It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First daughters not getting flu shots (yet?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Fox News

President Obama's school age daughters have not been vaccinated against the H1N1 flu virus. White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs says the vaccine is not available to them based on their risk.

The Centers for Disease Control recommend that children ages 6 months through 18 years of age receive a vaccination against the H1N1 flu virus. At this time only children with chronic medical conditions are receiving the vaccination because their immune system is not strong enough to fight off the strain. The CDC also says a regular seasonal flu shot does not protect against the virus.

The Obama's claimed previously that the kids have allergies and asthma. Or at least one of them did. That's why they were looking for an 'allergy friendly' kind of dog when the kids wanted a puppy. That's why the Peruvian president offered that ugly dog as a gift. Because it was asthma friendly.

CBS News

The Alergy and Asthma Foundation even the kids alergy free stuffed animal dogs because of their breathing issues..

Info from the Alergy and Asthma Foundation

Were they suddenly cured of their asthma and allergies or did they not ever have them? Why would a parent claim to have a child with health issues when it isn't true? Or do they still have the health issues but Obama is withholding the shots from them for other reasons?

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Bad Dog]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
What the hell do you care if he gives his daughters flu shots or not. It's not any of your business any more than it would be his to mandate that you take a flu shot. I'll bet if he did get his daughters flu shots you would be all up in arms that his daughter got one when your daughter couldn't. This President just can't win with some folks.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
damwel, did you bother to read the post and the information at all?

This goes to conspiracy about the flu shots. Previously, the first family was very vocal about the asthma problem. Now suddenly, when all the children with asthma are 'top priority' for the shot, their children are suddenly healthy and just fine.

They are ducking the shot while at the same time pushing others to get it.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Excuse us. It matters.

When you run for president, you are accepting responsibility for everything that people expect. You should expect to be the primary role model. You should expect everyone and everything to expect everything from you. This is a fact of the office of the President of the United States. It is ABSOLUTELY all of our business. Obama gets paid for all of this to be our business.

You do realize that this -person- that you are defending is the same one who has declared a national emergency due to the H1N1 virus?

You see that grey hair that is accumulating on Obama's head? It's not because everything is fine and dandy. He got what he wanted, wished he didn't, and now has to pay. He isn't worried about anyone else except for himself. "How the heck do I get out of this mess?" You don't hear that in his voice when he talks?

Enjoy.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Perhaps they got a flu shot, but not the same one as every one else is taking and want to cover it up. .

~spooky~

Just thought I would keep this thread going.
I do remember Obama making a big deal that his daughters would be vaccinated and had assumed they would have by now. It does seem odd, actually.

[edit on 10/26/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bad Dog
They are ducking the shot while at the same time pushing others to get it.

"They" as in the first family? Who is "they"? The Obamas?

WHO is pushing you to get the shot?

Originally posted by damwel
I'll bet if he did get his daughters flu shots you would be all up in arms that his daughter got one when your daughter couldn't.

Boy, isn't that the truth?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
So he declared an emergency, what does that mean, well to begin with, it frees up funds and resources needed to produce the vaccine at a much faster rate and allows the distribution to flow to various facilities without impediment.

This vaccination is not mandatory, so what do you care if the Obama children have had the vaccine? Really.

If it were a mandatory vaccination, and everyone HAD to receive it, then I could see the problem with the children of the President not having had it, but again, it isn't compulsory.

So again, what is the big deal? or are you just trying to create a big deal?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
When you run for president, you are accepting responsibility for everything that people expect.

What? What does that mean? Are you saying that the president should live up to all of our expectations? If so, I strongly disagree. That's not his job. It's just another unreasonable expectation.

You can expect whatever you want from the president, but he has no responsibility whatsoever to fulfill all your expectations.

It is ABSOLUTELY all of our business.

Actually the medical care of his family members is none of our business.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I am defending the right of someone to choose whether to get or give their children anything. If they were sick and he was refusing treatment for them that might be different. It's not anyone's business what he does with his kids.

