It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Americans killed in 2 Afghan helicopter crashes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

14 Americans killed in 2 Afghan helicopter crashes

www.breitbart.com

Helicopter crashes killed 14 Americans on Monday—11 troops and three drug agents—in the deadliest day for the U.S. mission in Afghanistan in more than four years. The deaths came as President Barack Obama prepared to meet his national security team for a sixth full-scale conference on the future of the troubled war.

In the deadliest crash, a helicopter went down in the west of the country after leaving the scene of a firefight, killing 10 Americans—seven troops and three Drug Enforcement Administration agents. Eleven American troops, one U.S. civilian and 14 Afghans were also injured.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
news.yahoo.com
abcnews.go.com
www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
US casualties keep coming in Afghanistan. I also notice that the media always reports that these incidents are accidents. Officials have already said there was no hostile fire.

I'm sorry but i do believe many accidents happen but not half as many as the military will tell us. It is always an accident or an IED that kills the troops but personally i think that the Taliban are directly engaging the troops and US soldiers are dieing in gun fights.

It is better for the military to say that it is an IED or an accident because it doesn't indicate a capable enemy that is out maneuvering the US soldiers instead it is either a "cowardly" road bomb or an air accident.

I say the US military is getting owned and that these helicopters were shot down. After all the US did give the Taliban stinger missiles to fight the Russians. Funny how things come full circle.

End this war for profit already and bring the cannon fodder home please.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
My prayers and sympathy to the families of those killed or injured.

Until somebody can prove this wasn't an accident, I will take it as an accident.

As of now, you have yet to provide any proof it wasn't an accident. The burden is on you.

Time to put up the proof.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

If I'm not mistaken the US was taken for a ride buying back all the unused Stingers. We paid something like 3 and 4 times what they cost getting what was left back.

I doubt they have any.

As far as being "Owned" We haven't broken 1000 Casualties yet. The Soviet loses for the same amount of time in Afghanistan of 18000 was OWNED!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

If I'm not mistaken the US was taken for a ride buying back all the unused Stingers. We paid something like 3 and 4 times what they cost getting what was left back.

I doubt they have any.

As far as being "Owned" We haven't broken 1000 Casualties yet. The Soviet loses for the same amount of time in Afghanistan of 18000 was OWNED!

Don't be upset that US and Coalition forces are losing in Afghanistan. IMO it will just hasten the retreat and the CIA will no longer be able to smuggle out Heroin and kill millions of people all over the world from drug addiction.

You need to realize the elite fund both sides in a conflict so the war will never be won it s not designed to be won. It is designed to be a perpetual war. The Taliban are getting plenty of weapons from other countries all the time. Countries that get money from the same banks we do.

You are very misguided in supporting war because war is a racket always has been we are conned into them and never allowed out.

Bring the troops home and end the cycle. I am on the right side of this, the side that doesn't want to be conned anymore.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Beefcake]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Maybe we should bring all the troops home and ship all the DEA agents over there? Then I wouldn't feel nearly so bad about the casualties.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Thanks for the lowdown.

I'm not upset nor worried.

I don't live my life in the world according to Beefcake. If we surrender then I'll agree we got Owned until then opinions aside there isn't any evidence of Ownage so far.

You need to realize the elite fund both sides in a conflict

You know what they say about people who ASSUme.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Beefcake, Have you ever been in the US Military? While the US military is the most powerful one in the world, it is also one of the most clumsiest. A Mess of Soldiers are killed ever year from training accidents to soldiers being stupid. It was a joke amongst the men in my Unit "Fear not the IEDS, but the soldier right in your Hummer." I am sure if you asked some of the older vets (Vietnam) asking them about troop "Clumsiness".

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Also I am still unsure of the whole NWO, thing while I belive there is seirous corruption, is there evidence that the CIA is selling Heroin?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Also I am still unsure of the whole NWO, thing while I belive there is seirous corruption, is there evidence that the CIA is selling Heroin?

These days it is almost common knowledge that the CIA is involved in drug running. It is a heavy source of income taht can be used for various coups and black operations all over the world.

Here is one incident that actually got reported in mainstream that is very suspicious to say the least.

Mexico drug plane used for US rendition flights

MEXICO CITY (AFP) — A private jet that crash-landed almost one year ago in eastern Mexico carrying 3.3 tons of coc aine had previously been used for CIA "rendition" flights, a newspaper report said here Thursday, citing documents from the United States and the European Parliament. The plane was carrying Colombian drugs for the fugitive leader of Mexico's Sinaloa cartel, Joaquin "Chapo" Guzman, when it crash-landed in the Yucatan peninsula on September 24, El Universal reported. The daily said it had obtained documents from the United States and the European Parliament which "show that that plane flew several times to Guantanamo, Cuba, presumably to transfer terrorism suspects." It said the European Parliament was investigating the private Grumman Gulfstream II, registered by the European Organization for the Safety of Air Navigation, for suspected use in CIA "rendition" flights in which prisoners are covertly transferred to a third country or US-run detention centers. It also said the US Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) logbook registered that the plane had traveled between US territory and the US military base in Guantanamo.

I'm sure this will be explained away by some as a coincidence

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I wonder what the DEA was doing on those choppers? Obviously the Taliban are using the opium trade to fund there activities, is the DEA presence there to track the drug trade - or to take advantage of it, the way the CIA did/does in southeast Asia?

