It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Number 1 News Network, sorry Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Not for nothing bit those people are really singing and most winners go on to real success.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
my personal point is that the white house is trying to put down, marginalize out of existance the most watched news network... what does that tell you?

The same network that is responsible for promoting Anti-government protests? Hmm, I see no reason to marginalize

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

people will admit to a lot of things:

"im poor"
"im worthless"
"im fat"
"im skinny"
"im a jerk"

but one thing a person will almost never admit to is

"im stupid"
"im ignorant"
"im an imbecile"

Thats where the pot gets stirred.

Fox News?
Not News.

MSNBC?
Not News.

But both organizations give such startling examples of stupidity that the opposition can use as an argument against them...ONLY IF that side choses to ignore their own stupidity.

For example:

Fox News says Sarah Palin has a lot of foreign affairs experience because she lives kind of near Russia (STUPID!!!!!!!)

CNN 'fact checking' an SNL skit but not fact checking anything else before they report on it (remember the 'attack' they headlined, only to find out it was just an exercise??) (STUPID!!!!!)

The degree of how you view each of the above examples will show you your own individual bias. Everyone has a bias one way or another. You may not be biased for dems or republicans, maybe you're bias towards libertarians

no matter which way you chose, its going to be full of willfully stupid people. If you're okay with that, fine. Just don't call it intelligence.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SamuraiSam

I just want to point out in this video, she in no way says she respects or admired Mao, but something he said. The man wrote the best selling book of all time behind the bible. So if this is about ratings, shouldn't we be listening to him?

That being said, some of the best advice that I ever heard and learned about being a father and parenting came from a friend who went on to murder someone and be sentenced to prison for life. Since he is a murderer, should I disregard what it was he said to me? Or consider it differently?

I think people made WAY to big of a deal over this lady saying she admired something this guy said, when she never claimed she has posters and statues of him in her office, which is what some of you are suggesting.

I can think someone was a piece of s***, yet be able to say that I respect something they say without "turning to their cause" or "becoming one of them".

People always talk about being politically correct, and I see a lot of the same talk here. Yet what she said was far from politically correct. I think its admirable of her to be able to say she respects something the man said considering who he is.

Its kind of like being comfortable enough with your sexuality, to see a guy and say thats a handsome fella without wondering if you're gay, or having the guy next to you call you a fag.

I'm sure just about everyone agrees that Hitler wasn't exactly Mr. Rogers. But I'm sure if you looked over everything he said in his life, you could find one point you agreed with and not automatically be a Nazi, at least in my book. I'm sure people like Glenn Beck would say, "what, Hitler said you should be a good father and teach your children right and wrong, and you AGREE?!?!?! YOU my friend, are a NAZI."

I can see the headline now...

"Nazi sympathizer ThaLoccster agrees with Hitler's teachings"

I hope my point isn't lost, and its basically this. You can appreciate/admire/respect/believe/take to heart/whatever something someone says, without agreeing with their ideals.

What other evidence to you have to suggest this woman is a communist? Other than her saying she admires something a communist said, or is that enough for you?

[edit on 10/26/2009 by ThaLoccster]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Things that I find interesting.

People that talk bad about fox news actually watch fox news. Otherwise, how would they know what they are talking about. Not that I agree or disagree with what is being said.

I seldom, hardly ever see CNN or Msnbc threads get the attention Fox News thread gets. That itself says a lot.

Foxnews gets attacked for its reporting. The same type of reporting you would see on any other news channel. Of course, each one has its own agenda and method in their desire to be number one. Yet, bias nonetheless.

Finally, those attacking Fox News are merely making it more popular. Now people will tune in just to see what the fuss is all about. Presto- more viewers.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

my personal point is that the white house is trying to put down, marginalize out of existance the most watched news network... what does that tell you?

The same network that is responsible for promoting Anti-government protests? Hmm, I see no reason to marginalize

So what you are saying is that it is wrong to protest the government when you disagree with their actions and they refuse to listen to you?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I must say that I don't watch fox news...but occasionally flip past it, as it's between CNN and MSNBC...not that I really watch any of them...they are all BS.

So, this weekend my wife and I were discussing how much we despise FOX. So, we did what you always hear people say "don't like it, change the channel". But I did one better. I utilized the "parental lock" function. Now when I flip through the channels, I don't even have to look at Faux Nooz.

It's nice that TVs are equipped with an ignore function...much like ATS!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamuraiSam

Originally posted by Aggie Man

So what you are saying is that it is wrong to protest the government when you disagree with their actions and they refuse to listen to you?

No, not at all. However, what's good for the goose....

If Fox want's to take that route, then certainly I see nothing wrong with the White House taking the same.

This administration is listening...just not to conservatives....much like the recent 8 years us liberals suffered through.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

So you don't see a problem with the White House trying to control the press as Anita Dunn has already admitted to doing on camera? You don't have a problem with the White House using its power to try to tell the American people what is legitimate news and what isn't?

To me it just shows the disdain that Progressives have for anyone who disagrees with their ideas. If you disagree with them then you are stupid and they feel the need to step in and protect you from yourself. Is that really the America you want to live in?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I would presume that there are more idiots in the world than their are intelligent people.

