It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Film - Collapse (video) - Must Watch!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Americans generally like to hear good news. They like to believe that a new President will right old wrongs, that clean energy will replace dirty oil, and that fresh thinking will set the economy straight. American pundits tend to restrain their pessimism and to hope for the best. But is anyone prepared for the worst? Michael Ruppert is a different kind of American. A former Los Angeles police officer turned independent reporter, he predicted the current financial crisis in his self-published newsletter From the Wilderness at a time when most Wall Street and Washington analysts were still in denial. Smith has always had a feeling for outsiders in films like American Movie and American Job.

In Collapse, Smith stylistically departs from his past films by interviewing Ruppert in a format that recalls the work of Errol Morris and Spalding Gray. Sitting in a room that looks like a bunker, Ruppert recounts his career as a radical thinker and spells out the crises he sees ahead. He draws upon the same news reports and data available to any Internet user, but he applies a unique interpretation. He is especially passionate over the issue of peak oil, the concern raised by scientists since the 1970s that the world will eventually run out of fossil fuel. While other experts debate this issue in measured tones, Ruppert doesnt hold back at sounding an alarm.

He portrays a future that resembles apocalyptic science fiction. Listening to his rapid flow of opinions, the viewer is likely to question some of the rhetoric as paranoid or deluded; and to sway back and forth on what to make of the extremism. Smith lets viewers form their own judgments.

Genre
ocumentary, Horror
Director:Chris Smith

Yep... As soon as the price of Oil goes back up (which is going to happen in the near future)

We can all expect the system to gradually shut down. I don't think our way of life is going to collapse overnight like many here think, it might be a slow death.

This is serious folks.

It's no longer a question of "if".... It's a question of "when"

We all might want to start getting a few extra supplies for the upcoming storms.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm going to CostCO TODAY!

but of course that is for my monthly stockup... perhaps I need a second deep freeze in the garage....

Thanks for this video...

I will be watching....

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
nice will watch this for sure S&F ... anyone seeing the oil prices now? not good

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
nice will watch this for sure S&F ... anyone seeing the oil prices now? not good

If war with Iran becomes reality...

We can kiss our economy goodbye. The price of gas will be so high that we will be forced to change how we function as a nation.

What I find crazy is that they are calling this a horror film...... The truth is very scary!!!

very scary indeed.

We here on ATS might want to take advantage of knowing the truth before the masses do.

You guys realize I saw this trailer on Apple's website (trailer section). This isn't something I was trying to find on the internet. This is going to be viewed by many people.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Yep... As soon as the price of Oil goes back up (which is going to happen in the near future)

We can all expect the system to gradually shut down. I don't think our way of life is going to collapse overnight like many here think, it might be a slow death.

A "slow death" will not fit in the with the "Shock and Awe" doctrine necessary to bring about the desired results. I believe it will happen a lot faster than any of us care for.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

I wouldn't worry to much our(UK) unleaded petrol is already at £1.09 a liter or £4.20 per US gallon that is about $6.50 a US gallon approx.How much are you paying now? I think its about $2.60 a US gallon isnt it. At the height of the oil price in 08 you were paying $4.10 a gallon.That's still $2.40 a gallon less than we are paying now.Life still goes on here all be it harder on the pocket and probably at the cost of some companies but no total collapse YET.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by tarifa37]

[edit on 26-10-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Nice find!

I am really excited to see it.

I haven't heard much about Mike Ruppert in a while. I give him the credit for cementing my view on 911.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well, capitalism seems based on the idea of ever increasing financial expansion, I've been thinking for some time it can't go on indefinitely, look at the examples of collapsing pension schemes and mortgages.

I don't want to sound overly pessimistic, but it does seem to be a time to start over, maybe humanity doesn't deserve to survive this one.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I am not sure humanity is behind all of this trouble!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
I'm going to CostCO TODAY!

but of course that is for my monthly stockup... perhaps I need a second deep freeze in the garage....

Do you make your own power via solar, hydro, wind or some other method? If not, maybe you should shift your food storage methods to something that does not require power.

Our new paradigm might include third-world-like electrical delivery.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by loctite
I am not sure humanity is behind all of this trouble!

you have to look at what happened in argentina from 1999 to 2002

en.wikipedia.org...(1999%E2%80%932002)

this is a 12-part documentary on the argentine collapse:

www.youtube.com...

and this is a first hand account on how a middle class person survived during that time:

www.silverbearcafe.com...

sobering to say the least, but it gives the best real time, modern, up-to-date, trials and tribulations that we might face in this country.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jokei_not

I don't want to sound overly pessimistic, but it does seem to be a time to start over, maybe the CFR's, Trilat's, Bilderbergs and the Wall Street thieves and murderers don't deserve to survive this one.