I can just see the secret service standing on the playground with Obama's kids and checking any kid they come near for the flu virus before they can play with them. You know BH, that's probably the next rumor we will hear and have the American Spectator, WND or Fox News used as a source of it's truthfullness.

and no I didn't watch the video this time because I am not disputing the truthfullness here just making the statement that it isn't anyone's business.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Don't worry the first family along with the rest of the elites in the nation and around the world will be getting preferred treatment, while we be offered a poison on our vaccines they will get Baxter Inc. manufacturing vaccines with less poisons for a good price.

So far 5 nations elites asked for the improved vaccine

And then people still think we are nothing to worry about.

Premium Vaccines — Only for the Elite

dochand.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Actually, going into office, you understand all of these to be facts/obstacles of your life for atleast 4 years. Yes, all of this stuff is our business. The president gave up any rights to anything private the second he took a public office.

That is a fact for anyone taking public office these days. It isn't necessarily right, but it is now a fact and all of the people who take public office these days know that ahead of time.

If they can't deal with it, they should stay out of the office.

As far as transparency goes, we don't get much transparency from the government as it is. That is why we demand so much transparency in the first place. If there wasn't a thing to hide, then there would be no reason to demand transparency.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

When you run for president, you are accepting responsibility for everything that people expect.

What? What does that mean? Are you saying that the president should live up to all of our expectations? If so, I strongly disagree. That's not his job. It's just another unreasonable expectation.

You can expect whatever you want from the president, but he has no responsibility whatsoever to fulfill all your expectations.

It is ABSOLUTELY all of our business.

Actually the medical care of his family members is none of our business.

It is when he publicly supports the vaccine and states he will get his children vaccinated .

But then FAILS to do so .

are you a obama nuthugger ?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Wow, how ironic.

I am not going to assume you are a liberal, even though usually liberals defend Obama. I am not a conservative, so it would be wrong of me to make that call.

However, I was extremely tempted to make the claim that it is ironic for a liberal to be claiming conservative views in order to defend his/her president, but not when defending the people of the country.

Of course, I could be way off on your political standing.

I will say, however, that we have a liberal president who believes that these things are not necessarily our decisions to make. Go Figure. It's a good thing he ain't the one saying, "It's none of your business."

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The president gave up any rights to anything private the second he took a public office.

The president gave up his privacy rights? On what do you base this?

Originally posted by 2kni3
It is when he publicly supports the vaccine and states he will get his children vaccinated .

That does not make it our business.

are you a obama nuthugger ?

I have no idea what that is.

I will say, however, that we have a liberal president who believes that these things are not necessarily our decisions to make.

What has he said that makes you think vaccinations are "not necessarily our decision to make"?

You guys are WAY short on facts and LONG on fantasy.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

By the mere fact of knowing that all the world will be talking about his every move for 4 years, it should have been enough to realize that he did not have privacy for 4 years atleast. He is the most famous person on the planet right now. He trumps the pope. Heretic, do you go to the grocery store? Do you see where celebrities end up? I'm sure you've been through the checkouts. The only difference is that he hasn't been caught with pimples yet (as far as I know). He's only been caught saying things that don't add up (all presidents do that, just like all celebrities have pimples and ex-girlfriends. Even the females.)

Everything that happens with that family is our business as long as it is something that Obama himself sees fit to regulate in our own lives. He has involved himself with an agenda in regards to the influenza virus, specifically H1N1. If this vaccine that they are talking about was as effective as it is supposed to be, there would be no need for any executive decisions from anywhere. Healthcare would be allowed to do what it is supposed to do. However, there is obviously something to hide. Obama says himself regarding the vaccine in the video I reposted in this thread earlier that he will listen to his health advisors on what to do. Yet, he finds it prudent to get involved and make decisions concerning our health. You cannot have it both ways.

There is no shortage of facts. There is only the ability or the inability to add. Obama has himself declared a national emergency due to the H1N1 virus. This alone is a statement. I am president, hear me roar. I fight H1N1 with a pen! I tell people where to go, what to do, and how to do it today specifically because H1N1 is my enemy! Who cares that the other flu is actually killing thousands of people! H1N1 has taken out 1000 of my people and I cannot tolerate that. Everyone knows what H1N1 is, so I have to attack that one!

