It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel rules out questioning troops about Gaza offensive

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

Ninja, I knew you didn't have anything - any proof of these canisters you claim.

You never do.

Nothing but WAF's. (Wild-Assed-Fabrications)

Maybe then you can provide definitive proof of the faces that were burned with WP, and not fire or HE. I've seen a lot of burns from HE.

For your information, WP doesn't make guts hang out. HE does that along with shrapnel from mortars or artillery, or gunshots.

My apologies - I didn't get my military experience from watching South Park. Have to try that.

Here once again is the secret. Don't attack Israel, and you won't have to worry about casualties, civilian or otherwise.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Try and keep it civil mate.
The ad hominem kid and south park jabs are saying far more about you than they are about me.

I'm not going to provide proof because I didn't add pictures of dead bodies to my favourites. Not a habit I'm into. So I'm not going to run around for you, googling stuff you can't be bothered to find.

I thought it was common knowledge. These burns also turned up in Iraq, forcing the good ol apple pie eating USMC to admit they were in fact using WP, where shortly before they had denied it.

The burns I'm talking about don't eat through clothing, it only affects organic matter like skin. I saw pictures from Iraq where civillian's clothes were completely intact, but their faces and hands, any exposed skin were burned. Lips burned off, eyes burned out, nose burned off. Any idea if that was WP?

The pictures I saw from Gaza were similar, but in addition to mummified burned skin, there was also a lot of blood.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

OK, OK. Now I KNOW you're full of ****. WP is White Phosphorous. White Phosphorous burns when exposed to oxygen, and it burns through clothes, skin, muscle, and all parts of a person.

In fact, WP is self-cauterizing - almost NO BLOOD.

To say the parts NOT covered by clothing is indicative of just HEAT, or HE.

NOT WP.

It's not what you don't know that's messing you up, it's the things you know that are absolute BS that's the problem.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by dooper]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
So if WP eats though muscle, and you got a good amount on your stomach, it wouldn't burn through your stomach but it would burn through the muscle of your leg for example? You're not making much sense.

These weapons are in use by the US and Israel, it's been proven. They are being used indisciminately, and some suggest purposely to kill civillians.

I know you're too dyed in the wool to even contemplate that US army might kill civillians for a laugh, but it's already been on the news a bunch of times. As for the Israelis, well at least they're driven by slightly more lofty ideals like Zionism.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
And about WP burning through clothes. No it doesn't.

When white phosphorus burns:
P4 + 5 O2 → 2 P2O5
The formed phosphorus pentoxide absorbs water from your tissues and quickly converts into phosphoric acid which then burns your skin:
P2O5 + 3 H2O → 2 H3PO4

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

So Israel and the US use WP? So? It's not illegal. Neither is napalm, much, much more effective than WP.

And if WP won't burn clothes, why in hell can you see it burning during the airbursts?

That article?

I don't know what they're talking about - but WP burns in contact with oxygen.

Period.

And it will indeed burn through clothes.

Napalm is better, as you get a better spread, and it STICKS.

It's like smearing butter on bread.

WP is like a glowing ice pick.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
That B.B. for Brains Nuttin'Honey is REFUSING to even LOOK at what happened in Gaza last January is typical...

Then again, Adolph Hitler REFUSED to answer ANY questions about the extermination policies of the Nazis with respect to homosexuals, what he called 'gypsies', political dissidents, the elderly, the handicapped, the mentally ill and Jews...so no surprises there !!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Yes WP isn't illegal as long as it's not used directly as a weapon. Yet for some reason the US and Israel go to great pains to deny the fact they are using it. Why is that?

And that post came from www.physicsforums.com. Maybe you should head over and inform them about how wrong they are because you were in Vietnam.

Some more stuff about WP. This from wikipedia.

These weapons are particularly dangerous to exposed people because white phosphorus continues to burn unless deprived of oxygen or until it is completely consumed. In some cases, burns are limited to areas of exposed skin because the smaller WP particles do not burn completely through personal clothing before being consumed.

In large concentration, it will go through your clothes and burn your guts out. In a less concentrated cloud, it will merely get into your lungs and burn your skin off, while leaving your clothes more or less intact.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

WP is not illegal. All major nations have it in their inventory. It's very ineffective as a weapon, but in a pinch can be made to work against personnel in the open.

It's inefficient.

Napalm is great.

High Explosive is highly effective, and even cluster bombs are just variations of HE.

I used WP for clearing bunkers. Loved it. So you don't really have to try to explain what it does.

I used it. I saw first hand.

Your physicists? They generally deal in milliliters and milligrams of materials. I doubt many of your physicists used it in combat.

Could be wrong - but I doubt it or they wouldn't have spoken in terms of such small quantities.

One more time: WP is not illegal. It is a legal weapon used for many purposes.

And collateral damage is collateral.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Dooper you don't need to explain it to me. I know how the UN law works. WP is only illegal if used directly as a weapon to kill people with. When it is used as cover it is totally legal.

