It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Number 1 News Network, sorry Obama

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Nah, all I have to do is watch Jon Stewart to know that Fox is cruddy. And my inlaws are the wacky bunch who watch it 24/7 and suddenly believe everything they say. As soon as they come up with some wacky political discussion, I know it is from Fox.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Its no coincedence the WH is going after Fox news. Dunn admits they control the news media, except, they attack and try do marginalize Fox because it isnt under thier control... which also happens to be the most popular media network... hmmmm

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamuraiSam
reply to post by AllexxisF1

9-12 movement was started by Glen Beck and Fox promoted these rally's to the hilt. Would you like me to post video of them promoting it, because I will be more than happy to shove it in your face.

You didn't say 9-12 in the post I replied to you said the tea parties. Before you go ape maybe you should read your own posts.

Show me all the video you want and we will show you all the videos of Obama's staff saying how they love Marx and Chavez. They are their heroes.

CALLING STORMDANCER...please lay out the I love Marx, I love Chavez, I dream of the day when we are a bunch of Communists videos.

I believe I have seen you post them before and figured it would save me a trip to youboob.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by SamuraiSam]

Liking someone and adhering to their ideology are two different things. If america took a note or two...make that three from chavez it would be a better place for example...ohhhh *runs to equip flame shield*

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
I would presume that there are more idiots in the world than their are intelligent people.

Though, I have no clue what this has to do with this thre...OHHHH

Oh how I love generalizations! And I simply can't resist the easy ones. [sarcasm]Guess that explains how Obama was elected, huh?[/sarcasm]

[edit on 26-10-2009 by WTFover]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com...

CNN Drops to Last Place Among Cable News Networks

CNN, which invented the cable news network more than two decades ago, will hit a new competitive low with its prime-time programs in October, finishing fourth – and last – among the cable news networks with the audience that all the networks rely on for their advertising.

Individually, the CNN shows were beaten resoundingly by all the Fox News programs,

For the month, CNN averaged 202,000 viewers between the ages of 25 and 54 – the group that television news organizations use as their basis of success because of their advertising sales. That was far behind the dominant leader, Fox News, which averaged 689,000.

But Sean Hannity’s show on Fox News had a huge lead with 659,000 viewers in that age group. Second was Rachel Maddow on MSNBC with 242,000.
Mr. King averaged 224,000 and Ms. Behar 181,000.

At 7 p.m. CNN’s host, Lou Dobbs was fourth, barely beaten by Jane Velez Mitchell on HLN, 166,000 to 162,000. The big winner was Shepard Smith on Fox with 465,000 viewers. Second was Chris Matthews and “Hardball” on MSNBC, with 179,000 viewers.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hannity, Rush, Coulter, and Beck are just dung beetles spinning the same old turd
day in and day out.

Please continue to wallow in their turd soup cuz it keeps you off the streets
and shackled to a grouch potato life of wasted energy and sourpuss concepts.
This way it will keep you outta the way of innovators and creative types who
are changing the world as we speak.

Anyone brainwashed by Fox is as dumb as a brick.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by jam321

And my inlaws are the wacky bunch who watch it 24/7 and suddenly believe everything they say. As soon as they come up with some wacky political discussion, I know it is from Fox.

I heard that some people do that you know, watching Fox News all day.
It is strange though and interesting at the same time from the psychological point of view. Maybe Fox news has a technique to glue them to the spot. I hope it's not subliminal messages.

I myself watch CNN international. Although I do watch Fox sometimes, but I found Fox is just too bizarre. Like a bunch of frat boys wearing suits and pretending they're professionals. The way they talk and present themselves, is just too weird.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I'm really a rather surprised that anyone would believe this nonsense.

Refer to my signature. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
To be honest, almost all the news is entertainment. People don't want to hear the truth. They want to hear what they think is the truth. Any medium that tries to present facts as they are, is going to suffer in the ratings.

Obama and the White House made a serious mistake in attacking Fox. There is an old saying that you should never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel. Same thing applies to someone who has a 24/7 opportunity to present their opinions. There is no way to win such an argument, without the WH becoming its own news station.

Fox really is a right-wing mouthpiece. Most media are biased, some more blatantly than others. If you get rid of all the biased media, you won't have any left.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

How can anyone actually star you for that idiocy? And it is idiocy what you just stated.

If a news channel pushes a protest, it is alright for our fracking government to attack and marginalize a news organization? That sir is the exact reason people are watching fox. Because of the lunacy of your position.

