It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Mark Twain an alien?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
In 1909, Twain is quoted as saying:

"I came in with Halley's Comet in 1835. It is coming again next year, and I expect to go out with it. It will be the greatest disappointment of my life if I don't go out with Halley's Comet. The Almighty has said, no doubt: 'Now here are these two unaccountable freaks; they came in together, they must go out together."

His prediction was accurate. Twain died of a heart attack on April 21, 1910 in Redding, Connecticut, one day after the comet's closest approach to Earth.

He was a man of great talent. Did he descend to us in 1835 from comet Halley - the "snowball of the gods"? Was he genetically coded to release his soul and aura upon its return?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by genma

S&F. Interesting topic to say the least that you rarely see discussed

[Mod Edit - Replaced quote with Reply To tab]

[edit on 26/10/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by genma

One quote attributed to Samuel Clemens "Tis better to be considered a fool, than to open ones mouth, and remove all doubt" comes to mind.

He was alien to his time anyway. S&F, because Samuel was helluva guy.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Really? I highly doubt it.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Samuel Clemens, wasnt that the one guy in that SYFI movie, with the aliean with the 3 eyes, and that little girl, and that one little chubby scary dude with the blue fur all over?
*LOL*

It is quite a unusual thing that his life span was that of the comets return, but i'd think that was about as far as it goes.

Quite the man, and the writer though, left a mark on life that will forever be there as long as there is man.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Mark Twain *was* close friends with Nikola Tesla, who was also 'out of this world', so you never know.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by genma

We are all genetically coded to release our soul (flesh and blood) and aura (energy/spirit) slowly into the planet from whence our ancestors and nutrients came, just like all other life within the vast eco-system of the earth.

If his flesh and blood and energy found its way to the comet somehow even after the comet had already passed its closest point a day before he died, then his flesh and blood and energy needs to be found and tested. Talk about moving far and fast.

Now if you're trying to tell me that you believe that his spirit became a part of the flying ice-rock, and that it was that before, then you are claiming to believe in a Static Universe, one which is big-bang-less. Fine by me, as long as you know that is what it means to believe that a person's entity might be invidiually encapsulized into a flying ice-rock which itself is independent for an indeterminable amount of time.

But...I generally find that people who believe in stuff like that actually believe in the big-bang, so it's this whole big thing... Wouldn't want to bore you.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well,he said some pretty evolved things about organised religion:

Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion - several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn't straight. He has made a graveyard of the globe in trying his honest best to smooth his brother's path to happiness and heaven.
Mark Twain

"The so-called Christian nations are the most enlightened and progressive...but in spite of their religion, not because of it. The Church has opposed every innovation and discovery from the day of Galileo down to our own time, when the use of anesthetic in childbirth was regarded as a sin because it avoided the biblical curse pronounced against Eve. And every step in astronomy and geology ever taken has been opposed by bigotry and superstition. The Greeks surpassed us in artistic culture and in architecture five hundred years before Christian religion was born."
Mark Twain

"During many ages there were witches. The Bible said so. The Bible commanded that they should not be allowed to live. Therefore the Church, after doing its duty in but a lazy and indolent way for 800 years, gathered up its halters, thumbscrews, and firebrands, and set about its holy work in earnest. She worked hard at it night and day during nine centuries and imprisoned, tortured, hanged, and burned whole hordes and armies of witches, and washed the Christian world clean with their foul blood. Then it was discovered that there was no such thing as witches, and never had been. One does not know whether to laugh or to cry."
Mark Twain

You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons,
sticks turning into snakes, burning bushes, food falling from the sky,
people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive
stories, and you say that WE are the ones that need help?
Mark Twain

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think he was just saying that he wanted to see it before he died. How you could conclude that he was an alien based off that quote is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Twain was a close acquaintance with the legendary Nicola Tesla. This fact alone opens the doors to the unthinkable. Nothing is out of the realm of possibility when you have to very powerful and genius men working together.

top topics

join