You've used it yourself but you don't know how it works. Without moisture it would not work at all. It sucks moisture directly out of the atmosphere, off our skin, anywhere it can get it. With oxygen and moisture it reacts, and converts into acid and burns.

I can only imagine in vietnamese jungles with a lot of moisture in the air, and having a whole canister or three inside an area as small as a bunker, WP would be totally devastating and produce slightly different results to people who had been only exposed to a relatively thin cloud of the stuff, in an open and well ventilated area, in desert conditions with far less moisture in the air.

Different situations and enviroments produce different results with the stuff. The pictures of corpses were what keyed the media into the fact that WP was even being used.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Yeah, here are some photos of WP and it's effects on human beings which only someone with no sense of morality can appreciate. A very "inefficient" weapon indeed!

images.google.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

For the last time, don't tell me how it needs moisture. It needs oxygen. That's it.

My WP grenades were cylindrical. You could shake it and hear the liquid inside sloshing.

I carried four MOS's in the military. One from SF was the team engineer, and i had extensive explosives training.

I know the chemistry of WP.

Your sources are in error. To burn, WP needs oxygen. In fact, if you have some burning through your hand, if you can dip it into water, it shuts off the oxygen, and stops the burning.

Of course, you can't get to the hospital that way, but it will give you a break.

DON"T NEED MOISTURE!

OXYGEN!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Yes it needs oxygen to burn, it already comes with liquid inside to provide the component needed for the chemical reaction to create acid. But the real killer is the moisture. The oxygen only catalyzes the process of turning the stuff into acid, otherwise it would burn through the canister.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

The two pictures of the same guy- the one with his back showing?

THat's WP.

The others were not WP. Use your own eyes and see the dissimilarities.

Holes burned into the one guy, and everyone else had surface burns.

Good God Almighty! Look at the source! Someone has a box of matches go off in his pocket, and they would claim WP.

As we can see from this thread, most folks wouldn't know WP if it splashed up and bit them in the ass.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

You're not getting it.

Military WP is liquid.

Not powder.

All it needs is oxygen - which it gets upon the charge splitting it open.

That's why you see it burning in the sky!

Damn!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I've already made my points and provided proof, which I said I wasn't going to do. What a waste of time.

I'll reiterate though, Dooper you have seen WP used inside a bunker, it is basically an acid grenade, inside a bunker that's going to eat through everything.

However, as you know, when it's shot above an area, it forms an acidic cloud. Which gets all over people in varying degrees of concentration, depending on how far above the ground it was fired from, and how much moisture is in the atmosphere. The pictures of those burnt corpses, with mostly intact clothing was the trademark sign of WP! It is how the story broke that the US was using the stuff in Iraq in the first place.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
isiria.files.wordpress.com...

That must be just fireworks, right Dooper?

Incendiary weapons are banned under international law. Even stockpiling them can lead to sanctions, unless you are a favorable country or superpower. Obviously militaries are equipped with them and they use them, but it doesn't make it legal or morally right.

As for you calling the UN useless? I guess it must only be useless when Israel is being fairly called out, because the UN didn't seem so useless in the past when it blocked political sanctions against Israel via American veto power.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I don't know if you're that misinformed, or just pretending to be.

Military WP is the liquid version that is quite active. It's pyrophoric, meaning it ignites upon being exposed to the atmosphere, specifically oxygen.

Military WP is not prohibited by any treaties the US has signed, and apparently not by any treaties that Israel has signed.

WP is not, let me repeat NOT prohibited or restricted by Protocol III of the CCWC.

So don't tell me how it works, what it looks like when it gets on a person, and for damn sure - don't tell me it's illegal.

Not according to any international body, not according the the UN, and not according to Protocol III of the CCWC.

It's good for observers, concealed combatants where HE would either be overly destructive or unable to reach combatants.

It's used to scatter combatants from trenches and spider holes, observers and combatants on roofs, and the like.

It's good to go.

To man a roof, a trench, a window, behind a wall, you are exposed to something. WP addresses some of those "somethings."

Thus its perfectly legal status.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Read the above, and stop repeating dumbass statements made by Palestinians.

WP is legal, and is not restricted or prohibited by Protocol III of the CCWC.

Check it out for yourself.

For a change.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Oh the drama. Are you getting confused in your old age Doop? I'm not saying it's illegal.

Because of the burns found on the dead in Fallujah, the US army was confronted, and admitted using WP in the area which caused the deaths. What do you have to say about that?

The mummified looking corpses you saw were caused by WP, there's no wriggle room, it's a fact. I dont care if you personally offed a couple of million "charlie" yourself using WP you're not going to tell me that the US military, the eyewitnesses of Fallujah, and the media are all wrong while you are alone correct.

Anyhow I'm off to bed, sleep tight, don't let the PTSD bite.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join