There ...... I fixed it for you.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

This is serious folks.

It's no longer a question of "if".... It's a question of "when"

We all might want to start getting a few extra supplies for the upcoming storms.

Do we need to? I mean.. I think folks around here have around 12 years worth of "stocked up" food and water and seeds and everything else, from the last 117 predictions that never came to fruition.

Just saying...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This stuck out to me:

"You'll leave the theater shaken... - The Onion"

So The Onion is reviewing this? Somehow I see that news site as one not to be taken very seriously.... just my two cents though.

I always take these 'mainstream' conspiracy films with a pinch of salt. Sure there could be some truth to it, but it's almost a given that there'll be some disinfo in there.

EDIT TO ADD:
Don't get me wrong! It still looks like a very interesting documentary, and I'll definitely be watching it! =)

Thanks for sharing!

[edit on 26-10-2009 by oaf21]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by oaf21

I always take these 'mainstream' conspiracy films with a pinch of salt. Sure there could be some truth to it, but it's almost a given that there'll be some disinfo in there.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by oaf21]

You are absolutely right.

They all have a little bit of disinfo. (Some more than others)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
something stuck out at me with that trailer, he mentions post will stop being delivered, here in the uk the post sevice is in ongoing strikes and talks, now i dont know if this has any relevance but it stuck out to me so i htough i would drop a line

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

I wouldn't worry to much our(UK) unleaded petrol is already at £1.09 a liter or £4.20 per US gallon that is about $6.50 a US gallon approx.How much are you paying now? I think its about $2.60 a US gallon isnt it. At the height of the oil price in 08 you were paying $4.10 a gallon.That's still $2.40 a gallon less than we are paying now.Life still goes on here all be it harder on the pocket and probably at the cost of some companies but no total collapse YET.

Here in California it got up over $5.00 a gallon last time, but comparing end prices doesn't give you the true picture. You have to look at where the profits go.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the better part of the price of gas in the UK and other European countries goes to taxes which help support the system, providing health care, education, etc.

Here in the US, the profits mostly fall into private hands, and those hands go to great lengths to avoid paying any taxes at all upon, usually succeeding in paying rock-bottom minimums. Those profits do nothing to support the system here.

In other words, you actually get something of value in return for the high prices, and we here in the US don't: we just pay higher prices and watch the money leave for elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

Originally posted by tarifa37

Here in California it got up over $5.00 a gallon last time, but comparing end prices doesn't give you the true picture. You have to look at where the profits go.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the better part of the price of gas in the UK and other European countries goes to taxes which help support the system, providing health care, education, etc.

Here in the US, the profits mostly fall into private hands, and those hands go to great lengths to avoid paying any taxes at all upon, usually succeeding in paying rock-bottom minimums. Those profits do nothing to support the system here.

In other words, you actually get something of value in return for the high prices, and we here in the US don't: we just pay higher prices and watch the money leave for elsewhere.

You are correct about the taxes making up a large part of the price of fuel here in the UK.However that would mean we are in a even worse position than the US as if companies start folding because of the price of fuel its going to be a double if not triple whammy because if they are not buying the fuel then the tax revenue is not being raised also they won't be paying any tax at all if the company goes bust nor will their now redundant employees who are no longer filling their cars up with expensive over taxed fuel.Where in the US the companies and employees may suffer but at least the government wont be hit in the pocket as much as the UK if everybody stops buying fuel.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I can't wait to see this documentary, I think millions of people might catch on to what is really happening with films like this. And that is exactly what is needed.

People need to be shaken out of their coma. Too many people believe the media, and simply expect that the government will protect them. They fail to see the reality that every government acts to secure its own power, not for the people.

I'll be keeping an eye on this, it could be one of those moments when enlightenment comes to town for many.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by praxis

Pretty much what I meant yes, although, my more damning view is that we've not resisted it enough to warrant surviving - if you look at your "average Joe/Joanne" and their wanton disregard for anything other than some facile consumerism... turn the planet over to the roaches and rats.

Sorry, maybe you've caught me on a bad week - I am back working in retail hell, but at least I have a roof over my head.

Grrr.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join