Though, I have no clue what this has to do with this thre...OHHHH

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

So you don't see a problem with the White House trying to control the press as Anita Dunn has already admitted to doing on camera? You don't have a problem with the White House using its power to try to tell the American people what is legitimate news and what isn't?

To me it just shows the disdain that Progressives have for anyone who disagrees with their ideas. If you disagree with them then you are stupid and they feel the need to step in and protect you from yourself. Is that really the America you want to live in?

No, I don't. None at all. "Marginalizing" Fox IS NOT controlling the press. To report the good, bad & ugly of anything is what the press is there for...that's their job. To only report the ugly is the right of FOX. More power to 'em. But that's not "fair and balanced". AND it's certainly not "fair and balanced" to promote anti-government protests & propaganda.

The "disdane" is not from progressives...it's from pouty conservatives. YES, absolutely this is the America I want to live in. Minus the political bickering and bipartisan politics. Other than that, I love my country and I love a liberal society.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Do you not realize that the Liberal philosophy of tax and spend, crap and fade, nationalized healthcare will do nothing but bankrupt the nation. How are you going to like America when we are bankrupt?

I understand your desire for fairness and to give to the poor, but you cannot do that at the expense of what is good for the nation long term.

To be honest, I would probably be on your side if the nation was running a few trillion dollar surplus a year, but fact is we are broke due to the Liberal policies of the past and present.. thinks like Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, and social programs that rewards people for being lazy and breeding like drunken jack rabbits.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by SamuraiSam]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Do you not realize that the Liberal philosophy of tax and spend, crap and fade, nationalized healthcare will do nothing but bankrupt the nation. How are you going to like America when we are bankrupt?

I understand your desire for fairness and to give to the poor, but you cannot do that at the expense of what is good for the nation long term.

Yes and I buy into it. MY PREFERENCE. you will not get a convert here. I grew up in a conservative family and got my education from one of the most conservative universities. Yet, I was able to form my own views on how the world should go 'round. The world is a better place with a liberal society.

What does bankrupt even mean anymore? America has been in debt for a long, long time...having a conservative in office won't change that. They will just spend the money on other costly government ideologies...like "war on terror" or "war on drugs". I would rather the money (borrowed or what have you) go to helping my fellow human beings...not destroying them.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SamuraiSam

tax and spend? "crap and fade"

So - what you're really saying is that conservatives don't tax americans...and they don't spend our money

and then you're saying you have to resort to name calling and political bickering to try and make your point?

Do you not seriously see that you're blinded by the conservative movement so much that you don't see the very things you're chastising ignorant liberals are also abundantly apparent in your own party of republicans?

Both sides tax
Both sides spend on frivolous and stupid things.

how can you say its okay for republicans to tax and spend
but not okay for democrats

and then try to make it sound like you're wanting to have a rational conversation?

this...is the problem. Its not just you. Its not just Republicans. Its everyone who partakes in this par-tay of blissful ignorance.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bored To Tears
The WH was stupid in the first place to even start a war of words with a 24 hour news station. They get one or two people on a day to fight with Fox for a total of maybe 15 minutes and Fox has all day and night to fight back.

It was a stupid strategy.

The WH did nothing except raise the ratings Fox was getting. They got on television and saying this and that about them. Those who don't watch Fox get curious and tune in. Some like what they see and keep watching. Some might even agree enough with what Fox is saying to switch parties.

Again stupid strategy on behalf of the White House.

I think you likely have it backwards. The strategy is to increase the viewers of Fox - and to make it seem credible, even though it is just as bunk as all the rest.

Fox is the most obvious and stupidest of the MSM propaganda machines. The only thing it has in terms of subtlety is the fact that it appears to be telling some truths about corruption.

It is purely managed resistance - they need to collect all the critics together and give them a voice - that is Fox.

It is purely another level of control, the internet is the only source where you can get every side - and you have to develop your own opinion based on evidence, thinking and research.

They are just increasing the usefulness of Fox for the controllers - don't trust this obvious move.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I agree that conservatives have had a bad track record the last 20 years as far as spending goes. What I am talkign about is a government where whether it is liberal or conservative it cuts government spending drastically from even pre Obama levels. We MUST cut expenses drastically right now.

The thing is that the Progressives are going in the complete opposite direction and are raising taxes and spending at dramatic levels. The Chinese are not going to keep handing us loans, and eventually when we print enough worthless money other countries will refuse to take it.

Then we are trully screwed.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

There is no doubt, they are telling more then the other networks,
Investigating the other networks will tell the tale.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Who
did
I call
names?

[edit on 26-10-2009 by SamuraiSam]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Then we are trully screwed.

Why would we be screwed? Do you think that the US couldn't just start manufacturing everything that we currently import? We don't need other countries OR their acceptance of our currency. That's propaganda of the rich.

How, oh how, did the world manage to revolve for billions of year without currency, banks and international acceptance

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Howard Stern and American Idols are also most watched and most listened to shows. Most watch means nothing.

But as far as the show considered most accurate and referred to for actual news? That is CNN.

Numbers are just a part of it.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by nixie_nox]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join