,

OT

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Nah, I've been awake...

Thx for the good post, very informative.

OT

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elieser

Exactly, that is why I became a Minister this past week .....

Great,
what branch? which faith?

OT

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join