DEA personnel among 14 dead in Afghan copter crashes

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Of course you will. And so will the rest of the sheeple in America. What I want to know is why after numerous helicopter crashes "accidentally" over the last 10 years they are still crashing regularly. When two crash into each other? COME ON! There is no excuse for that at all. We are talking the US military here with the most sophisticated radar technology in the world. There is no reason for helicopters to keep crashing on a regularly basis, least of all into each other.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The other side is saying it downed the choppers. I am not sure we will ever have proof. All sides lie in war.
Whatever - people dead. Sympathies to the families.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I was wondering what the DEA was doing over there too, so I looked up their mission statement. This bit below must be why they are there, otherwise, I don't see why they are operating off US soil.

# Coordination and cooperation with federal, state, and local agencies, and with foreign governments, in programs designed to reduce the availability of illicit abuse-type drugs on the United States market through non enforcement methods such as crop eradication, crop substitution, and training of foreign officials

DEA Mission
Statement

EDIT: to pose a Q: What if other countries government agencies came over here to the US and started eradicating our cash crops? I bet that wouldn't fly.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake

I'm sorry but i do believe many accidents happen but not half as many as the military will tell us.

What you THINK, plus $1.39, will buy me a big cup of coffee at McDonalds.

I say the US military is getting owned and that these helicopters were shot down.

I say it's amazing that you've taught your 4th point of contact to talk.

After all the US did give the Taliban stinger missiles to fight the Russians. Funny how things come full circle.

KEE-RIST! I don't know HOW many times I'm gonna have to tell you people that NO SUCH THING ever happened! Since you've made the allegation, bring on your evidence! I bet you dollars against donuts that I can counter it, thoroughly. Bring on that evidence. we'll see WHO gets owned then.

End this war for profit already and bring the cannon fodder home please.

Nice, that you think of my boys as cannon fodder. Which team did you say you're playing for?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Don't be upset that US and Coalition forces are losing in Afghanistan. IMO it will just hasten the retreat and the CIA will no longer be able to smuggle out Heroin and kill millions of people all over the world from drug addiction.

I'll bet it really pisses off YOUR CIA that OUR guys are over there burning that "cash crop" you claim they're selling.

I am on the right side of this, the side that doesn't want to be conned anymore.

From over here, it looks like you're on the LEFT side of this.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Weak "evidence" there. For all I know you may have ridden on one of the 9-11 planes at one time or another. Does that make you a terrorist?

Also, this bit:

These days it is almost common knowledge that the CIA is involved in drug running. It is a heavy source of income taht can be used for various coups and black operations all over the world.

ALMOST "common knowledge"? Can I quote you on that? I ALMOST won the lottery last week, stupid numbers being off! I ALMOST got shot graveyard dead a couple of times.

ALMOST don't cut it.

"Common knowledge"? In whose world? Yours, evidently. Must be scary in there, with EVERYONE, your own included, out to get you.

[edit on 2009/10/26 by nenothtu]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I doubt they have any.

Edit:

Video of the enemy downing aircraft with a stinger.. perfect shot.
www.dailymotion.com...

A casualty is not a death, but killed, wounded, injured, and medically evacuated. FOIA documents show closer to 7,500 casualties from Afghanistan.

.. and some 58,000 for Iraq, altogether for Vietnam like total of 65,278... which is fitting since we're headed for 2 Vietnam like endings.

blogs.salon.com...

Also... "Taliban spokesman Qari Yusuf Ahmedi claimed Taliban fighters shot down a helicopter in northwest Badghis province's Darabam district..."

The US isn't the only nation that manufactures a stinger-like AA weapon.. all is fair in love and war; we supplied stingers to the moog, undoubtedly some nation out there (Iran / Syria / China?) is supplying the Taliban with a similar weapon made in China. Its called "a taste of your own medicine".

Also check out terroristmedia.com and you'll see Taliban & Iraqis firing stingers, and a Chinese facsimile thereof, at US military and other transports

Taliban Claim They Shot Down U.S. Helicopter
www.veteransforcommonsense.org...

October 26, 2009, Kabul, Afghanistan, (Associated Press) – A helicopter crash and separate collision involving two other choppers killed 14 Americans.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by GovtFlu]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This article is interesting re: stingers..

The Apache shot down on Feb 02 video:

www.expose-the-war-profiteers.org...

www.cnnexposed.com...

"Sunni insurgents may have used U.S. Stinger missiles to shoot down four helicopters over Iraq, the most recent being an Apache helicopter near Taji on February 2nd, 2007. Taliban fighters, suspected of having Stinger missiles left over from Afghanistan's conflict with Russia, are reportedly cooperating with the Sunni insurgency in Iraq. "

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Have you seen this?

A Chechen soldier, with shoulder-mounter rocket launcher, shoots down a helicopter.

Mi-8

Yup it's a war.

Chinese facsimile thereof,

Now that I'd believe.

In the first Video provided that appears to be a Russian Chopper. Also in the second video you provided it doesn't show what they fired. Also the picture in the second link is very old.

A mujahedeen rebel aims a U.S.-made Stinger missile near Gardez, Afghanistan, Dec. 1991.

Edit for correct Chopper numbers. Thanks Neno

[edit on 26-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join