It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BNP-Winston Churchill Islamophobic.?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The family members of Winston Churchill deny the claims made by Nick Griffin, that the BNP would be the late Prime Mnisters party of choice.

I was unsure of Winston Churchill`s views on Islam, so decided to take a look. This is what I discovered...

By Sir Winston Churchill, from The River War, first edition, Vol. II, pages 248-50

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities - but the influence of the religion paralyzes the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, **Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith**. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome."

Based on the above quote, Mr Griffin appears to have a case, infact many of the Conservatives from that period of time would have been classed as `Islamophobic`.

The other issue concerning the use of `Military` images on BNP literature, is quite mystifying too.
The allied offensive fought against the single rule of Nazism, inorder to preserve the rights of nations to govern and culturally express themselves within their borders....is this not one of the many forms of Nationalism.?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Churchill - good wartime leader, but as a person, sadly lacking.

Why do you think he was voted out as soon as the war was over?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What he said ^

But still I don’t think that passage is necessarily “Islamophobia” I think it is, putting aside whether it is true or not, a perfectly legitimate criticism as could be levelled at any belief system be it religious, political or otherwise.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
As a rule, not everyone who expresses a disconnect or disagreement with a given group or faith, is a something-a-phobic. The tag itself suggests fear when in fact, much of the time it is nothing but a disagreement.

We see this applied today, like a battleaxe... those who do not agree with the gay lifestyle are immediately homophobics. One step further, if we disagree with Obama, we are racists.

We have learned to play with words quite well. What we have failed at, by the way, is learning how to deal with our fellow humans and our natural differences of opinion.

This 'tagging' is just as bigoted as anything that has ever occured in history.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CRB86

True, he did fit the war-mold, and appeared to thrive in this crisis.

I know that he was an `outsider`before the war, and that he was destined to return to this place after he was spent from the war effort...he was not a man of all seasons.

He does seem to have been correct in his observations of the fanatical aspect of the Islamic movement...he had had experience with `fanatics`.

Do you agree with the claims made by Nick Griffin.? regarding Churchills orientation.

I do not know for sure, but expect there to be members of the BNP that are ex-soldiers. Some of which having been engaged in conflict, holding the belief that it was a fight worth commiting to, for the good of a nation. Why are they not allowed to associate historical images, of the tools they used against an aggressor of liberty, with this cause that stands against hard-line Muslims pushing Sharia Law.?

I am confused by this apparent double standard.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

True, I did have reservations using this term, but it is the one that gets batted around in the media.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ironbutterflyrusted

All it looks like to me from reading that quote is that Winston Churchill had a big enough pair to tell the world the truth. That is why he was a great leader.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamuraiSam
reply to post by ironbutterflyrusted

All it looks like to me from reading that quote is that Winston Churchill had a big enough pair to tell the world the truth. That is why he was a great leader.

shhhhhh! the PC-brigade might hear!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I know that this is streatching the topic, but this also troubles me... the use of the myth...`the immigrants are doing the jobs, the locals/others will not do`.

The unemployment figures in England are close to 3 million, am I to believe that all these people are turning down work.?

In Hull we have the highest ammount of companies claiming bankruptcy.

Much of the unskilled work is seasonal, factory or retail, usually through an agency, which has a dislike of family men because they will not work all hours and fear the lack of payment due to cock ups in the paper chain, when expected to work a few days, filling in, at numerous places...timesheet hell.

I have worked like this before and have had friends who have been signed with the same agency as myself, waiting for work, when the next dozen positions at a factory are taken up by non-English speaking, single, male immigrants, who need help and direction, usually from other agency workers who are trying to do their own tasks and are not recognised by the company as a trainer of new staff...this has also included basic Health and Safety regarding the use of machinery.

I appreciate the BNP for voicing these concerns and for adding a little bit of reality to the debates...but I do not think they could run a country.

top topics

join