Mods-sorry I have to say this. You are being an idiot. Freedom of the media is sacrosanct from government interference. Are you this much of an *?

When will you people wake up to your own hypocracy? Ever? I bet not.

I and everyone has the right to our own fracking opinions. Your position makes me sick. Your position is what will lead to a revolution. Because your Marxist attitude that no one should speak their minds or ask questions of your Dear Leader. Exactly the same attitude as a Hitler Youth.

Nuff said the ENDISNIGHE

edit to remove all caps and what the bleep filter missed doohh gotta quit relying on them to remove them I guess

[edit on 10/26/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllexxisF1
1) MSNBC is not on basic cable. In most markets you have to pay for a premium package.

2) Young viewers get their news via other sources like the internet.

3) Fox's main viewership are old stupid people who stay home all day and watch it constantly.

4) People love sensationalism and cannot wait to hear what retarded looney thing Glen Beck will say next.

5) There is the news (MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN) the their is Fox Noise which is not News. It is Right wing radio on the tv.

Because answer me this question, how is Fox a news organization if they are creating, sponsoring and promoting demonstrations against this Democratic Administration and the Government a la "tea Parties"?

That isn't a news organization that is a political operation.

What an adult way at looking at things. Do you pack up your gameboard when you are losing as well?

1. Pretty poor excuse, if you ask me. Provide proof that is the reason for MSNBC's and CNN poor showing.
2. Like the Daily Show right?
3. My favorite one of them all. It's the greatest defense of your own view to declare your opposite a moron and incapable of thought. Something to be proud of there.
4. One could say the same of the O'Reily fetish of Keith O. Or any of the rest of the gang at MSNBC. No agenda going on there now, is there?
5. A close second to #3. There is no debating that one in your mind is there?

I suppose you are the kind has the same explanation of Talk Radio as well. Let's see you prove me wrong.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by pavil]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

My,my. Someone has a problem with a grassroots movement that started spontaneously and spread across the country. And they have a problem with the ONLY network that would cover the Tea Parties honestly. (CNN covered them, but the reporter kept interrupting the person she questioned and finally cut away to give her own opinion of how "stupid" the protestors were.
Fox let the people speak. Then, on the opinion shows, the commentators, (not journalist, commentators) gave their opinion, just like the commentators on the other networks did. You need to check your facts before you start casting aspersions.
And to the person who posted that people who watch Fox where "old and stupid, and have nothing to do but sit around and watch Fox all day," I personally take offense. I am gainfully employed, full time, and unlike many folks, my job is pretty much recession proof. I don't sit around watchning Fox all day. I admit to being a news junkie, and I get updates on my Blackberry from Fox and CNN. I would like to suggest that you show a little respect for those of us who might be a little(or a lot) older than you. You see, some of us have learned how to discern the truth from a well told lie.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Funny I fell the same way about CNN, when I watch. Reading the stories from both networks is an entirely different matter.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This thread made me have a thought.

Maybe the Obama admin is not trying to limit freedom of the press, but rather trying to bring Fox News ratings down.

Maybe since Fox News has won for so long and been so dominant over the other news networks, the President is just trying to even the field of play so everyone feels good about their efforts delivering the news.

We all know how liberals want us all to be equal so nobody feels like a looser after the game. We wouldn't want anyone's feelings to get hurt. See how nice they are and how they are trying to teach us to play nice too.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
To the reply that Fox news sponsored the "Tea Parties",if that was the case I would not have spent $35 to ride a bus for 4 hours from York,PA to Washington D.C. on Sept 12th 2009 to stand up for my rights as a AMERICAN with a long form birth certificate and a veteran (12years US Navy)to say I DISAGREE with the ObamaCare and the rest of the current administration,this along with at least 600,000 to 750,000 other "Tea Party" people not the 70,000 that NBC,ABC,CBS,CNN,MSNBC passed off as no movement.
People have wised up and are not letting this current administration run America into the ground,and those that vote for Obamacare will lose their seats in congress come 2010.
The Obamare cronies (Reid,Pelosi)are now crafting bills behind closed doors in secret and they think that they can get away with it???

