It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan "holds elite Iran force"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Pakistan holds elite Iran force

news.bbc.co.uk

Eleven members of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards force have been arrested in Pakistan after illegally entering the country, police there say.

They were detained in Mashkel near the Pakistan-Iran border, they added.

It comes eight days after a suicide bomb killed 42 people, among them six Revolutionary Guard commanders, in Iran's Sistan-Baluchistan province.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
OCT 25: Twin Blasts in Baghdad Kill 91, Injure Scores
Top Iranian commanders assassinated
Iran threatens revenge against Britain and America over bombing

[edit on 26-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well Iran has said they would extract revenge for the assassination of their elite revolutionary guard leaders a few days back.

Tit for Tat...

An Eye for an Eye.

I wonder what info the Pakistani's will find out from the expected interrogation that will be carried out? Stay tuned. Anybody have an opinion of what they could of been up to?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Probably trying to look for or staging proof that Pakistan is helping Jundullah.

Be interesting to find out what kind of gear the elite force was carrying on them.

Any response from Iran on this event?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Well if they blame the US/UK/Pakistan for the attacks and these guys were caught going into Pakistan does this mean the US/UK need to be on guard as well?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Maybe they Iranians were trying to support the Taliban in Pakistan,to hurt western interests-I know they(Iran)usually consider the Taliban to be their enemy,but in times of war,the enemy of your enemy is your friend.
If these Iranians got captured,more will be trying to achieve thier aim,for sure.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Be interesting to find out what kind of gear the elite force was carrying on them.
reply to post by jam321

Like did they have 500 lb. of C4?

The fact that they caught a Revolutionary Guard group in Pakistan says a lot. It means they are out to kick butt, etc. Also arouses suspicion that Iran was responsible for the big blast in Bagdad yesterday.

It aslo means that Pakistan is on the lookout!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Like did they have 500 lb. of C4?

My thoughts indeed. Imo, if they had explosives on hand, then they weren't going for a Sunday morning stroll in the park.

I expect Iran to say that the force got disoriented and crossed over by accident.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
They were probably looking to meet some Taliban forces. I doubt this is new. All evidence points to Iran being the main supplier and trainer of Taliban and Al Qaeda forces in these areas.

The surprising thing to me is that they were captured! They weren't that "elite" of a squad I guess!
They should have at least gone down fighting, and not subjected themselves to interrogation and diplomatic fodder! The "corpses" of an elite squad could have been explained away by Iran, but not live people!!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well I for one just can't wait to hear Irans response.

I can't find anything yet. I'm pretty sure they'll blame the US's CIA, UK's MI6/SIS, Israeli mossad or the kid down the block. Anybody but themselves.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
i doubt that they were carrying anything of signifigance. Probably a rifle and sidearm. Possibly a samll amount of explosives. More often than not Revolutionary Guards usually do the same thing the U.S. Green Berets do. Foment rebellion, train and advise. Doubt they would actually get thier hands dirty. It would be one hell of an international incident if they did.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Reacting to the report, head of the public relations office of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Brigadier General Sharif told Press TV that the detainees were not members of the IRGC.

"That part of the report related to Sepah [IRGC] lacks credibility and is not true," Brig. Gen. Sharif said on Monday.

Another informed source told a Press TV correspondent that those arrested were Iranian border police who were hunting down fuel smugglers.

www.presstv.ir...

Here you go. Iran's response thanks to Presstv.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Another informed source told a Press TV correspondent that those arrested were Iranian border police who were hunting down fuel smugglers.

Buwahahahahahahaha
Iran apparently has a Fuel smuggling crises.

Sigh....

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

While the Iranian government is spending billions of dollars on imported fuel, some 40 million liters (10.6 million US gallons) of the stuff are being smuggled out of the country every day.

The startling figure was revealed by the Director of Economic Affairs at the Ministry of Economy, Mohammad Reza Farzin, reported Hamshahri daily on September 24.

www.presstv.ir...

Either their reason is legit or they are trying to tie it in with a story they released last month.

Have to wait for Pakistan to release proof that they are elite guards.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

erm , there is a fuel smuggling problem in iran;

www.presstv.ir...

english.farsnews.com...

www.ameinfo.com...

www.encyclopedia.com...

its a problem that been going on for years.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Fair enough.

Then if it's true and if they were carrying out these types of operations. I say they need to fire the guy in charge this is a bit too close to their call for revenge.

This is not their brightest idea to date.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

Also arouses suspicion that Iran was responsible for the big blast in Bagdad yesterday.

I was wondering the same thing when I heard about the Baghdad bombs this morning.

One thing's for sure - they'll have worse things to worry about than water boarding when it comes to their interrogation.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by mattpryor]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The idea of Iran taking action against Pakistan is pretty funny. Unless Iran is further along on it's uranium enrichment. Why try and P1** off a country that has and would use a nuke? Kinda of strikes me as suicidal! This whole incident is funnier than the "hikers" Iran captured.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Foreign agents behind attacks: Khamenei

Iran has blamed the October 18 attack on the Sunni rebel group Jundallah (Soldiers of God) which has been waging an insurgency against Tehran's Shiite rulers.

On Monday, Guards chief Mohammad Ali Jafari once again ramped up pressure on Islamabad to hand over Jundallah leader Abdolmalek Rigi, who Tehran says is based in Pakistan.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hardly an elite force if they are so easily caught inside Pakistan. The Iranians are a joke militarily speaking. I'm sure between Israel and US we would have no problem destroying their military. I never used to hold such an opinion. But I do now and this is just icing on the cake.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Of course, somebody had to tell Pakistan where these guys were. Figure on a US "eye in the sky" ratting these dudes out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join