THIS IS A COMPLETE RECREATION OF BUSH'S WAR. Except it is against microscopic organisms. Bush went after Saddam instead of Osama because more people knew Saddam's name and it would earn him a "Mission Accomplished" badge. Besides all the rest of the political mumbo-jumbo, that was the effect he went for and he succeeded. Obama is doing the same thing. The seasonal influenza is a constant killer and we just can't seem to get the hit out on it. But that danged H1N1 that everyone is talking about, it has got to stop! It has a scary name with 2 letters and 2 numbers, and that just sounds like something from the hospital, so let's take it where it belongs!

Yeah, I embellished a little. My point still stands. There is a reason for transparency and any argument against it is an argument for conservatism. So, I would like to see all the republicans stand up and fight for Obama's rights while he flushes yours down the toilet.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
When discussing potential conspiracies everything in the public domain becomes fair game. Everything from George Bush and his missing National Guard records (that he suddenly found) to the Obama administration telling people to get the Swine Flu shots, but Obama himself not get his daughters the shot.

Asthma was a big issue for them, and now suddenly it isn't there and that's the alleged reason for them not getting the shot.

If people discussing conspiracies stuck to only that which governments wanted discussed, this site would need to shut down from lack of activity.

This is as much 'our business' to discuss as George Bush and his failed business dealings, or Sara Palin's book, or Amy Carter hanging with radicals, or Newts extra marital affair and the fact that he thinks he is a viable option for the 2012 election.

As I pointed out in my opening post, the White House is claiming the children are healthy and therefore won't be getting the shot yet. However, the Obamas previously made a very big display of the asthma.

Were they telling lies about having the asthma or are they protecting their children from the vaccination now? Which is it? Anyone who thinks that discussing the latest possible lie from Obama administration is 'none of our business' is free to go mind their own business somewhere that isn't a conspiracy discussion site.

Of course there is a third possibility. That being that the first family got those special vaccinations just like the elite in Germany did.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Some people seriously need to get their heads out of their *****.

The President and his families medical care is none of your damn business.

His children are none of your damn business.

Just like your family's care is none of his.

No one is forcing anything on you. You don't want to take the bloody vaccine than don't take the damn thing.

Leave it to Conservatives to go after the guys kids to make a stupid point.

He called a State of Emergency because better to be prepared than not. You know so we don't have another Katrina debacle.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Did Obama or Michelle get the shots?

And if they had made the shots mandatory it would make it interesting to see if the girls would be forced to take the shots.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

Wow such negative energy, no one is going after anyone's kids.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is actually a really good question, OP. I'm sorry to see people missing the point by claiming it's none of our business regarding Obama's personal choice for his family. Of course that's true: It's his family's right to decide whether or not to get the vaccine. But the underlying conspiratorial issue is why.

Just to be sure, I looked some things up to make sure asthmatics are what would be considered 'high risk.' Sure enough, they are. From two different sources:

Asthma patients remain concerned about the new type of influenza and the vaccine to be administered against it, even though people with underlying diseases have been given priority to receive inoculations according to the government's newly finalized basic policy on new-flu vaccinations. This is partly because asthmatic people, once they contract the new flu, tend to develop severe symptoms.

SOURCE

The nation's allergists are urging asthma patients to get a swine (H1N1) flu shot in addition to a seasonal flu shot this fall to protect themselves against both types of the influenza following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Vaccine Advisory Committee recommendations July 29 that identified people with asthma as one of the high-priority groups to receive the H1N1 flu vaccine.

SOURCE

So you ask a really good question. The Obama girls are being said they have not yet received the vaccine due to their lack of risk but having asthma would indeed place them into the high risk category, meaning they should be getting the vaccine ASAP, especially considering their father just declared it a health emergency.

Very strange. Any time we see government officials pull the 'do as we say, not as we do' tactic, we should ask questions. So we're asking a question- not trying to poke our noses into Obama's personal family choices. Sorry your thread is being made out to be like that.

[edit on 10/26/2009 by AshleyD]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join