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
you people crack me up. fox has the guts to report things you would never see from the other cable or broadcast channels.
you all have their agenda pegged,right? well lets get some proof. some examples of how they lie.
you know,NOT reporting things is a lie too.
you progressives rip beck,but all his facts are researched by 2 colleges,then by his staff.
then he backs up what he says with a video clip showing the person in question.then give his OPINION.
instead of condemning,why don't you watch and research what he says.
i pay a lot of attention as to whats going on,and most of what i find is held by beck until researched.
olberman couldn't even tell the truth when he was trying to do sports. he's a loudmouth moron,who when looked at under a microscope,he uses editing,clips out of context,and pure hatred for the non obama agenda.

and as far as msnbc being a news channel,they are so far up obamas butt,that when he cuts one,he checks his undies for peacock feathers.

keep listening to the main stream mediawhile the country crumbles.
don't dare listen to something that makes you think and do research.
just follow the progressive party line and don't dare think for yourself.

while chris matthews was getting a tingle up his leg,and olberman was trying to decide what women's underwear made him feel the sexiest,the real news was on fox.
better hurry and do your homework. obama,sunstein,jones,dunn,and the rest of the transparent bunch are diligently scrubbing the web,so you believers will feel comfortable,and think you're right without a shread of proof.
and don't tell me i'm wrong,i've witnessed the scrubbing myself.

and to refer back to the previous post,if they were sponsored (tea parties),they they forgot to send my 77 year old mother who went to stand up for YOUR rights,her check for gas and the 2 nights at the hotel.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

I would also like to point out that in this video she clearly categorizes Mao as one of her favorite political philosophers. Again, Anita Dunn said clearly that Mao is one of her favorite people to reference her own philosophy of politics. Making a statement like that surely gives me the impression that she likes his way of thinking. I don't feel this has much relevance to the thread anyhow how but facts are facts.

Their is simply so much arguing and slander committed by all sides that the public is to distracted, or just to ignorant to understand the gravity of the situation. Less than 600 people control and dictate the policies that will shape not only our lives, but many to come. That many people can fit into a 6 screen movie theater and these idiots allow scientist to just play around with germs and build nuclear weapons. The policies these career politicians have set forth are exactly what is damaging this country. People may love or hate FoxNews, or any other media outlet but the bottom line is the politicians we see on the ballot every other year and the ones that come out of the woodwork and try to get us to buy their bull, are the ones responsible with the direction of our country. 300,000,000 million people all fighting over crumbs while the fat cats who "serve" us stack the deck so they and their friends never lose. To think we are on here bitching about the media, lol.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This is the type of post that I really don't like because it makes us fight amoungst each other creating division that just results in endless arguments. Nothing really productive comes from saying that one news station is better then the other. A comment like that just creates sides further splintering a very strong community of individuals who have a common goal of seeking the truth.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
OK, you guys are all scaring me...you DO realize there isn't a true news organization left, right? No where I can locate at least, not anywhere in the US, Europe or any place else I've searched.

CNN "reports" rumors as fact, gets caught up chasing empty stories like the attic kid, aka balloon boy, generally contributes very little to understanding anything, and hasn't analyzed anything with rigor in years.

MSNBC is worse, constantly getting sidetracked by whatever nonsense fox spouts that day; worse, because every now and then they actually DO report on something coherently and offer some insightful analysis, just often enough to be utterly frustrating.

Fox is....well, I'm not sure exactly what it is, but for safety's sake I block it with parental controls. I do know it has an extremely tenuous connection to reality; every time I steel myself to watch a few minutes of it I come away with the impression that it's a insane asylum home show, and have to hope they keep the doors locked there.

The saddest commentary I can make on the state of American news programming is that the very best, most intelligent, most accurate, and most insightful commentary and interviews are on freaking comedy shows! John Stewart rocks...and he touches subjects the others haven't the guts to tackle. But he's a comic, fer crissakes, Will Rogers would've loved him and considered him a colleague, but neither was or is a reporter. Bill Maher is the only other show that reports on anything with any degree of intelligence.

Getting any decent trustworthy news about things that matter is so damned difficult is the main reason why most of us are here in the first place, so what do you say we forget about which crappy incompetent "news" show gets what ratings: none are worth wasting time on. Let'a do some more productive stuff, like figuring out exactly how to get the Republicrats (both parties suck, and suck from the same tit) out of office and end Wall Street's gambling addictions.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I can't help but wonder if Obama bought Fox "stock options" before attacking them. "Michelle baby needs some new shoes".

For me, the news shows are like left handed people vrs Right handed people. Both sides are correct in some ways, and spin, spin, spin. Propaganda is rampant in any news outlook, and the wise man shifts the diamond from the dung.

Since were quoting yin-yang:

Those who know don't talk, those who talk don't know.Tao te ching 52.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join