It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming of the Future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hello all,

I'm having a problem, and I hoped my buddies on ATS could offer some insights.

For the past several months, I keep having the same recurring dream, and its bothering me greatly.

There are two versions of the dream. Both versions are almost identical, except for the people involved. In both dreams, the "victims" are cousins of mine.

In the dream, I'm talking to a family member (depends on which version of the dream who the family member is) and asking about when my cousin died in the car crash. The crash is always recent, and I'm just getting the details. The dream seems very realistic; no dancing elephants or hiccuping faeries to give things away.

I always wake up with the very strong feelng that something is wrong....but both cousins are alive and well. I do not believe these dreams are premonitions or prophetic in any way.

During one version of the dream, not only did my cousin die, but so did all of her brothers and sisters.

Its obviously an anxiety dream of some sort, but I can't figure it out from there.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well if you were getting memories from the future it would only happen once so the fact that the same vision is happening often but sometimes different means it is just a dream.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

From what I have read, the content of dreams tends to differ depending on if you are female or male. My point is that cars are a way more likely to figure into male dreams as literal cars than they are in female dreams.

Because cars have to do with traveling, I think maybe something to ponder is that the dream signifies something that your cousin(s) is heading for, possibly deliberately, that she finds unexpectedly blocked. This may be an actual physical destination or something else. Either way, it sounds as if having the journey cut short is highly unwelcome and possibly seriously damaging, like a car accident.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
thanks for the input! I appreciate any and all comments....I'd like to stop having the dream. It's rather off-putting to keep dreaming about dead relatives.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

Who says they only happen once? The future isn't going anywhere until you get there, so why would you only dream of it once?

Anyway to answer your question smyleegrl, there is no proof to say this is a premonition from the future. But I'm an open-minded person who knows a little on the matter so I won't rule anything out. It could be there are multiple versions because the future isn't exactly set in stone, there could be variations of the the same thing giving you the same outcome or similar outcome. It's only when you know the future, then it can completely change.

This could just be a dream your mind is making up, or it could be something more. There is no way to tell for sure. All I can advise is that you should watch out for your cousins. I mean, even if its all just a dream, making sure they're safe doesn't really hurt anybody right?

new topics

top topics

join